Mod. Notice Crows Only threads - the poll (Poll for AFC supporters ONLY)

Should 'Crows Only' threads remain an option?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm personally against it.
You've seen in the other thread what a dogs breakfast it is. It became flooded by opposition supporters talking s**t. When it is such an emotive subject you are going to get a reaction.

It's fine to say report and then ignore but the thread went past that, it became unreadable. Compare that thread to the original Danger thread. Sure there was nonsense in it, but it was our nonsense on our board.

I voted no. Footy is a community irrelevant of who you support. I am part of another tiny footy forum where we pretty much all go for different teams but have a true connection to footy. We have travelled from different states to catch up. It is amazing. You lose that....what is the point?

You've seen in the other thread what a dogs breakfast it is. It became flooded by opposition supporters talking s**t. When it is such an emotive subject you are going to get a reaction.

It's fine to say report and then ignore but the thread went past that, it became unreadable. Compare that thread to the original Danger thread. Sure there was nonsense in it, but it was our nonsense on our board.
You're entitled to your opinion and to your vote. I'm entitled to mine.

I expect more from you guys than you feel you are capable of? Ah well. So would walshy.

You're entitled to your opinion and to your vote. I'm entitled to mine.

I expect more from you guys than you feel you are capable of? Ah well. So would walshy.
I know you've got s**t on the liver but that last line was pretty crap.

I largely stayed away from that thread because I found it unreadable. It was my choice not read pages and pages of drivel. I was capable of making a choice and I did.

But if you like threads like that by all means keep it open and enjoy your mod duties, you better put in for overtime.

I voted yes, mainly because it has only been used for sensitive topics and seems to have worked well. We got to discuss at the time potentially losing our best player and what it would mean for the club without being flooded with stupid one sided trade scenarios and people dropping even more rumours.

I don't think it's being insular, there are plenty of places to discuss topics with other supporters and if more people did venture to other general boards to post (I'll be honest, I rarely do) the whole community would benefit.

Last edited:
Don't like board only threads. Never been a big fan of them.

Then again don't like opposition supporters only posting to troll nor 'locals' responding to opposition supporters as if they are trolling, even when they post what 90% of 'locals' would agree with.

Then again that's why we have mods

... and why they get paid the big bucks. :)

In my experience unless you bend over and agree with other supporters, you won't be made to feel welcome on any other boards. They'll say they're more accepting because they don't have restricted threads, but they'll happily torch you when you leave and wave their hands around about how outrageous we all are.

As long as we have places for other supporters to talk, it's not an issue. The choice to come to a thread where you know you won't be hounded for having a bit of bias is sort of nice.

I voted no.

I enjoy opposition discussion when it's respectful of our board, its members, our players, and the club, even on club-sensitive issues.

I think we should replace the 'Crows Only' option in favor of threads that are strictly moderated. The Dangerfield thread is a good example of a thread where we should (and have) welcomed respectful discussion.

The obvious downside to this is that we need to be on our toes, both for reporting posts and not inciting trolls, because sensitive issues can attract more than our fair share of bad opposition posters.
Agree with this.

Replace "Crows Only" with "Zero Tolerance" threads & Mods can then thread/board ban posters who play up as they have been pre-warned. Doesn't ruin it for all opposition supporters.

Also, Crows supporters need to get better at reporting problem posts rather than getting into massive fights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see the issue with having that option available?

We've had 1 thread, maybe 2 all year that have been Crows only. It's not like it's every 2nd thread. And only use it for the highly sensitive issues. It may get wheeled out once or twice a year tops anyway

Don't like board only threads. Never been a big fan of them.

Then again don't like opposition supporters only posting to troll nor 'locals' responding to opposition supporters as if they are trolling, even when they post what 90% of 'locals' would agree with.

Then again that's why we have mods

... and why they get paid the big bucks. :)
There is definitely a comment in there somewhere tbat if made truth could have a profound impact...

There is definitely a comment in there somewhere tbat if made truth could have a profound impact...
Something about peanuts? :)

Nah only kidding. :D

That thread only became shite when some Adelaide supporters kept quoting and responding to the rubbish from some of the opposition supporters. If they'd ignored them it would have been fine.

I voted no. I like seeing the opinions of others. Trolling and derailing occurs anyway. Far too many posters are too sensitive and so easily baited IMO. Derailing occurs when posters insist of having the last word. In the end the pluses out weigh the minuses. Just ignore or report the trolls and the problem becomes manageable.

Back