2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

The defensive group is basically just top ups from the ammos. They needed protection from the midfield group but the tackle count shows the defensive urgency just wasn't there from our midfielders

Jarman will be a good replacement for Eddie in a few years by the looks. Much class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The defensive group is basically just top ups from the ammos. They needed protection from the midfield group but the tackle count shows the defensive urgency just wasn't there from our midfielders

Jarman will be a good replacement for Eddie in a few years by the looks. Much class.
Jarman is giving the impression that he will play up the field a fair bit more than Eddie.

Hopefully the positive out of all the injuries is it's finally showed the List Management team what I thought was a desperate need last draft for our list profile, we needed another small and tall defender on the list but we didn't grab any. More needs drafting and less wasting of list spots next season pease.

No wonder the Power struggles when they get a few injuries.

They have a clean sheet at the moment (Boak?) and their reserves are full of guys who ain't gonna make it or are past it.

White, Monfries, Eddy, Neade, Toumpas, Lobbe, Ah Chee and then they have the youngsters too early to make a call on.

So much deadwood, glad we have got ridden most of ours over the last few seasons.

We have no defenders we cannot play this style of game.

First time I've watched a full SANFL game this year.

Impressed me:
  • Greenwood could slot into our AFL side easily
  • Menzel's response after last week in the AFL. Was everywhere, 20+ disposals, 7 marks, 5 tackles, great effort.
  • Jarman really surprised me. Seems clean in tight and neat disposal. Should make it.
  • Gallucci was very solid, particularly in his breakaway pace and evasiveness. Decent disposal, needs to learn how to tackle effectively.
  • Himmelberg is athletic and looks like a great prospect.
  • Signorello's hands in close are elite
  • Beech is ready to slot in to our AFL side if we cop enough injuries
Didn't impress:
  • Scott Thompson. He's cooked. As slow as a bicycle up against Ferraris. He will cost us matches if he ever plays AFL again
  • Wigg's "elite" kick seems more mythical than reality from what I've seen in the JLT and SANFL
  • Signorello's kick needs to be reworked completely if he's ever going to play AFL
  • Dean Gore won't make it. Absolute plodder.
  • Defence of top ups was completely ineffective

No wonder the Power struggles when they get a few injuries.

They have a clean sheet at the moment (Boak?) and their reserves are full of guys who ain't gonna make it or are past it.

White, Monfries, Eddy, Neade, Toumpas, Lobbe, Ah Chee and then they have the youngsters too early to make a call on.

So much deadwood, glad we have got ridden most of ours over the last few seasons.

I'll tell you who's past it, Scott Thompson.
He can't even cope with this level. What the * were they thinking giving him a contract to play.
That little Johnny Boxer is better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back