News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

Simplicity, the away jumper is clearly awesome and it's great to finally see a true inverse of the home jumper for the first time. Clean design, the historical note is nice as well.

Welcome aboard O'Neills, an apparel partner probably hasn't nailed it on the first go like this since Adidas back in the 90s or Fila in early 2000s.

Simplicity, the away jumper is clearly awesome and it's great to finally see a true inverse of the home jumper for the first time. Clean design, the historical note is nice as well.

Welcome aboard O'Neills, an apparel partner probably hasn't nailed it on the first go like this since Adidas back in the 90s or Fila in early 2000s.
Would like to roll out the red as well

Is this yellow jumper 100% confirmed as our away guernsey? It still says 'away clash', which makes me think we're only wearing this once or twice a year against clubs with predominantly white home schemes.

Didn't we just change the white away jumper to the new design with the Crow on it last year, which would mean we would normally have it this year as well?

Can't see the AFL allowing us to use the home or yellow jumpers against Gold Coast. They will insist on a white strip, which to my thinking means this is just a 'clash'.

I love how much we live rent free in our idiot neighbours heads. On a Saturday night off-season all they can talk about is us and our new jumper
What's their issue? Surely they don't believe that along with football, footy clubs and premierships that they invented inverted colour schemes too?

Is this yellow jumper 100% confirmed as our away guernsey? It still says 'away clash', which makes me think we're only wearing this once or twice a year against clubs with predominantly white home schemes.

Didn't we just change the white away jumper to the new design with the Crow on it last year, which would mean we would normally have it this year as well?

Can't see the AFL allowing us to use the home or yellow jumpers against Gold Coast. They will insist on a white strip, which to my thinking means this is just a 'clash'.
I dunno. There's a big deal on the youtube video about it being "our colours", and the AFC shop doesn't have any white versions up. Really I imagine we roll with home unless absolutely necessary. There's no reason home with white shorts clashes with GC, or Hawthorn. I imagine we go with yellow and white shorts against Brisbane.

* 'em. Until EVERY club has a white away strip, no one should be forced to.

There is probably as much navy on this as there is black on Richmond's away jumper.

It seems clubs are moving away from the white clash jumper.

Paired with white shorts I think it will be fine against clubs we can't wear the home jumper against, if held to the same standards as others.

I dunno. There's a big deal on the youtube video about it being "our colours", and the AFC shop doesn't have any white versions up. Really I imagine we roll with home unless absolutely necessary. There's no reason home with white shorts clashes with GC, or Hawthorn. I imagine we go with yellow and white shorts against Brisbane.
Yeah, I don't want to be a pessimist but there is a lot of 'Pick 2 for Brad Crouch' about this at the moment. Given Kelly has said he views the home jumper as 'sacred' and we definitely can't wear this yellow one against GC, I have an ominous feeling we are going to see a white jumper soon. On twitter there's a few asking the club about this and I can't see a response either way so far, which doesn't fill me with confidence.

I hope I'm just overthinking this but I reserve the right to not get my hopes up based on the club's history for ignoring the feelings of the supporter base to bow before the the AFL on this topic specifically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pessimist but there is a lot of 'Pick 2 for Brad Crouch' about this at the moment. Given Kelly has said he views the home jumper as 'sacred' and we definitely can't wear this yellow one against GC, I have an ominous feeling we are going to see a white jumper soon. On twitter there's a few asking the club about this and I can't see a response either way so far, which doesn't fill me with confidence.

I hope I'm just overthinking this but I reserve the right to not get my hopes up based on the club's history for ignoring the feelings of the supporter base to bow before the the AFL on this topic specifically.

Pretty inconsequential when we can just wear the home guernsey.

GettyImages-952292306-696x464.jpg

Will we wear yellow shorts with the away kit or still white shorts?
I would say white shorts as they will also want the option of wearing the home jumper with white shorts v port and probably don't want to make 3 sets
I don't understand the Gold Coast concern, we've worn our home jumper against them for the last few years haven't we? What am I missing.
Gold Coast wear their home jumper away in Adelaide, but we have to wear our clash on the Gold Coast. It’s really not worth trying to understand the AFL’s jumper clash system.

Full home kit away vs GC as they wear their full home kit away against us already.
2b3fa7b86763998e405390452769d733.jpg

Full home kit away vs Hawthorn as it never used to clash in the 1990’s
fc50fdb1ec41df4de7756d486dd75edb.jpg

Yellow clash guernsey with white shorts away vs Brisbane.

Yellow clash guernsey with white shorts away vs Richmond (seemed to work for West Coast away against them)
b18297a7e3bdf2fcb2b74838943ef9d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's at home. The AFL has made us wear the white against GC when we play away. Don't ask me for the logic.

Maybe it's a case of the AFL making us wear the white away, because it's been the best option.

So if we don't have the option, like many clubs, they'll have to do what they do with the Suns in this case and have us wear our home jumper away.

You're right that there isn't a lot of logic, but clubs that have avoided the white get away with more than those they have the option.

It felt like everyone was moving towards a white version and we definitely embraced the idea more than others but it seems to be moving back to coloured away jumpers over the last few years.

In the era of 4K TV are clashes really an issue in AFL?

Soccer, and US sports where the uniform is a coloured shirt with no pattern, obvious clashes exist.

It has never been a "problem " in AFL.

Our closest clash has been vs Melbourne home jumper. And for most if our existence white shorts mitigated the problem.

However selling multiple variants of team jumpers is good busines

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On the AFC site, it says the yellow jumper will be worn in preseason and trial matches: no mention of away matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back