2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

No but do you think the speculation helped, come on to argue that we shouldn't make every attempt possible to sign up lever prior to the season is ridiculous. It will have an adverse affect whether 1% or 20%, we simply don't need it! to grab a flag you want or attempt to take anything that will affect the team go away. Speculation will run deep if he hasn't signed by the end of the H & A by the media.

It may or may not derail us a little but do you want the club to take that risk?

I'm not suggesting or arguing that we don't try and sign up Lever, show me where I did. YOU suggested that not signing Danger had an impact on our year. That's an emotional and bullshit statement, the Danger 'sideshow', had no bearing on how our season finished at all.

AFC getting all their ducks in a row, whatya reckon....;)

Sounding brilliant. I actually believe this one too. I was not so confident with Brad Crouch, but I think that was THE contract that needed to get done and happily it was. I was in two minds whether it was actually a good thing to offer JJ a 5 year deal. Hopefully that is front loaded. But as for Jake, I hope we can secure him on a long term contract. Still, no indication from that article as to whether this is going to be a long saga or if it will get sorted before the season starts. Have to wait for this CBA to be reached first I suppose. But a very good sign.

I'm not suggesting or arguing that we don't try and sign up Lever, show me where I did. YOU suggested that not signing Danger had an impact on our year. That's an emotional and bullshit statement, the Danger 'sideshow', had no bearing on how our season finished at all.

In general, I dont agree with that. I think when your best player is being talked about for the wrong reasons it does have an impact on the "project". The Danger saga was being played out publicly in the media and he was being openly courted to go back to Victoria. I think it would have an impact in the dressing room. However, in that particular case, I dont think it had any bearing on how our season finished because of what happened to Phil. I think that superseded everything else that may have affected our season. Its sad to even write this post, can't imagine what it was like then and there. I am surprised that what happened to Phil didn't change Danger's mind. I am not saying he should have because that sounds like I want us to benefit from the tragedy. But I am just trying to put myself in those shoes and I just can't imagine how you could walk out on the group with unfinished business.

In general, I dont agree with that. I think when your best player is being talked about for the wrong reasons it does have an impact on the "project". The Danger saga was being played out publicly in the media and he was being openly courted to go back to Victoria. I think it would have an impact in the dressing room. However, in that particular case, I dont think it had any bearing on how our season finished because of what happened to Phil. I think that superseded everything else that may have affected our season. Its sad to even write this post, can't imagine what it was like then and there. I am surprised that what happened to Phil didn't change Danger's mind. I am not saying he should have because that sounds like I want us to benefit from the tragedy. But I am just trying to put myself in those shoes and I just can't imagine how you could walk out on the group with unfinished business.

Danger had decided to go so there was nothing adelaide could have done but limit the talk but with the media pumped up that was a task that just couldn't be stopped, and yes it would have some influence regardless of how minor, but it was out of Adelaide's control, if Lever is signing offer him the cash negotiate a deal and get it put to bed, it sounding like it will happen but we better not count our chickens.

Danger had decided to go so there was nothing adelaide could have done but limit the talk but with the media pumped up that was a task that just couldn't be stopped, and yes it would have some influence regardless of how minor, but it was out of Adelaide's control, if Lever is signing offer him the cash negotiate a deal and get it put to bed, it sounding like it will happen but we better not count our chickens.

I agree. The sooner its put to bed the better.

I agree. The sooner its put to bed the better.

Nobody is arguing to deliberately delay contract extensions for the hilarity. The discussion was about the cost of it carrying through to the end of the season. In the case of Danger, given what else had occurred, it cost us nothing in terms of on field performance. Marty flippantly implied it to be a drama with consequences. And then, as he does, started arguing against a point that I hadn't actually made.

Nobody is arguing to deliberately delay contract extensions for the hilarity. The discussion was about the cost of it carrying through to the end of the season. In the case of Danger, given what else had occurred, it cost us nothing in terms of on field performance. Marty flippantly implied it to be a drama with consequences. And then, as he does, started arguing against a point that I hadn't actually made.

I said whether its 1% or 50% affect there is an affect on the team for the drama. If you dont think all players being hounded by the media on whether or not your best player is staying and it has absolutely no impact then your ignorant. Not only the all the players were getting questioned along with the coaching staff and admin staff, but all of these groups were reading the constant media hype and listening to it on both radio and TV.

The sooner these issues are put to bed the less impact whether it be huge or slight is all I said

but keep thinking it has absolutely zero impact thats your perogative

Reckon our midfield could seriously do some damage next year in the SANFL.

Tyson is a bull at the gate type player. Might be slow with average skills, but it's that type of mid that always seems to thrive at this level.

Add in Poholke, Siggy and Thommo even with Gallucci running along the outside and it's a lot to get excited about.

Tyson is a bull at the gate type player. Might be slow with average skills, but it's that type of mid that always seems to thrive at this level.

Add in Poholke, Siggy and Thommo even with Gallucci running along the outside and it's a lot to get excited about.

I think Thommo would be the dominant one, if he plays all year will probably take out the Magarey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think Lever's contract or even Brad Crouch's contract drama would have any effect. However, I do think in the case of Danger it was a distraction as it was taking focus away from our actual club in the media. Any discussion on the Crows would often lead with Danger leaving or include it to an extent. I think that was going to have an impact. But as I said, the loss of Phil made that issue a non-event in comparison.

I am really interested to see Greenwood take giant leaps this season. The first steps will need to be made in the SANFL. I hope to see some dominant midfield displays that lead to him being upgraded and force his way into our undefeated AFL side. :)

But it will be interesting, especially early. I have the impression that Siggy is perhaps not ready to have an impact. But I can't wait to watch him and all the other recruits play. I am really looking forward to seeing Jars play when he is ready. I hope he gets a game this season.

I said whether its 1% or 50% affect there is an affect on the team for the drama. If you dont think all players being hounded by the media on whether or not your best player is staying and it has absolutely no impact then your ignorant. Not only the all the players were getting questioned along with the coaching staff and admin staff, but all of these groups were reading the constant media hype and listening to it on both radio and TV.

The sooner these issues are put to bed the less impact whether it be huge or slight is all I said

but keep thinking it has absolutely zero impact thats your perogative
:( so sad now. We could have made a Grand Final if it wasn't for the distraction :(

I think Thommo would be the dominant one, if he plays all year will probably take out the Magarey
Not if the SANFL umpires have anything to do with it.

Thommo will average 40plus possies a game but either Kirkwood or Mitch Grigg will win it.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Not if the SANFL umpires have anything to do with it.

Thommo will average 40plus possies a game but either Kirkwood or Mitch Grigg will win it.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

The umps actually prefer the bigger stronger older types in the SANFL, it wouldnt be a bad bet placing some $$$$ on him, but then again he might end up playing a lot more AFL than some think!

The umps actually prefer the bigger stronger older types in the SANFL, it wouldnt be a bad bet placing some $$$$ on him, but then again he might end up playing a lot more AFL than some think!
The umpires show an even stronger preference to giving votes to non-AFL listed players.

I am really interested to see Greenwood take giant leaps this season. The first steps will need to be made in the SANFL. I hope to see some dominant midfield displays that lead to him being upgraded and force his way into our undefeated AFL side. :)

But it will be interesting, especially early. I have the impression that Siggy is perhaps not ready to have an impact. But I can't wait to watch him and all the other recruits play. I am really looking forward to seeing Jars play when he is ready. I hope he gets a game this season.

Yeah, there's just a bunch of very handy additions to a pretty decent midfield outfit already. Let's see if ROK can get them all functioning like an actual midfield unit now though. Still can't believe how outclassed we were by Marty Mattner's Sturt side, that was just abysmal to watch really. Midfield structures and running patterns need a huge shake up, and I really want to see it start down in the SANFL with ROK and the wealth of knowledge I assume/hope he has. I then hope this ultimately leads to Campo ****ing off once and for all.

And yeah players like Siggy I'm not expecting to have a huge impact, but he's one that seems to relish the contest, has clean hands and makes good decision. Those skills can actually go a long way in a league like the SANFL, despite Siggy not "killing it" so to speak.

Yeah, there's just a bunch of very handy additions to a pretty decent midfield outfit already. Let's see if ROK can get them all functioning like an actual midfield unit now though. Still can't believe how outclassed we were by Marty Mattner's Sturt side, that was just abysmal to watch really. Midfield structures and running patterns need a huge shake up, and I really want to see it start down in the SANFL with ROK and the wealth of knowledge I assume/hope he has. I then hope this ultimately leads to Campo ****ing off once and for all.

And yeah players like Siggy I'm not expecting to have a huge impact, but he's one that seems to relish the contest, has clean hands and makes good decision. Those skills can actually go a long way in a league like the SANFL, despite Siggy not "killing it" so to speak.

Yep. I wanna see how these boys go to. Cant happen fast enough. Siggy definitely the one who seems to be the unpolished diamond and I cant wait to see how he turns out.

Yep. I wanna see how these boys go to. Cant happen fast enough. Siggy definitely the one who seems to be the unpolished diamond and I cant wait to see how he turns out.

Its gonna be like CEY all over again. Project player picked up in the 60s that has some nice traits to him but needs a lot of work in other areas and is a good 2-3+ years away from getting anywhere near AFL standard. Let the raging debate of will he/won't he on this board begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back