Crows Support Group - Do We Still Have An Active One?

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought there was two and a bit of a power struggle

I might be remembering it wrong

I think there were a couple of attempts to usurp the CSG to try and gentify the group.

One was the Bay 142 club, which from memory was around the late 2000’s. I think this was quite an informal gathering that never really got off the ground.

The next one was The Pride (or something along those lines) that tried to form something on the hill when we moved to Adelaide Oval. At the time, the Western Bulldogs had effectively sacked their cheer squad because they were doing SFA, and this group was formed with similar intentions (there was some debate as to whether the club was involved in setting these guys up to gauge support - with a view to replace the CSG if they were successful). I think in the end, a few from this group ended up in the CSG and The Pride fizzled out. This also coincided with some of the larger flags and what not going into the CSG.

This also coincided with the club being successful (2015-17 era), meaning their presence was always going to be louder and more visible (ala Melbourne/Bulldogs today).

I think there were a couple of attempts to usurp the CSG to try and gentify the group.

One was the Bay 142 club, which from memory was around the late 2000’s. I think this was quite an informal gathering that never really got off the ground.

The next one was The Pride (or something along those lines) that tried to form something on the hill when we moved to Adelaide Oval. At the time, the Western Bulldogs had effectively sacked their cheer squad because they were doing SFA, and this group was formed with similar intentions (there was some debate as to whether the club was involved in setting these guys up to gauge support - with a view to replace the CSG if they were successful). I think in the end, a few from this group ended up in the CSG and The Pride fizzled out. This also coincided with some of the larger flags and what not going into the CSG.

This also coincided with the club being successful (2015-17 era), meaning their presence was always going to be louder and more visible (ala Melbourne/Bulldogs today).
I think The Pride are still a thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back