News Crows hires: Rahilly (forwards coach), Godden (SANFL coach), Chris Sheedy (analyst)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prior to joining us he had 3 different jobs with 3 different companies in 3 years, none of which represented what I'd view as a clear promotion. When you're moving sidways that frequently something doesn't add up.

His only statistical qualification is 'Applied econometrics' but it doesn't actually list what level the qualification is at. Given he studied it from 2017-2017 it can't be a masters as the University of Melbournes Masters in Applied Econometrics is a 2 year degree full time.

He only has a single Endorsement for Data Analytics, 1 for R (Justin Reid, so wasn't gained prior to his employment at the AFC) and none for SQL... but 11 people vouched for him knowing excel!

We actually have someone with genuine data science qualifications:
I'm looking at getting into the field and have met Dean at a sports analytics meet-up. He seems pretty switched on, we are in good hands. From what I gather Binuk is more focused on strategy and list management, whereas Dean is responsible for the predictive models, data collection, data manipulation, reporting etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back