2nds Crows in the SANFL Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon Stabby, you know that for every Brendan Goddard or Bryce Gibss there's is a Jack Watts or Scott Gumbleton. He said GUARANTEE. If he had said that there was a higher probability, I wouldn't have called him up on it. We as Adelaide supporters should know full well that you can get good players at any pick in the draft. The probability is definitely higher in the first 10 picks, but there is no guarantee.

Right, I see what you mean. Obviously there is no such thing as a guarantee - but the probability of success in the top ten is significantly higher than further out in the draft, even compared to early in the second round. That was the point CC was making.

Right, I see what you mean. Obviously there is no such thing as a guarantee - but the probability of success in the top ten is significantly higher than further out in the draft, even compared to early in the second round. That was the point CC was making.

I guess we all have to be careful how we word our posts... ;)

How far down the pecking order is this guy? Seems to put up the numbers every week but never gets a look in for the Crows.

FFS can Crows fans please realise who is on and what a rookie list means.
PS. McIntyre is a s**t version of Porplyzia. And thats a s**t version of the one when he was first on our list, not since we re drafted him

FWIW Not having a go at you in particular, rather the 30 posters each week that want Laird in their team

FFS can Crows fans please realise who is on and what a rookie list means.
PS. McIntyre is a s**t version of Porplyzia. And thats a s**t version of the one when he was first on our list, not since we re drafted him

FWIW Not having a go at you in particular, rather the 30 posters each week that want Laird in their team

This is a fairly common and annoying mistake. In the AFL a "rookie" does not mean a first year player.

This is a fairly common and annoying mistake. In the AFL a "rookie" does not mean a first year player.

Within a bees dick of starting a thread with who is on and what the rookie list means so that everyone can read and understand. Really starting to annoy me. True fans should know the differences

My bad. I only asked because I watched him kick a few goals in a game last year and assumed he was on our main list.

My bad. I only asked because I watched him kick a few goals in a game last year and assumed he was on our main list.

Don't worry too much about it mate. It's only a trivial thing, but something I think people need to familiarise themselves with. You won't be the last person to make the mistake. :)

That's a very big call, considering he's currently our 5th best midfielder - behind Thompson, Dangerfield, Sloane & Wright, but ahead of all the rest. There's a lot of sacrificial lambs going to the slaughter before VB gets dropped - Callinan, Vince, Porps, Reilly, Jaensch, Douglas just from today's team.

The players most at risk right now would appear to be Jaensch (gone when Smith returns), then Porps & Vince. I don't mind the idea of them being overtaken by one of the kids (be it Grigg, Lyons, Kerridge or someone else) - I'm just struggling to see it happening. Crouch replacing an established player (Johncock) was foreseeable - the kid has the most potential of any AFC recruit since McLeod, almost 20 years ago. The idea of one of the other kids doing likewise.. is more problematic.

Agree. It makes me think how there is the old saying about previous Australian cricket teams that it is "harder to get in the side rather than out"
I believe Collingwood are masters at playing the virtually "unknown " young players over the years and have had great results. Todays game is a an example.
If your in form you're in , if your not go back to the B'S! You never know unless you give e'm a go.

He's still a rookie. Needs an LTI or wait til round 12 to be considered, but even then, Rory Laird has to be the front runner for an upgrade.
No.. he's not. McIntyre was promoted to the senior list at the end of 2012, along with Callinan.

Laird is still on the rookie list, having missed out on the upgrade. He's competing with Hartigan for the mid-season upgrade (assuming we bother to use it). My guess is that Laird has moved well clear of Hartigan now that the real stuff has begun and the pre-season silliness surrounding Hartigan's hype seems to have dissipated.

My opinion doesnt mean much but laird aint ready for afl.
Let him play season in sanfl.

Elevate him next season to play on blokes like betts milne etc

Your opinion means as much as anyone else's here. The club obviously felt the same or he would've been upgrade in the off-season. Once B. Smith comes back, I don't think there'll be a spot for him anyhow. Another year in the SANFL will do him no harm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vader

Vince being moved aside for a Lyon or Kerridge isn't difficult to believe
I'm not averse to the idea of Vince being moved aside, if he can't play with any degree of consistency and/or application. His performance last night was clearly sub-standard.

So, assuming he gets dropped.. who replaces him? I think it's a fairly major stretch to suggest that it would be Lyon or Kerridge. The emergencies this week were Lynch, Johncock & McKernan. Martin was selected for R1 and missed out completely this week. Of those four players, all of whom are clearly ahead of Lyons & Kerridge in the pecking order, only McKernan can be safely eliminated as a "Vince replacement".

It's one thing for Vince to be dropped. It's entirely another for him to be replaced by Lyons or Kerridge.

No.. he's not. McIntyre was promoted to the senior list at the end of 2012, along with Callinan.

Laird is still on the rookie list, having missed out on the upgrade. He's competing with Hartigan for the mid-season upgrade (assuming we bother to use it). My guess is that Laird has moved well clear of Hartigan now that the real stuff has begun and the pre-season silliness surrounding Hartigan's hype seems to have dissipated.

Sorry Vader, but the AFC website disagrees with you...

http://www.afc.com.au/season/players/rookie

No he wasn't he is a rookie.

No, he wasn't. He's still a rookie.

http://www.afc.com.au/season/players/rookie

My apologies. :oops:

tumblr_md6t3sgOzg1r0sqdio1_500.gif

I think the confusion came because McIntyre was "upgraded" last year to play some footy. However, this expired at the end of the 2012 season and he was not re-upgraded at that point.

As for Vince's replacement (if he is indeed replaced), I actually wouldn't be that surprised if Kerridge is brought in. Strong SANFL form, and there isn't a "logical" replacement for him on our emergency list. Martin is always a choice, but if he's already been tried and dropped after half a game, perhaps they'd go for another fringe player who is posting good league form instead.

Certainly, if Vince goes and Martin doesn't come in, the options outside of Lyons and Kerridge are pretty slim. Grigg, perhaps, but you'd have to assume he's behind Lyons and Kerridge.

Within a bees dick of starting a thread with who is on and what the rookie list means so that everyone can read and understand. Really starting to annoy me. True fans should know the differences

and while you're at it, please forward a copy to Graham Cornes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back