Analysis Crows Player Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

1691225700262.png
1691225524391.png
Pure Class Ratio: Harry Schoenberg (0.22)
Quantity Over Quality: Brodie Smith (0.06)

Congratulations James Borlase on his pending player of the year award?

1691836638135.png
1691836728966.png

Pure Class Ratio: Ben Keays (0.33)
Quantity Over Quality: James Borlase (-0.12)

Tex, Laird and Sloane all near the bottom. Lower than the sub. Embarrassing.
I'm surprised Walker is so low. But I suppose he only scored two goals and one was an uncontested possession in the goal square, he probably got close to zero credit for that goal.

1692451067813.png
1692451116972.png

Pure Class Ratio: James Borlase (0.30)
Quantity Over Quality: Riley Thilthorpe (-0.34)

Thilthorpe takes the coveted "Worst game of the year" title from Taylor Walker (who also has the top 3 best games) by some margin.

1693057795864.png
1693057734166.png

Pure Class Ratio: Josh Worrell (0.32)
Quantity Over Quality: Luke Pedlar (0.02)

Congratulations to player of the year Jordan Dawson.

Taylor Walker also produced the top 4 individual games of the year. And was pipped by Riley Thilthorpe in round 23 for worst game of the year.

View attachment 1786658
View attachment 1786657

Pure Class Ratio: Josh Worrell (0.32)
Quantity Over Quality: Luke Pedlar (0.02)

Congratulations to player of the year Jordan Dawson.

Taylor Walker also produced the top 4 individual games of the year. And was pipped by Riley Thilthorpe in round 23 for worst game of the year.
Thanks for doing these each week, It gives a different perspective of what players are doing in games.

Thanks for doing these each week, It gives a different perspective of what players are doing in games.
It's really not much of an effort. I was just annoyed that the player ratings disappeared.

They're back on the AFL site now in the custom stats part, but don't show up until a while after the game.

It's really not much of an effort. I was just annoyed that the player ratings disappeared.

They're back on the AFL site now in the custom stats part, but don't show up until a while after the game.
Yea, there was that guy on Twitter doing the ratings that stopped doing it, so it's nice to see this on BF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1710595461041.png

Pure Class Ratio: Luke Pedlar (0.36)
Quantity Over Quality: Brodie Smith (-0.02)

I wasn't going to do this again this year. But it took all the effort of changing 2023 to 2024 in one variable.

Notable this week: Pedlar did a lot with very little. And even if you exclude the two howlers (which I think would put him around ~-7) Smith had a very ineffective game

View attachment 1930117

I wasn't going to do this again this year. But it took all the effort of changing 2023 to 2024 in one variable.

Notable this week: Pedlar did a lot with very little. And even if you exclude the two howlers (which I think would put him around ~-7) Smith had a very ineffective game

Not surprised that Gold Coast's entire midfield was 4 of the top 5 players on the ground

View attachment 1930117

HTF do these work?

Thanks for the ratings, I think they are interesting.
But I didn't see Laird with much effect on the game, even with his 30 touches and 2 points

HTF do these work?
The ratings themselves? They are the Player Ratings that the AFL Player Ratings twitter account used to provide before it shut down. You can still pull them out of the data feed and/or find them buried on the AFL website after the match.

The ratios are just AFL Fantasy Points divided by the Player Rating. A high ratio means the player was very damaging even if they didn't touch the ball much. A low one is players who had little (or negative) impact even if they got a lot of the ball.

The ratings themselves? They are the Player Ratings that the AFL Player Ratings twitter account used to provide before it shut down. You can still pull them out of the data feed and/or find them buried on the AFL website after the match.

The ratios are just AFL Fantasy Points divided by the Player Rating. A high ratio means the player was very damaging even if they didn't touch the ball much. A low one is players who had little (or negative) impact even if they got a lot of the ball.
So a player with 1 stat was rated higher than 4 others

View attachment 1930117

Fog the best tall forward in the match.

1711120145822.png
Pure Class Ratio: Izak Rankine (0.28)
Quantity Over Quality: Chris Burgess (0.02)

Season Summary

1711120193481.png

BONUS STATISTICS

According to the @AFLXScore Twitter account

Darcys Fogarty's final quarter miss was actually the third worst shot of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back