Crows Support Group - Do We Still Have An Active One?

CrowMike

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Following/ seeing the amazing work by the Dees/ Bulldogs and even PA supporter groups this finals series got me wondering what happened to our supporter group? A bit of looking and it’s Twitter account hasn’t been active since late 2017! Just seems such a vital group has gone to dust, could help explain the zero game day atmosphere 🤷🏼‍♂️

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Following/ seeing the amazing work by the Dees/ Bulldogs and even PA supporter groups this finals series got me wondering what happened to our supporter group? A bit of looking and it’s Twitter account hasn’t been active since late 2017! Just seems such a vital group has gone to dust, could help explain the zero game day atmosphere 🤷🏼‍♂️
Maybe we need to organise another song rehearsal night.

CrowMike

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Zero gameday atmosphere?
We've drowned out sirens.
Most recently Rd 10 2021.
Happy to discuss that later. But from a supporter group angle, look at the supporter group socials of the Dees, Dogs or Lions, so much engagement and activity.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
manufactured games day atmosphere is cringe as *.

There's a reason everyone mocks port for never tear us apart and it isn't jealousy.

real games day atmosphere comes from having genuine supporters and that doesn't need organisation.

When we can (a) actually get decent numbers at the footy again and (b) aren't a bottom four side, this will take care of itself.

So probably not until 2026.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals

Their Facebook account is very active, and the group is as active as they can be given the current environment.

Also, there's more to a supporter group than a Twitter page. You're more than welcome to check them out if you think what they're doing isn't up to your standards.

Plus, Melbourne, Bulldogs and Port are current top 4 teams. Of course their supporter bases are going to be a bit louder and active.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Wouldn't the Crowject mob be the closest we have to a supporter's group?

They're really active and widely followed.

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
They have an active Facebook page.
...and a website:

I know the Supporter's Group / cheer squad has copped some criticism here in the past, for being a bit of a cliquey social club and not making enough noise at games etc etc. At one stage there was a group of BigFooty supporters on the fence somewhere else at the ground? I don't know, I guess it'd be nice to have a cheer squad as big and loud as some others, but 90% of the gameday atmosphere / noise doesn't come from the cheer squad.

manufactured games day atmosphere is cringe as fu**.

There's a reason everyone mocks port for never tear us apart and it isn't jealousy.
True. On the other hand, there's this...

They are active. They do lots of different things (bbqs, sportsman’s night etc, sponsor players). And most importantly, they pay their own money to travel to games AND lug the banner and flags with them. You could never question their loyalty. They hand out flags to supporters away from home so that there’s more of a presence. And they are actually quite vocal… perhaps not as often as we’d like, but they ARE vocal.

Back