2nds Crows in the SANFL Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I can certainly see the benefits of him playing in a league like the SANFL, despite his competition mainly being grown men who he is already better than at age 18, I can also see the benefits of him not only learning our game plan and his role within it, but playing that role on the field in actual games.

I like the thought of getting these guys into a Crows guernsey as soon as possible and get them developing bonds with fellow teammates, as well as learning directly from our coaches and training to our gameplan. This is instead of developing split loyalties, playing in a guernsey other than our own and receiving heavy influences from coaches/players outside of our club. We worry so much about losing players to other sides and yet as soon as a young player is drafted, we ship them off to a foreign club to play their footy and develop. Personally I feel that reserves sides are great for the culture of a footy club and would go a long way towards ensuring we keep our young interstate players as right from word go, even if they're not playing in our seniors, they're playing for OUR football club and playing/bonding with OUR players.

Like Dangerfield's family, Brad's family are all quality, father teaches at Beaufort where he is very,very highly regarded by the local community..like Paddy reckon he'll be a lad with great loyalty to the club that gave him the opportunity. His younger brother goes alright too!!!
The stuff about his family is all well and good but the bolded part is just footy supporter nonsense. It's not like we plucked a random 26 year old from obscurity. We traded to get the chance to draft one of the highest rated young players in the country. 17 other clubs would've happily given him the opportunity.

Haven't watched much SANFL this year - Totally didn't realise it was on iview and will be sure to make use of that next year -

Crouch's goal was rather special - good signs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back