Toast Crows steal Troy Menzel, play Andy Otten instead, delist him

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly! A week later I still feel cutting him now is a waste. Didn't we give him a three year deal?
I was surprised. His passion seems very good and he always looks like he gives his all when I've seen him. I actually felt this with Tambling. Never felt he wasn't AFL standard when I watched him. Just felt like he was always judged as number 1 pick standard and falling anywhere short of that meant he was no good. Anyway too late now unfortunately.

What is this, the third or fourth season in a row where Port have won the offseason premiership?

Thank goodness they're rubbish at drafting or all of these free agents might amount to something.
They've officially gone all in. It's now or never.

Thread title is golden btw. He really never did break in.

Andy Otten. Great guy. But I do feel we are often too procedural at the expense of being instinctual.

I wonder what Malcolm would've done.

For mine Menzel as an x factor player with forward pressure should've come in for McGov. Not 18 wheeler Andy. Similar height does not equal similar impact all the time.

Did Menzel not have another year to roll on his contract?

Typical reply all you got... the difference in them two gf's is that port didn't even deserve to get there and a loss was expected all be it not that large but the pride of were red hot favourites and got there pants pulled down and spanked ... so seriously who's an idiot?
You.

You are the idiot.

Thanks for playing.

Menzel flopped. Game over.
I wonder if he completely lost it at his exit meeting.

"WTF? Gov the second fastest, highest leaping mofo in the side goes down so you play a dude with arse fibres in both knees who turns slower than Noah's ark and jumps lower than a stoned flea carrying a sack of s**t??? **** this s**t Ima go bang Abbey's sister again."

I wonder if he completely lost it at his exit meeting.

"WTF? Gov the second fastest, highest leaping mofo in the side goes down so you play a dude with arse fibres in both knees who turns slower than Noah's ark and jumps lower than a stoned flea carrying a sack of s**t??? **** this s**t Ima go bang Abbey's sister again."

Who is abbey?

I think the Crows board are showing intent on being ruthless and making a statement to the current squad "perform or you'll be shown the door!" The theme of the delistings seem to be if not making it as a regular in the AFL squad after 3 or more years, then we need to move on, irrespective of "potential" ability.

With this being said, if Menzel nominates for the draft, I hope we pick him up as a late-pick. Particularly if Cameron leaves, Menzel is still a handy substitute.

I think the Crows board are showing intent on being ruthless and making a statement to the current squad "perform or you'll be shown the door!" The theme of the delistings seem to be if not making it as a regular in the AFL squad after 3 or more years, then we need to move on, irrespective of "potential" ability.

With this being said, if Menzel nominates for the draft, I hope we pick him up as a late-pick. Particularly if Cameron leaves, Menzel is still a handy substitute.
Players who get delisted are automatically included in the draft pool.

Who is abbey?
images

Crows AFLW Abbey Holmes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is this, the third or fourth season in a row where Port have won the offseason premiership?

Thank goodness they're rubbish at drafting or all of these free agents might amount to something.

4 in a row by my calculations

2015 Paddy Ryder hypothetical premiership
2016 Charlie Dixon hypothetical premiership
2017 Ryder and Monfries return from suspension premiership
2018 Rocky, Motlop and Watts hypothetical premiership

Thread title is golden btw. He really never did break in.

Andy Otten. Great guy. But I do feel we are often too procedural at the expense of being instinctual.

I wonder what Malcolm would've done.

For mine Menzel as an x factor player with forward pressure should've come in for McGov. Not 18 wheeler Andy. Similar height does not equal similar impact all the time.

Did Menzel not have another year to roll on his contract?

Selecting OTTO was incredibly stupid. Sadly, they will do it again given similar circumstances. They don't learn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back