2nds Crows in the SANFL Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell you who else looks the goods... Sam Mayes.

Have heard plenty of people mention him but this is the first time I've had a decent look. Brendan Goodard type. I rikee very much.

Also the "Willie" nickname is just too good to go without.

13-wesley-snipes-as-willie-mays-hayes.jpg

Also, is this Ryan Willitts first ever good game?

Gooooo Crouchy!

What a gun!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crouch and Laird are essentially our 1st and 2nd round picks for next year. We have another set of 1st and 2nd rounders in the 2012 draft to choose, bonus! Getting some serious young talent into our side now. Also have players like Kerridge, Brown, Grigg developing in the two's, very exciting times ahead. Need to push hard for a 3rd tall forward/KPP defender/small forward(Ben Kennedy) in this years draft.

Crouch what a game. Beautiful in traffic and wasn't he supposed to have poor disposal. The way he moves I was trying to think who he reminds of - then it clicked, the right footed version of Jordan Lewis.

I like the look of Laird too. Put abit of muscle on him and we could have ourselves quite a skillful, fearless, hard at it little back pocket player.

Thommo, Dangerfield, Sloane, Crouch and Lyons - we really do have some quality inside midfielders.

One thing I loved about Crouch's game is that he's one of those players who seems to have bucketloads of time and is composed with the ball in the vast majority of situations. Loves to go on a run too.

Waiting for numerous one-twos with Danger next season.

So where WOULD he have gone in this years draft??

If you look back at players who've had similar impact in SANFL previously and where they've gone, he'd have to be a certain top 5 pick. He's certainly proven himself to be at a similar level of ability to guys like Cooney, Gibbs, Griffen and Trengove at a similar point in their careers. Shame Toumpas didn't get to play out the year, would have been interesting to compare the two.

Mayes has also impressed, but I think he's probably closer to the Smith, Polec, Ebert and Monfries level of 5-15 range at this point, has shown himself to be a valuable contributor at league level, but not quite to the level of those who went in the top 4-5.

Not sure he will make it, think we should trade him for a KPD like Keplar Bradley, Quintin lynch or Lewis Roberts thompson... just doesnt look like an afl player

West lost the hitouts 59 to 22. Won the clearances 41 to 36 and triumphed by 21 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back