Votes: 4 1.7%
  • ...Eclipse

Votes: 11 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HA

Btw folks Brad Crouch doesn’t have OP, you’re only using 5% of your brain, and the camp was wonderful.
HA

Before going off in your half cocked manner, which granted you may find a bit of a stretch, you may want to try an actually re-read my post with some objectivity, especially the last line.
Perhaps if you did this you could understand the point I’m making. The standard of journalism, is atrocious that is all.

I am far from a rainbows and fairies and everything’s fine kinda bloke, but neither have I lost my objectivity that much that I cannot evaluate the accusations and how they are reported without questioning the motives behind the accusations and the standard of said reporting.

Few more allegedly true details seeping out from Barrett tonight. Names Hampton, Jacobs and of course Betts again. Counselling required after camp. Club supplied CM with a list of personal issues to "attack" players on.

Regardless of what's being put out there, the fact is we've brought this on ourselves. We've responded so poorly in the media, that the smell of more hidden info won't go away.

Burton's performance in the presser was a red rag to the media and they won't stop hounding for the rest of the season.
Personal issues?

Or just weaknesses or areas for improvement and development to focus on?

We do that here it’s quite normal.

This most probably explains why some players are dirty with the club.

What on earth was the club thinking supplying them with personal emotional "pressure points"?

Scrap that it's Burton so anything dumb and ridiculous is very much possible.

They wouldn't have supplied anything that CM didn't as for. You'd think that question would pique a bit of an interest and possibly a couple of questions being thrown around internally. We saw how well Burton handled himself when asked some pretty obvious questions about his area of responsibility that would be earning him $250k+. But he's perfectly comfortable with the players personal points of possible weakness being used to trigger a response. I'd say the guy is a fair way to along the sociopath spectrum, assuming there are degrees. If you're brilliant at what you do, it's probably not much of an issue, but when you're as incompetent as Burton, you're going to be a culture killer.

Last edited:
We have, since March when the story first broke, had ample opportunity to respond.

The issue remains that we have started from a position of "nothing to see here" and ended with the position that the camp was "a fail".

The most incompetent journalist on the planet can see that, between those two positions, lies a story to be drawn out - and that's exactly what they're doing.

Add to this we started a war with Croc anyway, and you have a perfect storm. Give them reason to not like you personally and then give them a reason to chase you professionally.

Let's not forget that this all started with 'journos' being backgrounded from inside the camp. The usual apologists will choose to believe it was a single weak player or a family member talking well out of school. That's the only way they can reconcile their rainbows and lollipops view of our league leading footy dept that's full of only the best and brightest. Truth is nobody knows how many players were pissed off and off those how many leaked.

Saw Mackay in a presser a couple of years ago and he's actually quite brilliant at it. I posted about it at the time. He's s**t at AFL level footy though.
He can replace Shutts then!

Everything gets blown up by the media though, good and bad.

This camp wouldn't nearly have gotten as much air time if everything else went right this year. We all know things are bad, we all know people should be held more accountable than they have been, but nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems.

We are an easy target because for whatever reason we never choose to fight back. The media can launch into us because we don't have a Kennett or a Maguire loading up both barrels and firing back.

So whilst it is hard for us to believe the club, I would still choose to believe them more than the Barretts, Maclures etc of the Hutchy World Order. That's not to say they aren't telling elements of truth mind you

I think the club might be learning what happens when your head is so far up your own arse that you're not prepared to admit to minor errors if asked about them. Especially when it's abundantly clear there's been an internal leak and denying the issues won't make the leak(s) suddenly disappear.

Eye fluttering healer? Burton's just scheduled his tv to record Sunday Night.

No injuries for us next year!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think the club might be learning what happens when your head is so far up your own arse that you're not prepared to admit to minor errors if asked about them. Especially when it's abundantly clear there's been an internal leak and denying the issues won't make the leak(s) suddenly disappear.
100%

Of course things have been covered up. This whole season has been one massive cover up after another and they all stem back to the incompetence of Burton.

Brad Crouch doesn't have OP even though he clearly did
Lying about players doing hamstrings like Knight or claiming that players felt soreness, but scans were supposedly "clear", but then the players don't play for a month without explanation.
Lying about Collective Minds and the camp etc

The club has spent the better part of the year trying to water down one Burton failure after another.

He's Roo's mate and once the house of cards started tumbling I suspect that Roo has tried to keep things in house in an attempt to keep the heat off him.

I have never once heard Burton take any personal responsibility for any of the mistakes that have happened and whenever mistakes are discussed he tries to palm the blame onto "the coaching group" or "the fitness staff", seems very clear to me that the MO from the club is deflect blame back to a collective rather than the actual person responsible.

Brad Crouch openly defying the club's lying about the nature of his injury adds an interesting aside to this debacle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly Caro says she was speaking to someone senior at the AFL today about us, thoughts are because we are so closed door with the media when they get their opportunity they really go their hardest.

Well, if you're going to run that gauntlet, best not make major utensil ups and then try and sweep it under the rug by lying.

I have never once heard Burton take any personal responsibility for any of the mistakes that have happened and whenever mistakes are discussed he tries to palm the blame onto "the coaching group" or "the fitness staff", seems very clear to me that the MO from the club is deflect blame back to a collective rather than the actual person responsible.
That's one of the bigger things that bugs me. He's the head of the freaking football department and all he does is try to deflect blame on to other people. "Oh, we make decisions as a group" FFS dude, have some guts, part of your job is to take responsibility for things that go wrong, even if you didn't do them or they weren't your ideas. You are ultimately responsible for everyone that works in the football department, so if they * up then you have to take the hit.

That's one of the bigger things that bugs me. He's the head of the freaking football department and all he does is try to deflect blame on to other people. "Oh, we make decisions as a group" FFS dude, have some guts, part of your job is to take responsibility for things that go wrong, even if you didn't do them or they weren't your ideas. You are ultimately responsible for everyone that works in the football department, so if they **** up then you have to take the hit.
Especially when it’s his fitness a and mind program that has destroyed our season

Especially when it’s his fitness a and mind program that has destroyed our season
giphy.gif

Interestingly Caro says she was speaking to someone senior at the AFL today about us, thoughts are because we are so closed door with the media when they get their opportunity they really go their hardest.

So don't give them an opportunity. See ya Burton.

Well, if you're going to run that gauntlet, best not make major utensil ups and then try and sweep it under the rug by lying.
I've actually tried to think of what advantage are we trying to get by being a closed shop to the media these days ?!!

It's time to change our policy and just be open book , I wasn't fussed before but I'm now sure it's the way to go ( within reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back