2nds Crows in the SANFL Round 21

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the wraps on him when he was drafted was that he would be ready to go this season. This was supported by his pre-season form. Instead of giving him a few early games (e.g. Gold Coast round 1) we send him back to Sturt to learn a new game plan and play with a new group of guys. Is it surprising that he initially struggled a bit? He has arguably performed as well as Brad Crouch for West Adelaide before Brad was injured.

Compare this to some of the players drafted after Kerridge in the 2011 draft.him. Elliot Yeo, Brisbane (#30) - 6 games, Brad Hill, Hawthorn (#33) - 5 games, Jack Newnes, St Kilda (#37) - 5 games, Jordan Murdoch, Geelong (#48) - 4 games, Jackson Paine, Collingwood (#50) - 5 games and Lachie Neale, Fremantle (#58) - 11 games. Guess none of these teams are in premiership contention?

uh brad was injured in round 4. sturt had the bye 1st round. kerridge played 2 games. and if we want to compare

round 1:
crouch: 13 disposals 3 marks 2 tackles 5 clearances 4 inside 50's 1 rebound 50 1 behind
kerridge: n/a

round 2:
crouch: 24 disposals (west adelaide highest 2nd highest on ground) 3 marks 5 tackles 9 clearances 4 inside 50's 1 rebound 50 1 behind
kerridge: 16 disposals 2 marks 2 tackles 1 clearance 2 inside 50's

round 3:
crouch: 19 disposals 3 marks 4 tackles 4 clearances 4 inside 50's 1 rebound 50 1 behind
kerridge: 13 disposals 1 mark 3 tackles 0 clearances 1 inside 50 2 rebound 50's

then in round 4 sturt have another bye and crouch pulls a hammy. but idk if you worded that sentence wrong but crouch was streets ahead of kerridge just in round's 2 and 3, and i would bet good money to say the trend continues further down the line. crouch has been an absolute monster in the midfield. he's performed better that kerridge this entire season.

In another thread I provided stats on games not played by top 22 for each club (I asked you to do a statistical analysis on the data).

In a nutshell

1) Our games lost by top 22 players is below the average but higher than a number of other clubs

2) Games lost to injury is a poor indicator of the number of games played by KIDS for each club.

The definition of top 22 was by whoever wrote the "Medical Check" article on the AFL website.

Our games played by KIDS is the lowest in the AFL and less than 20% of the AFL average.
Outstanding answer to a question that wasn't asked. Any chance you could answer the question which cmndstab did actually pose?

I was happy with kerridge's preseason glimpses, but even most of that was as a sub and was hardly consistently performing. Not sure why so many felt he was good to go round 1.

Great to hear he has built up to good form for sturt over the last month our so. Really looking forward to him cleaning up his ball use and adding more grunt to the side next year.

Not sure where to post this but does drummond still post on here? Has he changed user names or something?

His profile didn't survive the transfer to the new forum software for some reason. Tried to get it fixed up but it never happened. Not sure if he's posting under another username at the moment. I do miss him though :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back