News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what kind of deals these are for us and even Port, both clubs went with what appear to kit suppliers for local clubs with a couple of bigger teams that probably aren't the big teams in their leagues.

Might be wrong to compare the two but...

Both companies happen to have set up their Australian offices in Adelaide.

Maybe they are bigger international companies than ISC/BLK, not sure, but no idea how separate and how big their Australian operations are either.

Feels to me these are similar deals to the BLK/ISC model? Whatever that is, more so than a Nike or Adidas who aren't worried about picking up accounts with Gepps Cross Futsal club or whatever and see AFL club sponsorship as a relatively small marketing expense, probably to sell footy boots or something.

I really don't know anything about it, but if it is the ISC/BLK thing, hopefully this one sees out the length of the contract.
O'Neils as a company has been around for 100 odd years, we're well and truly cursed if they go kaput now.

O'Neils as a company has been around for 100 odd years, we're well and truly cursed if they go kaput now.

I would think it's fine too, I guess the unknown is if the Australian business is fairly independent or not, if they don't meet targets here, they could pack up or restructure the local business model well short of the contract ending if it's supposed to be 5 years like the last one.

I think ISC and even BLK still exist in some form.

I would think it's fine too, I guess the unknown is if the Australian business is fairly independent or not, if they don't meet targets here, they could pack up or restructure the local business model well short of the contract ending if it's supposed to be 5 years like the last one.

I think ISC and even BLK still exist in some form.
BLK went into receivership and got bought up by some Fijian oil company. They still do a bit of team sport stuff, but cut that way back. From what I've read it's difficult for a lot of these suppliers to make a decent profit with the big teams they sign with and it's seen as a marketing deal mostly. The ISC and BLK problems come when they sign big long term deals with 5,6,7 or even 8 clubs like I think ISC had. That's just in the AFL too, I think ISC had another 9 odd in the NRL as well.

So at the moment they're still limited in what they do, if they just keep it to a few teams in different leagues then that will probably work out better for them in the long run.

Last edited:

Gone are the days of apparel sponsorship like what happened in the 90s. There is no way that if an AFL club signed with Adidas now they would be getting anything bespoke like they did years ago. Unfortunately with lead times of 18 months or longer with your Nike's and Adidas's, something that is a simple template is all we would be getting.

As much as O'Neills isn't a massive streetwear brand it's the best chance that we've got of someone paying more attention to detail and delivering something that the fans are after (which may take a year or so)

Club will probably announce deal on Monday (2nd). Looks like we've held off until the new "sponsorship year", which starts November 1.
We tend to show off our new guernseys right away when we sign up with a new supplier, so we might see the new non-white clash design that Rucci mentioned we were arguing with the AFL over. Fingers crossed for something nice.

Club will probably announce deal on Monday (2nd). Looks like we've held off until the new "sponsorship year", which starts November 1.
We tend to show off our new guernseys right away when we sign up with a new supplier, so we might see the new non-white clash design that Rucci mentioned we were arguing with the AFL over. Fingers crossed for something nice.

I got a feeling it’s going to be Red

I think we will have a away strip plus a clash

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very exciting. Will be watching AFC socials closely this morning

It's official, three year deal

ONeills_WEB_0211.png

ONEILLS_WEB.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the actual * is that polo. Amateur looking kit.

Won't be purchasing any apparel until we move to a premium brand.

What the actual fu** is that polo. Amateur looking kit.

They took that image down pretty quick based on the blowback.

Club not having a great week when it comes to executing the important things, are they.

I've never really bought player/coach gear like polos with logos (unless Toyota want to pay me to wear it?!) but understand A LOT of people do which is fine...

How can the club think that's what they want? Who at the club looked at that, bench marked it against industry best and decided it was good enough to proceed and order hundreds of thousands of dollars worth to sell?

It looks a bit good enough for a local club... but hey, if we are using the company that supplies organisations like the Gepps Cross Futsal Club their merchandise that's probably what we'll get.

What the actual fu** is that polo. Amateur looking kit.

Ironic thing is, one could argue we have one of the most premium brands in the AFL

1. Adidas - Hawthorn
2. Under Armour - Essendon
3. Puma - Carlton, Richmond
=4. Canterbury - North Melbourne
=4. O'Neills - Adelaide
6. Asics - Western Bulldogs
7. New Balance - Melbourne
daylight
8 - X Blades - Greater Western Sydney
9. Classic - Brisbane
daylight
10 - ISC - Collingwood, Fremantle, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Sydney, West Coast
daylight
11. Cotton On - Geelong
daylight
daylight
daylight
12. No Apparel contract - Port Adelaide

Ironic thing is, one could argue we have one of the most premium brands in the AFL

1. Adidas - Hawthorn
2. Under Armour - Essendon
3. Puma - Carlton, Richmond
=4. Canterbury - North Melbourne
=4. O'Neills - Adelaide
6. Asics - Western Bulldogs
7. New Balance - Melbourne
daylight
8 - X Blades - Greater Western Sydney
9. Classic - Brisbane
daylight
10 - ISC - Collingwood, Fremantle, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Sydney, West Coast
daylight
11. Cotton On - Geelong
daylight
daylight
daylight
12. No Apparel contract - Port Adelaide

Port have gone with Macron - was announced last week.

That still puts them down the bottom in terms of apparel suppliers though.

Port have gone with Macron - was announced last week.

That still puts them down the bottom in terms of apparel suppliers though.
I had never heard of them
Going through the list of contracts Macron have, they have like 4 okay soccer clubs and a pile of trash. (1 in Germany, 2 in Italy and 1 in Spain)

I'd put them above Cotton On, and about on par with ISC

Thing is, Cotton On are in their infancy of sportswear. They will eventually push higher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back