Toast Crows partner with China Southern Airlines, "the biggest air carrier in Asia"

Remove this Banner Ad

'This puts Greaton on the same level as our other Premium Partners such as RAA, Cathay Pacific and BankSA'

RAA announcement No money mentioned

As part of the partnership, RAA will be Port Adelaide’s official Member Partner enabling both organisations to work together to further enhance the overall experience for members.

These initiatives range from providing RAA Members with special offers to Port Adelaide games whilst RAA will be providing exclusive upgrade opportunities and rewards to members on game-days at Adelaide Oval.

BankSA announcement No money mentioned

Greaton announcement no money mentioned.

Gotta love this commercial confidentiality that allows clubs to hide/misinform members of the details. I am glad the AFC are also mindful of the commercial confidentiality and don't rush to mention figures going into the club. Not like any club to mention a ' 7 figure deal' and expect a partner to be upset.

WOW! an "undisclosed 1-year deal" this truly sounds game changing enough you should post it on all other clubs boards.
I'm struggling to read this as my eyesight is crap and that photo is poor, but isn't it an adelaide business owned by a chinese born guy... and they list it in the article as validation of their china strategy? That's a bit of a stretch and to my chinese born australian friends a bit insulting that even though you're an aussie, live here, run a l;ocal business, to the advertiser (I presume) you're still classified as china... rather insulting and racist in my opinion. But I'd like to actually read the article in full.

'This puts Greaton on the same level as our other Premium Partners such as RAA, Cathay Pacific and BankSA'

RAA announcement No money mentioned

As part of the partnership, RAA will be Port Adelaide’s official Member Partner enabling both organisations to work together to further enhance the overall experience for members.

These initiatives range from providing RAA Members with special offers to Port Adelaide games whilst RAA will be providing exclusive upgrade opportunities and rewards to members on game-days at Adelaide Oval.

BankSA announcement No money mentioned

Greaton announcement no money mentioned.

Gotta love this commercial confidentiality that allows clubs to hide/misinform members of the details. I am glad the AFC are also mindful of the commercial confidentiality and don't rush to mention figures going into the club. Not like any club to mention a ' 7 figure deal' and expect a partner to be upset.

According to Rucci the 5aa partnership is worth $100k which is the same level. It's probably not a whole lot more than a premium corporate box at 11 home games.

How's all that Chinese money going your way?

Holy puffy puff puffity fish!!

phoaaaarrr!!!! An undisclosed 1 year deal. Simply astounding. Obviously sooo much better than the 2 year undisclosed deal Crows have with the Asia's largest airline. Because.

FMD if you're going to use an alias at least get the trolling right you puff puffity puff puff flog.

Let's not forget that Cathay is not even a Chinese airline, it's British. CSA however is a Chinese airline.
it's a bit disingenuous to state that Cathay only fly to two places in China. They are an international airline and one of the best in the world. Flying domestically into China is not what they do.

I'm struggling to read this as my eyesight is crap and that photo is poor, but isn't it an adelaide business owned by a chinese born guy... and they list it in the article as validation of their china strategy? That's a bit of a stretch and to my chinese born australian friends a bit insulting that even though you're an aussie, live here, run a l;ocal business, to the advertiser (I presume) you're still classified as china... rather insulting and racist in my opinion. But I'd like to actually read the article in full.
KT took a s**t and only needed 3 wipes instead of the standard 4 in another example of how the China strategy is working

Holy puffy puff puffity fish!!

phoaaaarrr!!!! An undisclosed 1 year deal. Simply astounding. Obviously sooo much better than the 2 year undisclosed deal Crows have with the Asia's largest airline. Because.

FMD if you're going to use an alias at least get the trolling right you puff puffity puff puff flog.
Building inner city apartments. About as stable a business model as owning your own ATM.

LOL. Why must you make me fight the Power's side on this?
They own a wholly owned subsidiary that does all the flying to china. Which flies under the same headline banner and tickets are bought through the same website.
Cathay Dargon is an international airline based in Hong Kong and is pretty small. It doesnt fly domestic into China. They own a 20% share in Air China.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cathay Dargon is an international airline based in Hong Kong and is pretty small. It doesnt fly domestic into China. They own a 20% share in Air China.
ok. Thanks for the clarification. I thought dragonair flew domestically.

EDIT: I'm terming anything from HK to china as domestic. it is one China right? Or do they consider this as an international flight?

The dollar amounts never seem to be included in these Port announcements, like when they booked the MCG to announce Renault as their major sponsor and then a few months later we find out its only half a sponsor, I think they just like announcing things.

Wouldn't surprise me if half the sponsors on the partners page of their website are just suppliers they negotiated a good deal with.

It's not disingenuous, it's a fact.

dc71bd9a6224de7a0bce92357e7bdc4e.png

Hong Kong, Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Guilin, Haikou, Hangzhou, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Sanya, Shanghai, Wenzhou, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xian, Zhengzhou = two destinations in China.

All places serviced by Cathay Dragon.

Plus, Cathay has code sharing arrangements with Air China.

Hong Kong, Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Guilin, Haikou, Hangzhou, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Sanya, Shanghai, Wenzhou, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xian, Zhengzhou = two destinations in China.

That's Cathay Dragon, not Cathay Pacific who you are sponsored by. Cathay Dragon is to Cathay Pacific what Jetstar is to Qantas.

I'm just happy to see more direct flights to Adelaide by both of our sponsors. I hope that Adelaide becomes more popular. For me in Singapore I have only one choice for direct flights to Adelaide and that is Singapore airlines, Qantas don't even fly direct from Singapore to Adelaide any more.

I'm just happy to see more direct flights to Adelaide by both of our sponsors. I hope that Adelaide becomes more popular. For me in Singapore I have only one choice for direct flights to Adelaide and that is Singapore airlines, Qantas don't even fly direct from Singapore to Adelaide any more.

Why would you complain about SQ? They are one of the best airlines in the world, and far better than Qantas.

Since the advent of code sharing and airline alliances like OneWorld and Star Alliance, all airlines went to a hub and spoke system to avoid duplicating routes that weren't profitable.

Adelaide to Hong Kong is more about Cathay's world leading cargo business than anything else.

So an Adelaide based company decides to buy a corporate bix for the season and they dress it up as part of the "China Strategy" because the owner if said company is of Chinese descent.

Tom Cruise would be proud.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why would you complain about SQ? They are one of the best airlines in the world, and far better than Qantas.

Since the advent of code sharing and airline alliances like OneWorld and Star Alliance, all airlines went to a hub and spoke system to avoid duplicating routes that weren't profitable.

Adelaide to Hong Kong is more about Cathay's world leading cargo business than anything else.
SQ is great, I'd fly with them every time all things being equal. The issue is they are much more expensive than others normally.

Looking at your list it's an Australian airline as well.

Looking at your list it's an Australian airline as well.

You talking about flying into Cairns? Of course Cathay Pacific flies into all major capital cities in Australia.

4734a37b7b5c4178355de47baa355d71.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back