Votes: 4 1.7%
  • ...Eclipse

Votes: 11 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't care less.

If you can't read body language and tone of voice that's your issue, but he effectively threw Burton under the bus that he deserves

If you like to ignore stupid, embarrassing comments in favour of body language, it seems like that's more your problem than mine. I really hope our playing group are body language experts. Could explain his blank stare at them during the Melbourne game.

P.S. If what you're saying is true it's yet another example of Pyke failing to take ownership over an issue. Not that Burton did either. Doing that would require leadership; something that doesn't exist at the club.

To refer to yourself as a 'mental skills expert/coach' is the same as saying that 'I'm a psychoanalyst'. It essentially says nothing of your background and the terminology is not protected. All psychiatrists are psychoanalysts, but not all psychoanalysts are psychiatrists. You'll never meet a psychiatrist who introduces themselves as a psychoanalyst, nor a psychologist who says they practice psychotherapy.

That's what you get for doing business with 2 new-age 'mental skills experts'.
It's like we hired Tobias from Arrested Development who was able to combine his skills as an analyst and a therapist...

If you like to ignore stupid, embarrassing comments in favour of body language, it seems like that's more your problem than mine. I really hope our playing group are body language experts. Could explain his blank stare at them during the Melbourne game.

P.S. If what you're saying is true it's yet another example of Pyke failing to take ownership over an issue. Not that Burton did either. Doing that would require leadership; something that doesn't exist at the club.
Did you miss the bit when Don says he won’t apologise for trying new things? And neither he bloody should. And he wasn’t scared to walk away from them when it wasn’t meeting expectations.

Did you miss the bit when Don says he won’t apologise for trying new things? And neither he bloody should. And he wasn’t scared to walk away from them when it wasn’t meeting expectations.
Well yeah he should. By trying new things he’s helped * our season up. Or if you are going to try new things, how about making sure the guys know what the * they are doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pyke: "Well Gibbs is really happy because he has a chance to play finals this year, whereas last year he didn't, so different strokes for different folks!" No, Don. Success is not a matter of 'different strokes for different folks' you ******* moron.

Pyke was terrible. It just happens that he was standing next to the earth's greatest dumpster fire in Burton, so looked better by comparison. Anyone happy with Pyke's performance, you've got the club you deserve. Total train wreck.

i get the impression the only way Pyke would have impress you is if Burton was Sacked.

Well yeah he should. By trying new things he’s helped **** our season up. Or if you are going to try new things, how about making sure the guys know what the **** they are doing.
What's the deal with fire power petrol pills? Several lost coins including Craig. Who was behind that?

Brereton thinks that unless someone is put in hospital then there's not much in anything and things don't deserve suspensions. A lot has changed in the 20+ years since he last played.

Yep I agree a lot has changed. Trying to win a flag has become increasing ly difficult. The players and sport in general has become more professional and players earn anywhere between $400k and $1 Million a year so the demands and expectations have also increased. After listening to the interview the two issues that concern me are ...our lack of understand of the aboriginal culture (we still need to learn a s**t load more and the lack of senior management taking responsibility for their actions.....in this case Burton.

Will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season because I dont believe that Burton will lose his job during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back