Toast Crows partner with China Southern Airlines, "the biggest air carrier in Asia"

Remove this Banner Ad

There really is no point arguing with Janus and co.
5AB9rSX.gif

There really is no point arguing with Janus and co.

They are like Scientologists in their worship of the Kult of Kochie and KT. They scurry about trying to shut down any "False Truths" by posting their version of facts and the promised riches that will come to them, when in reality they just look desperate in doing so.

Have spoken to a few more switched on Port supporters about China and they can see the promise of riches are not guaranteed and getting real money from a sponsor now is more important in such a volitile results driven industry.
You have to wonder if all that rhetoric about needing to develop long-term relationships with the Chinese before doing business with them is posted out of insecurity due to the lack of reward they've gotten so far. I suppose it's made worse by the fact that we were able to secure a pretty strong Chinese sponsor with much less effort and distraction for our football team.

That's not correct Sanders. Two very different people.

Lockhart Road was instrumental in our Anzac Day activities and remembrance of Peter Chant. He is based in Hong Kong.

Andrew Hunter is usually a very switched on bloke. Not sure about that tweet though, seems at odds with the dealings I've had with him in the past.

I am interested as to why any club would allow any member of staff to tweet their own negative opinion about another club. Also statements like that can end up reflecting very badly on Ports own China interests if the Chinese find out.

I've worked in the past with a Melbourne based AFL Club that has had China Southern as a sponsor. It's not all rosy. They're a bit of a nuisance to deal with. Painfully slow to deal with as most approvals have to go through the Chinese Government. Most of their organisation doesn't speak english, so you have to employ someone who speaks Mandarin. Constantly left in the dark about their intentions when it comes time to re-sign etc. Their 'contract' often includes large portions of free flights instead of cash. Looks good on paper, but those free flights usually have lots of conditions attached to them which make them hard to use, and often worthless.

Still, their money is good. It just takes a bit more work to get it than a regular sponsor.

I've worked in the past with a Melbourne based AFL Club that has had China Southern as a sponsor. It's not all rosy. They're a bit of a nuisance to deal with. Painfully slow to deal with as most approvals have to go through the Chinese Government. Most of their organisation doesn't speak english, so you have to employ someone who speaks Mandarin. Constantly left in the dark about their intentions when it comes time to re-sign etc. Their 'contract' often includes large portions of free flights instead of cash. Looks good on paper, but those free flights usually have lots of conditions attached to them which make them hard to use, and often worthless.

Still, their money is good. It just takes a bit more work to get it than a regular sponsor.

Just as well we don't have to fly anywhere ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll find out if this is happening when they start having prizes for members which are free flights. What else would we use flights to China for as a club? Or do we have a travel agency as part of the club?

We wouldn't .
I think this is about being the preferred carrier for the Chinese coming to Australia, Adelaide in particular given Chapmans role at the airport

Another option is 'play golf in China with Mods' or 'walk the great wall with Roo'

Yeah. So in other words the club becomes a glorified travel agency. That would not be a very good sponsorship in my opinion.

I can see why CSA would chose the crows to sponsor. We offer them great exposure and they are trying to get their Adelaide route to be known. But flights as payment is next to useless to a football club and I would be very surprised if it was part of the deal. But I am also very naive in these dealings and more far sighted people like janus might be able to see the value.

I hope they do this. I can eat an entire peking duck..... or 3.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you've ever had Peking duck in Beijing, it's a totally different thing to the stuff here. Not saying it's no good here, hell it's even different to other places in China.

How's all that Chinese money going your way?

Fantastic news for the PAFC. But I would be wary of anything with Andrew Hunters name attached for the short future. Otherwise this could be interpreted as scraps left by the AFC ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back