2nds Crows in the SANFL Semi Final Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Fine.

How about I just say ordinary SANFL defender then? He doesn't seem to have any real standout AFL qualities.

He may have just had a bad one. Players have them from time to time. From all reports, he's had a pretty decent year.

tippett's probably been the best full back in the competition. being taken to hospital after the game due to landing on his neck in the second quarter probably had something to do with his performance.

i've never seen pressure at sanfl level like i did yesterday. never. norwood came out and absolutely killed us. massacred us. every time we had the ball, there were 3-4 norwood players right there. couldn't do a thing with it. the few times we got a bit of space, we panicked, probably believing there was pressure there, and coughed it up. disposal in the backlines was shocking, we looked gobsmacked after norwood kicked 3 and that was all she wrote. didn't get a look in at all. incredible performance. absolutely incredible.

Yes it's personal opinion. He was very young when we rookied him last year and If he were born 2 days later he'd be in this years draft. I think he'd be pretty high in the order considering his performances against men, and in my view he's been better than some of the players rated in the top 10.
Fully agree. If he was 5-10cms taller he would be a top 5 pick this year. I think he could be an excellent replacement for Dogga. Brownie and him are both trying to get the spot and at this point Laird has performed alot better and has been far more consistant that Brown.

I didnt think tippets game was too bad yesterday. Used the ball okay. Didnt see much of him though.

You're right NFG I haven't watched much sanfl this year but the pressure was intense. Tackles seemed to ALWAYS stick and players could rarely get free. Thought Wests tacking was pretty good as well. It made standing out as a player hard.

Norths tackling was great too maybe we could learn something from these teams??

J.Tippett looks more of a natural AFL player than Kurt as well. Looks to have a pretty nice left foot on him.

Norwood's game plan didn't allow Crouch to play to his best I don't think. A lot of numbers around the ball and they were hot on everyone that got the ball.

Why couldn't his dad have played more games, sigh.

Aish's uncle played plenty, maybe we can convince Aish's uncle to sign an affidavit stating that HE is the father of young James. Might create a few family dramas, but would certainly benefit the Crows. ;)

Aish's uncle played plenty, maybe we can convince Aish's uncle to sign an affidavit stating that HE is the father of young James. Might create a few family dramas, but would certainly benefit the Crows. ;)

Adoption?

Hypothetical: would uncle Michael have played enough for young James to qualify if indeed Michael rather than Andrew was the father?

The SANFL window is closed. We can't access anyone under that rule anymore.

All sons of Crows from hereon in.
Bummer, for some reason I thought that as long as the father had played 200+ games for the Crows-affiliated SANFL club prior to 1990 (in this case James Aish's uncle had played well over 200 for norwood so it doesn't matter), it was ok? Guess I was wrong.

The father son rule is pretty f***ed for the Crows still anyway. Let's assume that the fathers of most draftees over the next few years are about 50 years old. As such they'd be born around about 1960. Makes it hard for them to rack up 100+ games (which would take about 5 years) for a Crows team which started in 1991. Really, if the system was fair, the SANFL window should be going till at least about 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bummer, for some reason I thought that as long as the father had played 200+ games for the Crows-affiliated SANFL club prior to 1990 (in this case James Aish's uncle had played well over 200 for norwood so it doesn't matter), it was ok? Guess I was wrong.

You were, I think though the window was only open for the 20 years after the Crows entered the competition? I.e finished in 2011? Vader?

Bummer, for some reason I thought that as long as the father had played 200+ games for the Crows-affiliated SANFL club prior to 1990 (in this case James Aish's uncle had played well over 200 for norwood so it doesn't matter), it was ok?

... I think though the window was only open for the 20 years after the Crows entered the competition? I.e finished in 2011? Vader?

If that's the case, why did we invite Darryl Smith's kids to the academy? The club was looking at it on the basis of Darryl's 200 SANFL games qualification for club/s aligned to us.

The "technicality" we were shafted on was that the games qualification was split between two clubs. So, the implication is that if his 200+ SANFL games were with the one club then his two boys would have qualified.

The window had been closed, but I think I heard somewhere it was opened again? Not sure. Perhaps we're just hoping the AFL won't notice this time :p

There really was no reason to close the window anyway. Since they put a limit on the years in which the fathers must have played their matches, there was a natural window anyway. Why artificially cap it further?

The window had been closed, but I think I heard somewhere it was opened again? Not sure. Perhaps we're just hoping the AFL won't notice this time :p

There really was no reason to close the window anyway. Since they put a limit on the years in which the fathers must have played their matches, there was a natural window anyway. Why artificially cap it further?
Never really got my head around that. The AFL says please have kids early I guess?

i've never seen pressure at sanfl level like i did yesterday. never. norwood came out and absolutely killed us. massacred us. every time we had the ball, there were 3-4 norwood players right there. couldn't do a thing with it. the few times we got a bit of space, we panicked, probably believing there was pressure there, and coughed it up. disposal in the backlines was shocking, we looked gobsmacked after norwood kicked 3 and that was all she wrote. didn't get a look in at all. incredible performance. absolutely incredible.

West did not get used to the wind. At all. From first siren to last siren, they just could not read the wind when kicking, and it cost them a whole mess of turnovers.

YOU REDS!!!!! :D

Sad I can't be there to watch though. I've been through so much misery over the years with North (I went to every single game in 2003 - we won one of them) so I hate missing out on awesome finals performances.

You make total sense - no job for you at V AFL headquarters ;) .

There is no time window placed on the old VFL teams and their Father/Son selections is there?

Nailed it there. It makes no sense really, it's difficult enough given that the fathers have to have 200+ games under their belt rather than the 100+ games for Victorian clubs, although I suppose we are drawing from 4 SANFL clubs rather than 1 VFL club. I suppose we can only hope that this situation doesn't arise, at least until we can actually get some young kids coming through who are the sons of Adelaide Crows players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back