News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Like this new training guernsey
Looks nice with no white outline on the numbers. Hopefully same thing happens to the home
540aaf695ad36f0973556ebc5656e3be.jpg
FB_IMG_1612746895452.jpg

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
AFLW Pride guernsey looks fantastic!

Disappointing that Cotton On only realised an extremely limited range of Pride guernseys for sale (something like 5 in each size made for retail sale).

The sooner clubs get to choose their own apparel suppliers in the AFLW and not use a glorified Supre the better.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Disappointing that Cotton On only realised an extremely limited range of Pride guernseys for sale (something like 5 in each size made for retail sale).

The sooner clubs get to choose their own apparel suppliers in the AFLW and not use a glorified Supre the better.
Would we go with O'Neills for the girls too if we we're given a choice?

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
What’s going on at little brothers? You still can’t get any 2021 gear from their online shop and only a month to go. I’ve seen heaps of Crows O’Neill gear out and about. Looks like they signed a dud deal.

West Coast are having the same issue with their supplier (Castore). It seems out of all the little known suppliers, we got one of the more reliable ones.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
I don’t think the size of the supplier matters. Collingwood don’t have their Nike gear yet and they’re arguably the biggest sports brand in the world. The delays are mostly down to Covid. I’ve actually been impressed with how well O’Neills have managed to cope and get our gear ready.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
What’s going on at little brothers? You still can’t get any 2021 gear from their online shop and only a month to go. I’ve seen heaps of Crows O’Neill gear out and about. Looks like they signed a dud deal.
Who cares? What they do/don't do is of very little relevance to us.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I don’t think the size of the supplier matters. Collingwood don’t have their Nike gear yet and they’re arguably the biggest sports brand in the world. The delays are mostly down to Covid. I’ve actually been impressed with how well O’Neills have managed to cope and get our gear ready.
I know O'Neills is an Irish company, but do they manufacture the Australian teams stuff in Australia? They have offices in Adelaide I know, but might explain why we can get stuff while others getting their stuff from Asia are having delays.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know O'Neills is an Irish company, but do they manufacture the Australian teams stuff in Australia? They have offices in Adelaide I know, but might explain why we can get stuff while others getting their stuff from Asia are having delays.

All of O'Neills gear is made in Ireland. Thats quite good, far superior to getting gear from Asian sweatshops with some other brands.
I think to get around heavy shipping delays the club must be organising everything well, well in advance with O'Neills.
The problem with that is that it would be impossible to quickly have some guernseys made up for whatever reason (like special premiership guernseys if we won the premiership), or if a popular guernsey runs out of stock it could be like two months before it comes back in stock here. Would have loved to have Puma again because all their guernseys are made in Australia and they would not have this issue, should've never left them.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
All of O'Neills gear is made in Ireland. Thats quite good, far superior to getting gear from Asian sweatshops with some other brands.
I think to get around heavy shipping delays the club must be organising everything well, well in advance with O'Neills.
The problem with that is that it would be impossible to quickly have some guernseys made up for whatever reason (like special premiership guernseys if we won the premiership), or if a popular guernsey runs out of stock it could be like two months before it comes back in stock here. Would have loved to have Puma again because all their guernseys are made in Australia and they would not have this issue, should've never left them.
I was surprised a team like South Adelaide in the SANFL could get a Puma apparel deal and we went with O'Neills, but it might be a case of Puma already do Richmond and Carlton so didn't see the need.

I'm not entirely sure that it is made in Ireland. I've got the clash jumper and the tag simply says "Made in EU", while its certainly possible that it is made in Ireland, its also possible that it is made in an eastern European country with cheaper labour.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm not entirely sure that it is made in Ireland. I've got the clash jumper and the tag simply says "Made in EU", while its certainly possible that it is made in Ireland, its also possible that it is made in an eastern European country with cheaper labour.

"O'Neills is a 100% Irish owned company, employing over 800 people in Ireland with manufacturing plants in Strabane, Co. Tyrone and Walkinstown, Dublin."

I was surprised a team like South Adelaide in the SANFL could get a Puma apparel deal and we went with O'Neills, but it might be a case of Puma already do Richmond and Carlton so didn't see the need.

South Adelaide's deal with Puma is a teamwear deal and not a proper sponsorship deal like Carlton, Richmond and GWS have.
Puma doesn't directly sponsor South Adelaide. South Adelaide's apparel partner is actually TLA Merchandise, who have the licence to use the Puma brand being a teamwear licensee of Puma Australia. On a side note this TLA mob are also now in charge of Crowmania at West Lakes.

NB have started doing this teamwear thing now through Belgravia Sports Apparel, aka JS Sports. West Adelaide and St Kilda/Gold Coast are not directly partnered with New Balance - only the Demons (Melbourne, not Lockleys) actually are.

Last edited:
"O'Neills is a 100% Irish owned company, employing over 800 people in Ireland with manufacturing plants in Strabane, Co. Tyrone and Walkinstown, Dublin."
I understand that they do make stuff in Ireland, but there's nothing there to say that they don't also have factories in Bulgaria and Romania also making some of their stuff, if it was all made in Ireland, I'm sure they would have that there on their linkedin as well as on the label.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals

South Adelaide's deal with Puma is a teamwear deal and not a proper sponsorship deal like Carlton, Richmond and GWS have.
Puma doesn't directly sponsor South Adelaide. South Adelaide's apparel partner is actually TLA Merchandise, who have the licence to use the Puma brand being a teamwear licensee of Puma Australia. On a side note this TLA mob are also now in charge of Crowmania at West Lakes.

NB have started doing this teamwear thing now through Belgravia Sports Apparel, aka JS Sports. West Adelaide and St Kilda/Gold Coast are not directly partnered with New Balance - only the Demons (Melbourne, not Lockleys) actually are.

Centrals are also in with Belgravia/JS Sports using the NB brand

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I understand that they do make stuff in Ireland, but there's nothing there to say that they don't also have factories in Bulgaria and Romania also making some of their stuff, if it was all made in Ireland, I'm sure they would have that there on their linkedin as well as on the label.

Their NRL gear has Made in Ireland on the label, O'Neills didn't put Made in Ireland on the label for our stuff for whatever reason
1612860296049.png

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals

O’Neills only have factories in Ireland though

O’Neills only have factories in Ireland though
I'll take your word for it, strange that they wouldn't put that on the label though given that their whole thing seems to be about being an Irish brand, particularly when they put it on other gear shown above.

Back