News Crows FIXture 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course it's round 3 the last round Tex is suspended for.

The word double header suggests we still won't be the nationally televised game either
Christ, we finally get a home Friday night Showdiwn and you still manage to only focus on the negatives. We had no Tex in the last Showdown which we would've done if it wasn't for Kelly's * up, and he's gone.

Nothing in the article about a double header on the Friday. It’s a stand alone, prime time, Nationally televised game.
Crows to host first Friday night Showdown (afc.com.au)
The game will start at 7.50pm ACDT and may be part of a Friday night double header, with the League expected to confirm details of the 2022 fixture at lunch time on Thursday.

That's 8:20 Eastern though.
Stand alone - Love it
But double header? YOu either go earlier and let Perth go afterwards, or you push it back another 30 minutes and squeeze a small Friday Night game in at Marvel at something like 5:45pm Eastern.

The AFL will probably have Carlton V North on at the same time at the MCG and have that as the Nationally televised game…

can you imagine this even being a possibility if it was two Victorian teams?
What I don’t get about this Vic centric telecast bias, in the example you gave, what would the rest of the vic supporters and the rest of Australia want to watch, 2 vic teams they don’t support or an interstate rivalry which generally produce great games. Surely the Showdown would rate more.

Only Crows supporters could complain if the AFL could gave us a home Grand Final and still not be happy.
I mean, we'd have about 20k fans there?
Easier than getting tickets to last years North melbourne game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL will probably have Carlton V North on at the same time at the MCG and have that as the Nationally televised game…

can you imagine this even being a possibility if it was two Victorian teams?

at least we wouldn't have to watch it if they did

I'm actually furious about this Friday night double header BS.

The best rivalry in the game finally gets to be shown in prime time, and the VFL simply can't let it be seen on its own. Outside of Good Friday, when was the last Friday night double header??

It's like we are a battered wife. The VFL keep belting us around, but expect us to be grateful the one time they give us some flowers - even if it comes with a backhander. The shame is that many of our supporters are just thankful for the flowers.

The VFL can go and get F'ed. This is not a great thing for us. This is the VFL reminding us of where we sit.

I'm actually furious about this Friday night double header BS.

The best rivalry in the game finally gets to be shown in prime time, and the VFL simply can't let it be seen on its own. Outside of Good Friday, when was the last Friday night double header??

It's like we are a battered wife. The VFL keep belting us around, but expect us to be grateful the one time they give us some flowers - even if it comes with a backhander. The shame is that many of our supporters are just thankful for the flowers.

The VFL can go and get F'ed. This is not a great thing for us. This is the VFL reminding us of where we sit.
Exactly, people saying finally we get something and people are negative about it, can't you all see what the AFL are doing? They're like fine you have a Friday night game but you have to share the night, we won't televise it nationally oh and we'll make the round before your star key forward of the last decade finishes his suspension

Exactly, people saying finally we get something and people are negative about it, can't you all see what the AFL are doing? They're like fine you have a Friday night game but you have to share the night, we won't televise it nationally oh and we'll make the round before your star key forward of the last decade finishes his suspension
I don't care about Tex. He did the crime, so bad luck to him.

But having a double header, where the games WILL overlap. Unbelievable and a massive slap in the face to all SA footy supporters.

The Tex stuff isn't a factor to when it was fixtured and is irrelevant

A) As I said, we should've won the last Showdown when he didn't play
B) It's 100% on him

I want to wait and see on the Friday game first
There might be next to no overlap and it works (if it's 20-30 minutes and that game's a blowout, everyone could switch over)
Or it could be a clusterf*ck and it's something like Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda and our game starts at their halftime while they're close

Lets wait 1-2 hours before castrating the AFL first.

ALso - Any chance of Good Friday Friday Night game again?
We asked for more primetime games, and the twilight North-Bulldogs game will be 7, so we might get something like West Coast in Rd 5 on foxtel.
Got what we asked for, but still not get the reason why (2 friday night......................foxtel games)

I actually like that they might bring in Friday night double headers.
No they aren't. They are doing it this year, in round 3 only. I wonder why?
A bit like how they decided not to split the draft over two nights for that one year only. I wonder which team that might have impacted most?

No they aren't. They are doing it this year, in round 3 only. I wonder why?
A bit like how they decided not to split the draft over two nights for that one year only. I wonder which team that might have impacted most?
It would be a test.

I wouldn't be opposed to it tbh.
Just need to make it work.

I think it'd be worth going a 6pm Eastern at Marvel every week (the location just works very well being ontop of one of the main transport hubs in Melbourne)
Then have a 9pm Eastern afterwards from interstate. Always.
Then turn Saturday Afternoon into the showcase Vic vs Vic game at the MCG. (look at crowds, only Melbourne and Sydney make it work)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back