conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I was hoping some of you who live in SA could give me an update on how some of our guys are going in the SANFL. I have seen some of the reports from games but was wondering if I could just get some general reports of how certain players are doing and whether or not you see them fitting into our side in the future.

IMO we've got five young guns in Reilly, Johncock, Hentschell, Jericho and Watts. We need a few of Krueger, Parker, Rutten, Bock etc to come good as well.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

Originally posted by McLeod23
IMO we've got five young guns in Reilly, Johncock, Hentschell, Jericho and Watts. We need a few of Krueger, Parker, Rutten, Bock etc to come good as well.

I think Schuback will be ok with some experience. There are plenty of things to like about him.

Sorry, I've got no SANFL player reports.

Well, nothing much has happened yet...

But Parker is quite solid at the moment. Although he is yet to set the world on fire, his form in 2003 shows that he can be a very good player. Expect him to do really well again this year, and hopefully be promoted off the Rookie List.

Watts is currently injured with Osteitis Pubis. He should be back playing SANFL shortly. However, his form in the pre - season shows us that he will be an absolute gun.

Bock and Rutten have been alright without being special. I see Rutten pushing up for selection if he does well in the following weeks. Despite having a lack of speed, he can take a good mark and can obviously play.

So far the only player that has shown some real 2004 ability is Luke Jericho, but I still believe he is too inexperienced to play for the Crows until later in the year.

Hope that gave you some indication, although I'm sure someone else on the board has plenty more information.

Originally posted by Bockchoy67
Parker is quite solid at the moment. Although he is yet to set the world on fire, his form in 2003 shows that he can be a very good player. Expect him to do really well again this year, and hopefully be promoted off the Rookie List.
I think that Parker is one of those players that takes a bit of time to get into form. He is not back to his 2003 form.

Watts has been struggling with OP but he is over it and will play for the Eagles shorty.

Krueger has a serious back problem and is yet to play footy. He is another 3 weeks away taking him to 12 weeks missed with bad back :(

Rutten had stress fructures in his foot and only got back last week. He played a half of footy for Westies reserves on the weekend and might get back to seniors this week. He will need some match fitness.

From the other rookies Tim Hazell has been fantastic. A real workhorse midfielder who gets plenty of the bal an duses it well.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
I think that Parker is one of those players that takes a bit of time to get into form. He is not back to his 2003 form.

Watts has been struggling with OP but he is over it and will play for the Eagles shorty.

Krueger has a serious back problem and is yet to play footy. He is another 3 weeks away taking him to 12 weeks missed with bad back :(

Rutten had stress fructures in his foot and only got back last week. He played a half of footy for Westies reserves on the weekend and might get back to seniors this week. He will need some match fitness.

From the other rookies Tim Hazell has been fantastic. A real workhorse midfielder who gets plenty of the bal an duses it well.

I knew I forgot something.

Tim Hazell, like Stiff said, has been really damaging around the midfield and gets plenty of the ball. Great to see, hopefully another recruit who is promoted off the Rookie List. If his great form continues, that is.

I would also like to mention that Bode and Doughty both got into the best players for their respective SANFL clubs. Both would definitely be pushing for selection against St. Kilda this weekend, in place of Goodwin.

Oh, and Stiff, how's Skippy going right now? Is he showing any good form?

Just wanted to know, considering he is now a member of the senior list.

Originally posted by Bockchoy67
Oh, and Stiff, how's Skippy going right now? Is he showing any good form?

Just wanted to know, considering he is now a member of the senior list.
I didn't watch the game last week but from all reports he was ordinary. Big week for the Eagles this week. Playing Centrals on Saturday means that everyone will have to stand tall if they are any chance against the Doggies.

I think Doggies will win easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back