Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Sturt v Port at Norwood Oval Tonight 7:10 pm
I know, it's weird, a Sturt home game at the Parade. For the Double-Blues Tim McIntyre is named on a HFF, Brodie Martin and Sam Kerridge on each wing, Richard Tambling on a half back flank, Angus Graham is in the Ruck, Aiden Riley is named as a ruck rover and Rory Atkins is named on the bench. (who really needs a reserves side anyway? ;)) For the Magpies no Crows are named, but Graham Johncock will slot in somewhere.

Woodville-West Torrens v West Adelaide at Woodville Oval Tomorrow 2:10 pm and ABCTV

For the Hybrids Luke Thompson is named at CHB and Cameron Ellis-Yolmen is named on an extended interchange bench. For Westies Rory Laird is named on the wing. In the reserves Nick Joyce was named as the Eagles' centreman.

Glenelg v Norwood at Glenelg Oval Tomorrow 6:10 pm
For the Bays Jarryd Lyons is named in the centre. Tom Lynch is listed as out (Crows) but assuming he doesn't make the trip to Brisbane he should slot in as well. For the Legs Mitch Grigg is named on an extended interchange bench. In the reserves Tim Klaoesen is named on a HBF for the Bays.

Central v North at Elizabeth Oval Tomorrow 6:30 pm

The sole Crow lining up at Elizabeth will be Lewis Johnston who is named at CHF for the utensils.

Why did we draft Claude the Crow and then re-draft him?

I would like to think it was just a moment of Rendell madness but then to re-draft him?:confused:
Hard to understand why Rendell drafted him as had no runs on board only as claude and nice christian guy.
But even harder to understand why he was kept for 2 nd year .
Wonder if Tippett fiasco had something to do with it .
also would be on contact still as well I believe.

Hard to understand why Rendell drafted him as had no runs on board only as claude and nice christian guy.
But even harder to understand why he was kept for 2 nd year .
Wonder if Tippett fiasco had something to do with it .
also would be on contact still as well I believe.
We re-drafted him after having to dump him due to being forced to keep tippett on the list by the AFL.
Maybe the benefits to club morale were perceived to be higher than picking a different player?

Why did we draft Claude the Crow and then re-draft him?

I would like to think it was just a moment of Rendell madness but then to re-draft him?:confused:

We didn't really re-draft him. We just didn't (voluntarily) delist him yet. Which would have been a bit premature, since he was always a project player and has spent a fair bit of time injured.

We didn't really re-draft him. We just didn't (voluntarily) delist him yet. Which would have been a bit premature, since he was always a project player and has spent a fair bit of time injured.

He was plucked from nowhere and showed nothing in year 1. That is not a promising form line

So would Nick Dal Santo.

You can second guess drafts til the Cows come home. Shits me.
He could be our loose defender.

It's not really a relevant comparison though. There was a bit of hype about Murdoch before the draft. He's the type of player we are lacking whereas Joyce isn't.

Just losing bit of interest in how Crows players go in SANFL as does not seem to have a lot of impact at selection table and some players not on the radar unless major injuries occur.
Then of course not being able to trade and only very late picks in draft means have to be patient to see draftees in SANFL first, let alone have a impact.
And then Grigg and EOY seem only able to be listed in bench each week by their club although both did well in NAB for us .
Worst thing is of course we go through same crap next draft.

Just losing bit of interest in how Crows players go in SANFL as does not seem to have a lot of impact at selection table and some players not on the radar unless major injuries occur.
Then of course not being able to trade and only very late picks in draft means have to be patient to see draftees in SANFL first, let alone have a impact.
And then Grigg and EOY seem only able to be listed in bench each week by their club although both did well in NAB for us .
Worst thing is of course we go through same crap next draft.

I must say reading this post I feel very much the same way. I've looked out for, and seen, so many excellent , sustained SANFL performances which seem to count for nought.

Players such as Lyons, Johnston, Lynch, Tambling and Riley seem to dominate week in week out but get little chance. Despite what Grigg and CEY show they must be 2 years away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say reading this post I feel very much the same way. I've looked out for, and seen, so many excellent , sustained SANFL performances which seem to count for nought.

Players such as Lyons, Johnston, Lynch, Tambling and Riley seem to dominate week in week out but get little chance. Despite what Grigg and CEY show they must be 2 years away.

Agree... Which makes Joyce's re-selection even more mindboggling.. He isn't even tearing up the maggo's

Agree... Which makes Joyce's re-selection even more mindboggling.. He isn't even tearing up the maggo's
They had to reselect him as he had a contract and we only dumped him because of Kurt. We would have come across as dogs if we didn't.

My question is how do these kids feel every week out in the sanfl busting their guts for what? Only to be told no space but keep going I'm sure your time will come.

Grigg is playing super footy .....really liking what hes added to his game

Atkins is unspoken off ......gee people thin as a twig and in his first season is getting league time .....that's a super effort from a #81 draft pick who IS a lot better than that number suggests

Hope Lynch plays midfield again ......maybe, maybe a role there for him ....Kerridge will be hoping not

REALLY REALLY need Johnstone to standup .......the Crows desperately need a player of his type in the forward line ......all you got to do is play some hard nose footy!!!!!!

My question is how do these kids feel every week out in the sanfl busting their guts for what? Only to be told no space but keep going I'm sure your time will come.
Feel for the kids.

Don't give a s**t how the older guys feel. They should be burning it up every week. They've been picked on an AFL list ahead of every other footballer in the competition.

Grigg is playing super footy .....really liking what hes added to his game

Atkins is unspoken off ......gee people thin as a twig and in his first season is getting league time .....that's a super effort from a #81 draft pick who IS a lot better than that number suggests

Hope Lynch plays midfield again ......maybe, maybe a role there for him ....Kerridge will be hoping not

REALLY REALLY need Johnstone to standup .......the Crows desperately need a player of his type in the forward line ......all you got to do is play some hard nose footy!!!!!!

I've got a good feeling about Atkins. Can't explain why. Seems like a natural footballer. Would love to give him a taste this year against a GWS or Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back