News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

Bill Sanders. Sanders ...

Oh My God Reaction GIF

The Sharks is very cool, but how could you be upset about being the Crows over the Rams?

You can do so much cooler s**t brand wise with a crow than a sheep. Imagine our goal celebration video at AO being "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA".

The Sharks is very cool, but how could you be upset about being the Crows over the Rams?

You can do so much cooler s**t brand wise with a crow than a sheep. Imagine our goal celebration video at AO being "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA".
We could have played a couple games in NZ aswell, get a whole lot of new fans

So my wife went shopping yesterday, saw a retro Crows mug and socks set and bought it for me because she knows that logo is the goat. This is the set.

ADLC364.jpg

Any logo nerds spot the issue?

Further research shows there's a large range of this retro stuff available at the moment, all officially licensed and on official AFL and AFC stores. Hats, shirts, hoodies, keyrings, all the with the stripes wrong.

How does this even happen on an official product? Does it go through any approvals process at the club? Further, how do you even get that wrong? A simple google search brings up our logo, and surely they have vector images of these all in the vault ready to use. Clearly they've recreated the logo from scratch and botched a pretty important part. Jeez the AFL licenses some dodgy stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The red strips behind the Crow tail getting inversed?

The OG logo had Adelaide small font and Crows bigger, but it was swapped to how that logo looks after Port joined
The stripes, yes. The wording is accurate for 97/98, when we swapped to the ADELAIDE Crows instead of Adelaide CROWS.

The order of our stripes/hoops is kind of a big deal. Even if they got them in the wrong order repeatedly it'd be less jarring than them swapping halfway through.

How does this even happen on an official product? Does it go through any approvals process at the club?

I actually don't think it does. It seems we just get what we are told to sell.

How else do you explain those horrible custard yellow and faded blue BLK guernseys we had for a while.

Like surely no one at the club sent back some vibrant jumpers and said, too good, lets tone them down a lot.

The answer might have been that's all they were capable of doing with their current processes or whatever, but I can't imagine an Eddie McGuire (the new guy maybe...) telling Collingwood's supplier, yep no problem, we can use the brown stripes this year, try again next year.

And that's something as important as a guernsey, the AFL supplied stuff would be even more hands off.

Cannot believe Port didn’t use Sharks. Power is the worst name in the league. Yes, even worse than Suns.

It's a shocker (no pun intended). I hate any name like that that you can't apply to a single player. "Ball lands between a Crow and a Power... player." Same with Utah Jazz and Miami Heat, etc.

That said, I do love how everything about their club screams 90z kewl. The teal and silver, lightning bolts, outside the box name. In a way they're lucky they went power because if they went Sharks or Pirates with their marketing team you can almost bet they'd have come in as Port Piratez! Their club is like a "Jazz Cup" brought to life.

It's a shocker (no pun intended). I hate any name like that that you can't apply to a single player. "Ball lands between a Crow and a Power... player." Same with Utah Jazz and Miami Heat, etc.

That said, I do love how everything about their club screams 90z kewl. The teal and silver, lightning bolts, outside the box name. In a way they're lucky they went power because if they went Sharks or Pirates with their marketing team you can almost bet they'd have come in as Port Piratez! Their club is like a "Jazz Cup" brought to life.

The only thing they managed to avoid was having a gradient on the jumper

So my wife went shopping yesterday, saw a retro Crows mug and socks set and bought it for me because she knows that logo is the goat. This is the set.

ADLC364.jpg

Any logo nerds spot the issue?

Further research shows there's a large range of this retro stuff available at the moment, all officially licensed and on official AFL and AFC stores. Hats, shirts, hoodies, keyrings, all the with the stripes wrong.

How does this even happen on an official product? Does it go through any approvals process at the club? Further, how do you even get that wrong? A simple google search brings up our logo, and surely they have vector images of these all in the vault ready to use. Clearly they've recreated the logo from scratch and botched a pretty important part. Jeez the AFL licenses some dodgy stuff.
The worst I saw was actually sold at Crowmania.

The first retro stuff to come out, it was our old logo. But it had the VFL logo on the side.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back