Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you are right, its probably more of Rowe's bullshit than anything concrete.

Rowie (along with McDermott) is one of the most naive media identities going around.

Now he's backing down at a million miles and hour saying its a 1 in 100 chance.

Frankly - I reckon hes just trying to get callers and some interest in the show.

And your right, a million a year and what he reckons they are offering for a 29 year old with 3 years left is well over the odds.

Seems like way too much. If it was Pav-quality midfielder, I'd be all over it, but Walker, Tippett, Hendo, Davis etc are ample KPFs going forward.

IF it's true, I would not give that up for Pav. Too much salary and too much at the trade table. Gives us no decent draft picks to draft any youngsters this year AND Pav will be 29. Not worth it in my opinion.

If they are offering $800k already then going to $1mill really aint that much different. Plus i think other AFL clubs can pay players a marketing fee now too like the GC are, this would help with salary cap problems.
AFL clubs could always offer marketing fees to players that are outside the salary cap but the money for the marketing fee has a cap on it as well. Considering that a lot of our marketing fee would have been burnt up in Tippett negotiations, I am not sure there is much to go there.

Quite frankly, the "undisclosed" player bit is the deal breaker for me. If its someone of significant value (obvious choice being Knights via Melb club) then its way too much. If its someone of lesser value then I woudl sign off on it.

The problem is though that we reportedly have $500K to spend so for us to be offering $800K it would mean that we are prepared to part with a pretty good player who would be making $300K. To up that offer for another $200K would be fairly significant.

To me its all about who the undisclosed player might be. Personally, for me thats a deal breaker.

IF it's true, I would not give that up for Pav. Too much salary and too much at the trade table. Gives us no decent draft picks to draft any youngsters this year AND Pav will be 29. Not worth it in my opinion.
We don't need any more youngsters...we need quality experience.

With the GC in the picture the draft is already pretty diluted and when you consider that if you promote a player from the rookie list, you can "write it off" as a draft pick so you do not have to have a minimum of 3 draft picks in the National Draft as per previous years.

That's what it takes to snare a franchise player.

Judd was worth pick 3, 20 and Kennedy (who was not rated at the time). The eagles were getting done on this deal.
Two pretty average draft picks, a player who wants to leave and an unknown sound ok to me. 2010 is not the year to be using the draft - it's trade year,

Adelaide surely are aiming for a premiership next year with the team they have - Bulldogs and Cats are on the decline.
Pav is an absolute gun. He has shown no injury worries.

Adelaide i'm sure are trying to move heaven and earth for this to happen

So the Crows would pay Pavlich, one of the superstars of the comp, 300K a season? Seems a bargain.

Also, it would be Fremantle of old to trade Matthew Pavlich for Travis Cloke.

Edit: Whole nother page in between refreshes....also 800K a season is too much. I read it as 800K total. /facepalm

Judd was worth pick 3, 20 and Kennedy (who was not rated at the time). The eagles were getting done on this deal.
Two pretty average draft picks, a player who wants to leave and an unknown sound ok to me. 2010 is not the year to be using the draft - it's trade year,

Adelaide surely are aiming for a premiership next year with the team they have - Bulldogs and Cats are on the decline.

Kennedy wasn't rated at the time?! Dude he was a top 5 pick IIRC just a year or 2 earlier. He had a couple of injury riddled years but he has always been rated pretty highly.

Apparently there is a mega deal in place involving Adelaide, Collingwood, Fremantle and C Knights, J Fraser, L Davis & R Palmer & draft picks but I think it means Knights & Palmer to Collingwood, Fraser to Adelaide, Davis to Fremantle.
J Griffin & Schammer might be linked up as well

Massive difference there sorry buddy. Judd was young 23/24 and entering his prime whilst Pav is on the fringe of his prime and is at a stage where injuries could strike him down at any moment. What happens if he does a knee in 2011? Then thats basically it. We will never get his worth. If we got a 23 or 24 year old superstar for that price then at least he would be able to recover and get back to his best.

Massive difference there sorry buddy. Judd was young 23/24 and entering his prime whilst Pav is on the fringe of his prime and is at a stage where injuries could strike him down at any moment. What happens if he does a knee in 2011? Then thats basically it. We will never get his worth. If we got a 23 or 24 year old superstar for that price then at least he would be able to recover and get back to his best.
If Pavlich was 23-24 then you would not get within a bull's roar of getting him with that offer.

Average 1st round pick (14), a second round pick, a player with virtually no value (Griffin) is bugger all to pay. As I said, it all depends who the undisclosed player is.

I tend to agree with most of this. Pav could be the difference between a flag and a also-ran. The risk is worth it I say.

We have alot of good kids coming through and we may still have a 1st rounder in the draft (for Rendell to work his magic) if Knights leaves which is looking more likely.

People are worried about Tex getting pushed out the team but I think having Pav with us could be the best thing for him. both are similar size and Pav would be the perfect mentor for Tex. Show him the work rate required to dominate and a great opponent to learn off at training. Tex was also a midfielder as a youngster before his growth spurt, so he could even try to emulate Pav by moving into there over time.

Apparently there is a mega deal in place involving Adelaide, Collingwood, Fremantle and C Knights, J Fraser, L Davis & R Palmer & draft picks but I think it means Knights & Palmer to Collingwood, Fraser to Adelaide, Davis to Fremantle.
J Griffin & Schammer might be linked up as well

Firstly where did you hear this?

Now Knights for Fraser would never happen.

I would think it would be more like

Fraser, Davis = Freo

Palmer = Crows

Knights = Pies

Davis and fraser wont hold too much currency anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the young forwards, and I'd love Pav to mentor them. Perfect guy to pull them aside when the yips are on. I reckon if it's true that he wants to leave Perth we will make this happen.

I'm not sure Adelaide has $1m in the war chest, even assuming that Knights joins Bock in the exit line. $800k is probably all they have to play with from Bock & Knights.

This would mean having to trade yet another player to free up the cash - Griffin isn't going to be enough to make up the difference. So, who will become the first non-voluntary trade in the Neil Craig era?

The latest Steven Rowe rumour is that Pav is interested in returning.....

He reckons:

1) Gold Coast have offered him $1.1M per year over 3 years.
2) Collingwood have offered him $900K per year.
3) The Crows have offered him $800K per year over 3 years.
4) His preferred destination is Adelaide, but wants them to cough up another $200K per year.
5) Crows and Freo agreed to Crows first 2 picks, griffen, and another undisclosed player.

Take it as you like, but he also reckons Alistair Clarkson either met with Port in Melbourne today or is on a plane to Adelaide as we speak. So it looks like its his typical star-gazing.

Someone please tell me how they could possibly have that much room in their cap. I dont beleive it

So we've already lost Bock, McLeod, Goodwin, Edwards, Burton, Hentshel if you add Knights and Griffin to that...... there's wads of cash flowing there! obviously some of it would be used in keep some of our star youngsters but I'd say we'd have at least 1M left over

I agree. Pav will be 29 at the start of next year, and having to pay $1M plus our first two draft picks is not worth it. As mentioned Judd was 22/23, if Pav was this age of course we would.

Just looking at the precedence of teams paying big for players recently i.e. Fev to Brisbane has caused huge salary cap issues.

I would rather use the extra money to sign up our youngsters such as Mackay, Dangerfield, Walker, Davis, Sloane and Otten who are future stars that will demand higher wages in the near future.

Also if we traded for J.Fraser I'd be amazed... Palmer + a good draft pick for Knights (in a round abouts way) would be ok but it would have to be a pretty good draft pick.

OK, back onto trades that might actually happen:

Blue Jacobs South Australia bound?
CARLTON may have a tough task hanging onto promising ruckman Sam Jacobs who is open to the idea of a return to his home state of South Australia.

Jacobs, who is out of contract with the Blues, played arguably the best match of his young career in his side’s elimination final loss to the Sydney Swans last Sunday.

[Manager Craig Vozzo told afl.com.au] "He’s happy at Carlton but he’s a South Australian lad ... if an opportunity presents, you know, he hasn’t ruled that out.”

Both the Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide are likely to look at bolstering their big-man departments ahead of 2011.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102166/default.aspx

Would be a handy trade and could be packaged up in a deal with Knights (provided of course Jacobs comes with another player). You would think he'd certainly be our first or second ruckman, particulary with he keeps improving on his 44 hitout game on the weekend.

OK, back onto trades that might actually happen:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102166/default.aspx
Would be a handy trade and could be packaged up in a deal with Knights (provided of course Jacobs comes with another player). You would think he'd certainly be our first or second ruckman, particulary with he keeps improving on his 44 hitout game on the weekend.
well if we are targetting a ruckman, Jacobs sounds a lot better than Fraser.

i know Pav is an amazing player, but seriously, is he worth $1M a year??? if he gets paid that much, how much are Judd or Ablett valued at, $1.3-$1.5M/year?

If Jacobs could play like that consistently, you'd snap him up in an instant

Tall, good body size. Relatively cheap. Just what we need.

Could be a really good option. Would be a better ruck combination than we have now, and would give us a GENUINE ruck option to go with Maric, not a Sellar, or McKernan who just aren't tall enough

Not keen on Pav, way too much money, our first two draft picks, less opportunities for youngsters, for what? Three years of service? The boat has sailed, maybe a few years ago. Craig wants an experienced forward, well for once let them play together for a couple of seasons and then they will be experienced, just because you cant develop them Neil.

And please not Fraser, hes as crap as they come.

Palmer maybe
and hell no to Shammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back