Crows press conference 3:30PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

My favorite bit was when Burton explained how they got good things out of Collective Minds.

He then uses doing the "present stance" in front of 3 Million people at the AFL grand final as his example.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It just gets worse.

As if the stance wasnt laughable enough, we now find out it wasnt even the players idea but instead a product of a corporate consultant? Thats humiliating!!!!

It beggars belief that a professional sporting club would entrust their players to a 'mind training' company that have no clinical psychiatrists or psychologists, no empirical data to support anything they do and are basically run via sheer quackery.

I mean its run by a dude who has no qualifications outside of an MBA and the fact he ran around Burning man, or did hallucinogens in the Amazon.

Like; the dude in your HR department has actual psychology qualifications (likely a tertiary degree). They're figuring out personality types and so forth. The Army have actual psychologists and actual psychiatrists, interviewing you, and doing psych profiles and so forth. Actual proffesionals who know what they are doing.

This 'company' are putting people on a bus in the outback, making them beat drums and brainwashing them. It barely qualifies as pseudo-science. In fact it doesnt even go that far.

Its akin to replacing your medical team with holistic faith healers waving crystals all over them, or instead of having actual certified and credible sports science people, you have some shonky idiot making them all drink tiger penis, bovine colostrum, vitamin B blends and thymoisin beta fou..

Oh wait.

My favorite bit was when Burton explained how they got good things out of Collective Minds.

He then uses doing the "present stance" in front of 3 Million people at the AFL grand final as his example.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nothing screams “team” like standing a metre apart

It beggars belief that a professional sporting club would entrust their players to a 'mind training' company that have no clinical psychiatrists or psychologists, no empirical data to support anything they do and are basically run via sheer quackery.

I mean its run by a dude who has no qualifications outside of an MBA and the fact he ran around Burning man, or did hallucinogens in the Amazon.

Like; the dude in your HR department has actual psychology qualifications (likely a tertiary degree). They're figuring out personality types and so forth. The Army have actual psychologists and actual psychiatrists, interviewing you, and doing psych profiles and so forth. Actual proffesionals who know what they are doing.

This 'company' are putting people on a bus in the outback, making them beat drums and brainwashing them. It barely qualifies as pseudo-science. In fact it doesnt even go that far.

Its akin to replacing your medical team with holistic faith healers waving crystals all over them, or instead of having actual certified and credible sports science people, you have some shonky idiot making them all drink tiger penis, bovine colostrum, vitamin B blends and thymoisin beta fou..

Oh wait.

Exclusive footage of Adelaide's new medical team in action...

So both Dermie and Johnson can’t understand why Adelaide have said anything

Neroli then fainted with horror after Dermie mentioned what they did to Johnny platten on a camp and Johnno said all sorts of stuff happen on camp

Basically Adelaide have folded to public pressure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So both Dermie and Johnson can’t understand why Adelaide have said anything

Neroli then fainted with horror after Dermie mentioned what they did to Johnny platten on a camp and Johnno said all sorts of stuff happen on camp

Basically Adelaide have folded to public pressure

Agree with Dermie and Johnson - it's not anything many clubs would have done, both this year, and in the past. No clue why it would be discussed in public, let alone as a press conference in round 14.

How can a club implode like this in the space of 9 months. Seriously you couldn’t do this if you tried. Unbelievable.

We tried hard a few weeks ago. The Lyon stuff, Brad Hill stuff, Yarran suicide... was a tough couple of weeks.

This Adelaide stuff however makes Lyon and the drama of our club seem like a parking ticket v a full on train wreck.

The camp just seems like macho nonsense. Richmond is not perfect but when Hardwick recognized the need to change, he did things like being more open to the players, encouraging players to have coffee with a teammate they'd never talked to much before, open up about their private lives if they wanted to. It's how the players found out Brandon Ellis grew up in public housing flats, not because he was forced to in some bizarre military psychology training exercise, but because the club treated the players like adults and encouraged them to open up about themselves. It drew the players together more. People talk about millenials being soft but the camp shenanigans just seem dumb and I doubt any generation would get much out of them. I know that seems like softy feely crap but everyone wants to enjoy the club and their mates and I doubt collective minds was doing that.

This press conference raised more questions than it answered. One question which is yet to be answered is how an off-field setup which is capable of bringing a side to a grand final can misread its own players so badly. Who's the "guru" they started to listen to who promised them that they'd definitely win the premiership next year if they did all this army stuff? Or was this an insight that came from within the club itself? Please sack that person before they make another boneheaded move regarding player welfare.

Army stuff??? That bullshit does not go on in the Army mate.

And it's clear that Burton was the one pushing CM.

Last edited:

Oh wait.

And yet half of the average footy fans on here will cry out that it's just 'players are soft' and they need to go on these ridiculous camps to 'toughen up'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back