Crows - Power - Tigers trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
I posted this in the Holland to Melbourne thread but thought I'd post it here in more detail.

to Adelaide: Brendon Lade, Adam Morgan/Damon White
to Port Adelaide: Ben Holland, Pick 7
to Richmond: Ian Perrie, Nathan Bassett

Lade - out of contract, deserves more than the Power could justify paying him considering they already have Brogan and Primus. Can take marks around the ground which the Crows need in their ruckmen

Morgan/White - Morgan first but I'm not sure whether he wants to go home or wants to go somewhere to get a regular game. Otherwise White can play forward or back and is only 19 I think. Crows need a younger key defender who is ready to play next year. Both these two are ready now

Holland - Richmond want to trade him. He or Cornes can play back for the Power and the other forward. I'm just not sure if he's too old for what the Power need, but there aren't a lot of very good young defenders.

Perrie - Will struggle to find a spot in the Crows lineup if Stevens and Carey stay sound next year. Will allow Richmond to trade Richardson, Holland and maybe Ottens by ensuring there is still something up forward

Bassett - Appears out of favour with Gary Ayres, would be good backup for Gaspar and could release A Kellaway forward

I think all clubs win but let me know what you think

Originally posted by Russian
Fiora - Will probably be delisted anyway. Comes from Port. It's worth giving him a go for a year and see if he can live up to early expectations

Where on earth did u get this from? They have already delisted 5 players, surely they cant get rid of any more.

Re: Re: Crows - Power - Tigers trade

Originally posted by Borgsta
Where on earth did u get this from? They have already delisted 5 players, surely they cant get rid of any more.

Port Adelaide finished 4th and delisted 5 players, surely the team who finishes 12th can delist 8-10 if they're not performing. The reason I said it is he had few opportunities this year and Coughlan, Campbell, Johnson, Rodan is the Richmond midfield nowadays.

The trade probably still works without Fiora anyway

Perrie/Bassett for pick 7/Holland/Fiora would be closer to the mark.

Port being involved in that trade is superfluous.

Even then I still think Richmond get screwed.

Re: Re: Re: Crows - Power - Tigers trade

Port Adelaide finished 4th and delisted 5 players, surely the team who finishes 12th can delist 8-10 if they're not performing. The reason I said it is he had few opportunities this year and Coughlan, Campbell, Johnson, Rodan is the Richmond midfield nowadays.

The trade probably still works without Fiora anyway

Fiora has been re-signed.

Perrie was being built as the next key forward for Adelaide before Carey arrived, doubt they'd want to give up on him now with the King only playing one more season.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Crows - Power - Tigers trade

Originally posted by Anja_Nees
Fiora has been re-signed.

OK that means he can't be delisted, it doesn't mean he can't be traded

Originally posted by Port01
Port being involved in that trade is superfluous.

Even then I still think Richmond get screwed.

How so? Port get their key defender (or someone to cover Cornes who becomes a key defender) and the Crows get the mobile ruckman they need.

Are you saying Richmond get screwed because Perrie and Bassett are no good or some other reason?

Originally posted by Robelosis
Perrie was being built as the next key forward for Adelaide before Carey arrived, doubt they'd want to give up on him now with the King only playing one more season.

I'd prefer to put faith in 20-year-olds Rutten, Parker and Hentschel than 24-year-old Perrie. The Crows have an old list and the youngsters I feel are more important.

to Adelaide: Brendon Lade, Adam Morgan/Damon White
to Port Adelaide: Ben Holland, Pick 7, Aaron Fiora
to Richmond: Ian Perrie, Nathan Bassett

Holland - Richmond don't want him. He or Cornes can play back for the Power and the other forward. I'm just not sure if he's too old for what the Power need, but there aren't a lot of very good young defenders.

Fiora - Will probably be delisted anyway. Comes from Port. It's worth giving him a go for a year and see if he can live up to early expectations

I think all clubs win but let me know what you think

We lose our first pick plus Holland and Fiora for two average plodders at best :eek: . Ah.........NO thanks! Fiora has resigned for 2 years and Holland is going because although he very useful as a CHB before he did his knee he isn't worth the $400K he is on and so will free up our salary cap further.

I'm Form vic so i'm not exactly sure about adelaides needs, but this trade sounds like the biggest crock of **** with richmond just getting screwed.

Also Russian you have no idea about Fiora or Richmond for thatmatter so stay away from it.

Apparently Fiora is better than I thought. I've taken him out of the trade, see how that goes.

Take Rich pick 7 out and you maybe onto something, I can't see Rich trading pick 7 (+ a player) for 2 avg. crows players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Tigerbob
Btw its pick 6...

And you want pick 6 plus Holland plus Fiora for too average at best footballers?

No thanks....

Good attempt though.

Good attempt???? biggest losers Rich, biggest winners PA how is that a good attempt?

Originally posted by feher
Take Rich pick 7 out and you maybe onto something, I can't see Rich trading pick 7 (+ a player) for 2 avg. crows players.

Just a question: Would Mark Stevens, Kris Massie, Andrew Crowell, Ben Marsh, Rhett Biglands, Matthew Clarke or Brent Reilly be tempting to any Tigers supporters?

Trading Bassett would be madness. It would upset Adelaide's defensive balance. Particularly when all we're getting in return is a short term ruckman, and an unproven player.

And for Tiger fans who reckon Bassett is an "average plodder", take another look at the Adelaide v Richmond game in round 14 where he destroyed you guys.

Originally posted by DaveW
And for Tiger fans who reckon Bassett is an "average plodder", take another look at the Adelaide v Richmond game in round 14 where he destroyed you guys.

don't know if you are refferring to me or not but;

1) i am not a tigers supporter just stating that they get screwed big time
2)so basset was dropped during the season why? oh and one good game during the season makes him better then avg does it?

Originally posted by feher
2)so basset was dropped during the season why? oh and one good game during the season makes him better then avg does it?
"One good game"? How much football do you watch?

His dropping was a strange decision, rumoured to be for disciplinary reasons.

WTF!?!?

I think we would be just about favourites there... TO LOSE!

There is no way Lade will be traded. #6 + Holland for 2 average Crow players.. thats just wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back