News Crows indigenous round jumper v Gold Coast

Screenshot 2014-05-07 21.25.00.png

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looks pretty good, definitely a step up from a few of the other clubs versions. Although I did kind of like the simple approach we took last year to when we were one of a few clubs doing it.

Last edited:
Looks awesome

Crows champion Andrew McLeod’s bold jumper design honours indigenous community
445012-9ac64b4a-d5d0-11e3-b5be-ec06717bccf7.jpg

**** it, bring him back.

He would have made a killer sub in 2012.

Looks awesome

Crows champion Andrew McLeod’s bold jumper design honours indigenous community
445012-9ac64b4a-d5d0-11e3-b5be-ec06717bccf7.jpg

Link here to article: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...genous-community/story-fnia3xzy-1226909445092

“I thought it would be great to tell the Crows story through my eyes and let people know how our footy club brings the State’s communities together,’’ said McLeod, who runs the club’s indigenous programs in partnership with his wife Rachael.

“So I flipped around a few ideas and came up with this design, which not only tells a story but I think looks great too.

“It represents the club’s history and the connection it has with the people.’’

Apr 28, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, West Adelaide
That's a belter! Would buy.

Will this be available to buy?

From the article above:

A limited number of the jumpers — described by Crows midfielder Mitch Grigg as “awesome’’ — are available to the public at a cost of $130, with proceeds going to the club’s indigenous program.

Orders can be placed at the Crows shop in Regent Arcade, Crow Mania at West Lakes or via the club website (afc.com.au).

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...and-sa-community/story-fnia3xzy-1226909445092

I suspect some of you might not like it, but I think it's awesome.

IT is the Adelaide Football Club’s story through Andrew McLeod’s eyes.

It began with a series of sketches and ended with something that arguably the Crows’ greatest player says he is “incredibly proud’’ of.

To honour the club’s history and its link with SA communities, dual Adelaide premiership player and two-time Norm Smith Medallist McLeod has meticulously designed a striking guernsey the team will wear in AFL indigenous round next month.

The one-off jumper, to be worn against Gold Coast at Adelaide Oval on June 1, features:

A CROWS head joined with a map of SA communities who are linked with Adelaide and its indigenous programs, including the APY Lands, Ceduna, Port Lincoln, Port Augusta, Coober Pedy and others.

TWENTY-FOUR stars which represent the journey and number of seasons the Crows have been a part of the community.

EIGHTEEN Crows footprints which represent the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander players who have been listed by the club, headed by McLeod and Graham Johncock.

SEVEN boomerangs which signify warrior culture and the club’s values of strong, proud and resilient.

AN “R’’ which stands for the journey of Recognition, a campaign the club and AFL is supporting.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I'm not really enamoured with it - It's ok, but I prefer last season's indigenous round guernsey -

May wait until I see the whole strip before passing final judgement

First thought I went disgusting.
Slept on it and I don't mind it now.
Though, last years shits all over it (And anything we've done really)
Last years kit was sexy and I'd even push for changing our navy blue to black because it was that good.

Clearly looks amazing on the great man ;)
he could wear a burlap sack and look magnificent! :)

*please note - no racial overtones in the above post - merely trying to say that the magnificent great man is a magnificent great man

Back