News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we just go with a set of 3 like we did a few years back

Have our home guernsey
Then have a red and a yellow version of the BUlldogs guernsey (similar to what we wore prior to 2020)

Home guernsey - All home games*, away to Sydney, Gold Coast
Yellow guernsey - away to GWS, Essendon, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs, Melbourne, St Kilda,
Red guernsey - away to Richmond, West Coast, Hawthorn
Whichever we want of our yellow or red guernseys - away to Fremantle, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide

This a hill I'm willing to die on. I hope the rumour is true and that we are indeed pushing to have a non-white clash, but bring in both a gold and red variant and wear them roughly equally in away games. Make them just as synonymous with the club as the home kit currently is. Set and forget, find other merchandise opportunities to bring in money rather than changing the away/clash jumpers every few years.

Adelaide.png Crows Uniform Matrix.png

PUMA back on board for 2021 and Infinite Retail/Rebel sport are now gone effective 31/10/20
Thought Adidas was always our best but I did really like our Puma stuff. Added bonus will be my Sando polo will be current again, even if the waist of it keeps bloody shrinking every year.

Whatever the colour, it should be hoops, I thought the change this year was just pointless and took away from our tradition without really adding anything worthwhile.

Were more people really going to buy the away jumper because it had a slight chevron and a white crow on it?

I'd go with hoops traditional, hoops yellow and hoops red.

Then to please marketing I'd bring back the preseason jumper concept.

Maybe take some inspiration from the NBA, something simple but modern, maybe another one traditional/retro, futuristic, whatever, switch it up each year.

Another rumor from Rucci this morning...

We're apparently arguing with the AFL about our jumpers for next year.

We just want a home and an away jumper and don't want white as it's not one of our colours, but apparently from the AFL's point of view, a red or yellow jumper causes a clash...

Now, I'm actually all for every club having a white jumper and a dark one, it makes watching on TV so much easier, however, I also hope it's true and we fight this, we should win simply because of Richmond having a yellow clash jumper and Essendon having a red clash jumper.
If Rooch is only ever right about one thing I hope it's this. Absolute rubbish that we have to wear white. Richmond, Essendon, West Coast, Hawthorn, Brisbane, Melbourne and Port all get away with (or have gotten away with recently) wearing non-white for a clash and never had issues, even when they play us surprisingly. And come on, for 3 years Melbourne's clash for navy and red has been royal blue and red. They can use that but we can't use yellow and/or red? Gtfo.

Always funny too how we clash with teams like Essendon but they don't clash with us. Must be differences in the SA/Vic atmosphere that affects how the same colours clash in different state.

Whatever the colour, it should be hoops, I thought the change this year was just pointless and took away from our tradition without really adding anything worthwhile.

Were more people really going to buy the away jumper because it had a slight chevron and a white crow on it?

I'd go with hoops traditional, hoops yellow and hoops red.

Then to please marketing I'd bring back the preseason jumper concept.

Maybe take some inspiration from the NBA, something simple but modern, maybe another one traditional/retro, futuristic, whatever, switch it up each year.
When Adam Kelly came on board one of his first things was making the home jumper sacred which is why it isn’t worn in preseason games.

I like the idea of keeping the blue, yellow and red ribbon as part of our brand and build into all our material.

Even to the point that our red or yellow away jumper has the ribbon as it’s key feature.

In all seriousness since the pissants won’t let us wear a state of origin top, that one but with a blue and yellow horizontal ribbon instead of a V would look killer.
I mocked up something like this a little while back (albeit with the club shield and SANFL club colours like our old heritage round jumper). Has an SA feel but with clear differences so there can't be any complaints. Red Crow's version above with the thick hoops works well too.

Only team that we currently clash with that I could see a red jumper having a serious issue with is Gold Coast, but seeing as though they seem to be able to wear their home guernsey away to us, there is no reason why we couldn't wear ours up there.
PrideJumper.png

I mocked up something like this a little while back (albeit with the club shield and SANFL club colours like our old heritage round jumper). Has an SA feel but with clear differences so there can't be any complaints. Red Crow's version above with the thick hoops works well too.

Only team that we currently clash with that I could see a red jumper having a serious issue with is Gold Coast, but seeing as though they seem to be able to wear their home guernsey away to us, there is no reason why we couldn't wear ours up there.
View attachment 950070
That’s a bingo

I really like the addition of the SANFL club colours

View attachment 950070
That’s awesome work! Love it!

View attachment 950070
That is awesome!

Thought Adidas was always our best but I did really like our Puma stuff. Added bonus will be my Sando polo will be current again, even if the waist of it keeps bloody shrinking every year.
If Thompson comes on board he's gonna do the Sando move of wearing one size too small to make the guns look bigger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 950070
Very nice indeed.

Don’t see the big issue with white, we’ve worn white shorts for years.
The problem is that everyone doesn’t have the same rules.

I actually prefer the white for everyone and a few years ago when it was going that way it made it a lot easier to watch on tv.

Port adding a black back to their white jumper and teams wearing light jumpers with dark shorts vs a team with dark jumpers and light shorts annoys me greatly.

But I'm a bigger fan of the argument with the AFL, if that's what it is, don't tell us that we need a white jumper because we can't wear a red or a yellow one when Essendon and Richmond do exactly that.

PUMA back on board for 2021 and Infinite Retail/Rebel sport are now gone effective 31/10/20
So who's going to take over our online store and our physical store? Will it be the club itself or Puma (if true)? Some of us would remember how Puma owned the store we had in the city in 2014, and how that didn't exactly last, so that would be a bit surprising to see something like that happening again.

View attachment 950070

that is brillant

Another rumor from Rucci this morning...

We're apparently arguing with the AFL about our jumpers for next year.

We just want a home and an away jumper and don't want white as it's not one of our colours, but apparently from the AFL's point of view, a red or yellow jumper causes a clash...

Now, I'm actually all for every club having a white jumper and a dark one, it makes watching on TV so much easier, however, I also hope it's true and we fight this, we should win simply because of Richmond having a yellow clash jumper and Essendon having a red clash jumper.
I'm willing to bet 100% they don't want us wearing yellow or red because both Richmond and Essendon have clash / away gurnseys in those colours.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm willing to bet 100% they don't want us wearing yellow or red because both Richmond and Essendon have clash / away gurnseys in those colours.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why would that matter? When Richmond wear clash against us, we're the home team in our home jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back