News Crows FIXture 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are we expecting something announced soon now that trade week and a half is out of the way. Has been released end of Oct/early Nov in past years.

I’m a traditionalist so hope the AFL keeps the Crows opening and closing the season at home.

And Carlton at home please. Unless they’re too yella again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Well we will definitely play Port and Sydney twice.

I wonder if we played attractive enough football last season to get some prime time spots?

Or if we'll be stuck with Saturday afternoon/ Sunday time slots

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are we expecting something announced soon now that trade week and a half is out of the way. Has been released end of Oct/early Nov in past years.

I’m a traditionalist so hope the AFL keeps the Crows opening and closing the season at home.

And Carlton at home please. Unless they’re too yella again.

Believe it will be released the end of November after the draft.

Double ups as follows -

At of top 6 it will be one so it will be Port
From next 6, two of Sydney, Essendon, West Coast, Fremantle, Richmond and St Kilda
The last 6, two of Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Gold Coast and North Melbourne

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers

Double ups as follows -

From next 6, two of Sydney, Essendon, West Coast, Fremantle, Richmond and St Kilda
The last 6, two of Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Gold Coast and North Melbourne
I'm pretty sure this process isn't used anymore. It certainly wasn't used for Port the last two years...

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm pretty sure this process isn't used anymore. It certainly wasn't used for Port the last two years...

Yes it still is and is based after the finals.

They played Collingwood and St Kilda twice (finished 5th and 6th), Bulldogs and Carlton (8th and 11th) and us (18th). It is just Collingwood and Saints went both s**t in 2021.

In 2020, each side played each other once.

So in 2022, they should play in double ups

2 of Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Geelong, Brisbane and GWS

2 of Essendon, Sydney, Fremantle, West Coast, St Kilda and Richmond

and Us

Reckon they will get Geelong and GWS (the lower threats of that first rung).

Now for the sides finishing 7-12 they can play 1 or 2 of top 6, 1 or 2 of middle 6 and 1 or 2 of bottom 6. Any configuration is possible in that group - 1/2/2, 2/1/2, 2/2/1.

Last edited:
I'd like to avoid any trips that see us play Victorian sides away outside of Victoria
All things being equal, every team should be travelling to Ballarat/Launceston/Hobart/Cairns/Alice Springs twice every 2 years

I reckon the first Showdown, Port home game, will be scheduled for Tex's first game back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
That'd piss me off

Would mean Port would've been scheduled to host the 1st showdown SIX straight times................Yet lets rewind to the 2013 offseason "But the games flip-flip every year so it's our turn to host the first game"

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
That'd piss me off

Would mean Port would've been scheduled to host the 1st showdown SIX straight times................Yet lets rewind to the 2013 offseason "But the games flip-flip every year so it's our turn to host the first game"

AFL need them to host the first Showdown coz we will turn up to our Showdown regardless when it is programmed whereas they need to maximise their crowd and easier if done early in the season.

The last time we hosted the first Showdown was 2016. We also hosted the first one in 2015 which is probably because they hosted the first showdowns of 2013 and 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL need them to host the first Showdown coz we will turn up to our Showdown regardless when it is programmed whereas they need to maximise their crowd and easier if done early in the season.

The last time we hosted the first Showdown was 2016. We also hosted the first one in 2015 which is probably because they hosted the first showdowns of 2013 and 2014.
Alternatively, if they're having a bad year, their crowds will drop off either way, and having a injection of Crows fan to bring in ticket/concession sales might be what's needed to give them 1 game in the back end of the season a profit.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide

Double ups as follows -

From the middle 6 i'll go Sydney and one of the WA sides, normally WC, but I might go Freo to be outlandish.
From the bottom 6 i'll go Carlton and GC, the two highest finishing sides from that bottom bracket. I wonder if we play Carlton twice will they both be away??

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
They continue to be kissed on the proverbial...surely they will get a hard fixture this year?
Doubtful. The AFL know that Port are one collapse away from closing the doors. They will do everything they can to help prevent that - even if it is to promote artificial success

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Doubtful. The AFL know that Port are one collapse away from closing the doors. They will do everything they can to help prevent that - even if it is to promote artificial success
The AFL need a game of footy in SA every week and will always be there to keep Port operating

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back