Toast CROWS get their man Don Pyke named Adelaide coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Don had a tough job to do and he has done it well.

Don had to come in and;
- Keep the squads mind on the job
- Be the 4th coach in 14 months
- Reset the game plan in the absence of Dangerfield
- Work on players skills and tackling that has been a major deficiency over recent years

All of that while taking on the expectation of success and trying to better the year before.

If I was to look at the current Crows side from an outsiders point of view I feel that they are playing the perfect team football! (this in no way shape or form says they are perfect and will win the premiership) but we don't seem to rely on just 1 or 2 individuals to get the job done, it seems to be an even contribution across the board. Something we have sadly lacked in our side for a very long time.

I have the feeling Pyke will be a special coach. Listening to him talk, he just as such a high IQ. Smart operator.

Unfortunately we'll never know with Walshy. He was starting from a long way further back than Pyke, who is the first to admit he came in to take over a well drilled unit that had been whipped into shape.

RIP the great man. If we were to win the flag I can picture Tex on the dias holding the Premiership Cup and thanking Walshy and saying 'this is for you'. That will be a great moment.

Don had a tough job to do and he has done it well.

Don had to come in and;
- Keep the squads mind on the job
- Be the 4th coach in 14 months
- Reset the game plan in the absence of Dangerfield
- Work on players skills and tackling that has been a major deficiency over recent years

All of that while taking on the expectation of success and trying to better the year before.

If I was to look at the current Crows side from an outsiders point of view I feel that they are playing the perfect team football! (this in no way shape or form says they are perfect and will win the premiership) but we don't seem to rely on just 1 or 2 individuals to get the job done, it seems to be an even contribution across the board. Something we have sadly lacked in our side for a very long time.
Love that Pyke keeps emphasising the even contribution angle. We lacked this previously. Doing a great job.

RIP the great man. If we were to win the flag I can picture Tex on the dias holding the Premiership Cup and thanking Walshy and saying 'this is for you'. That will be a great moment.
I got goosebumps reading that. :oops:

Walsh was the one who put the Club on the right track, with his forceful personality and footy nous. Pyke will be the one to obtain success, with his intelligence, calmness, and people skills. He's joined us at the right time.

I got goosebumps reading that. :oops:

Walsh was the one who put the Club on the right track, with his forceful personality and footy nous. Pyke will be the one to obtain success, with his intelligence, calmness, and people skills. He's joined us at the right time.

Walshy laid the foundations and now Pyke is adding his ingredients to an evolving game plan

I also believe a byproduct of Phil's passing is that this playing group has developed a very special bond which is starting to translate on to the footy field on game day

Did anyone happen to see yesterday's advertiser with our mid-year report from the chief footy writer? Wasn't too bad an article until the last paragraph in the "coach" section

Gave him some praise for what he has done so far as coach, but then the last line:

"Off the field, there is the question about whether he can "sell" his club and "promote" the game. No-One is perfect"

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

Did anyone happen to see yesterday's advertiser with our mid-year report from the chief footy writer? Wasn't too bad an article until the last paragraph in the "coach" section

Gave him some praise for what he has done so far as coach, but then the last line:

"Off the field, there is the question about whether he can "sell" his club and "promote" the game. No-One is perfect"

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

Winning is the best promotion of all and I think 64000 members would agree

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

It's the line he uses when he means to say "The AFC no longer give me access to the internals or let me break any news".

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

Winning is the best promotion of all and I think 64000 members would agree

People should tweet/email the Crows, and just reinforce that most of us couldn't give a s**t about Pykey selling the Club - his job is to win; ideally, by playing exciting, engaging footy.

On that score, Pykey is doing everything we could ask - and more.

Leave the marketing and PR s**t to other people...

Just tidy up selection Pyke, and then we are golden ;)

People should tweet/email the Crows, and just reinforce that most of us couldn't give a s**t about Pykey selling the Club - his job is to win; ideally, by playing exciting, engaging footy.

Just tweeted Fagan with a snip of the pic :)

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

Makes you wonder what type morons would be out there who would actually be asking that question.

You know we've got a quality coach when he's able to address a weakness mid season and now it's a strength.

As for selection, he's not far off and he's made some great calls so far. Backing in McGovern, mostly backing in Milera. VB gone forever I reckon. Just need to replace Douglas and Mackay with Crouch and Menzel and we need to build him a statue at AO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know we've got a quality coach when he's able to address a weakness mid season and now it's a strength.

As for selection, he's not far off and he's made some great calls so far. Backing in McGovern, mostly backing in Milera. VB gone forever I reckon. Just need to replace Douglas and Mackay with Crouch and Menzel and we need to build him a statue at AO.

Flag first, then the statue can be built ;)

Hahahahahahahahahahahah
Rooch code for he's giving me nothing! :)

I actually enjoy listening to the intellectual pyke. Problem for Rooch is he doesn't come up with bs headline spin. ;)

It's the line he uses when he means to say "The AFC no longer give me access to the internals or let me break any news".
He's dug a massive hole for himself with his 20 years of inane, trolling carry on. Is paying for it now.

The sad thing is that whoever runs the Advertiser doesn't care.

Couldn't agree more....

Rucci also needs to understand that the crows unlike port do not need their coach to sell the club as it is port and not the crows who have a history of supporters, members and sponsors jumping off during lean times

I would also add that port are also guilty of selling a false economy for example the "we never give up" tag and the constant trumpet blowing over the past 18 months of having an elite football program in terms of player development and conditioning which has now created false expectations that they are unable to deliver on.....

The AFC has become a authentic club while the other now live in a smoke and mirrors environment

Hahahahahahahahahahahah
Rooch has said this in the radio too. The best way to 'sell' the game rooch is through playing attractive football not banging on about trying harder like kern

Will we erect anything that takes the focus away from 2 story VB though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back