Rumour Crows to ask for compensation pick.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Crows to ask for a compensation pick for 2019 draft to offset all of the games played by Kyle Hartigan.
If we didn't get a PP for having to secure all our assistants from either radio jobs or the sanfl, playing Otten on Rance in a GF, Collective Mind, playing DMac for almost 200 games, Stephen Trigg, Dean Bailey, Phil Walsh or our selection policy, we aren't getting one for Kyle Hartigan

Maggsy

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we trade out Hartigan, and Keath goes to the WBs, its gonna be a really weak defence relying on Doodee coming back off an ACL.
I'm happy to hit refresh on our backline (along with all line's of our squad in some regard to be honest)

We should be aiming at playing a combination of Doedee, Brown, Talia, Laird, Sholl, Butts, Hamill, McPherson, Smith, Seedsman, Milera (plus any new recruits) through our back half (some of them obviously can rotate through the middle also) for the next 1-2 years.

Keath is at his max value right now, I'm happy if we get top compo for him, in 2-3 years time he could be a very different player to the one he was this season rounds 1-12.

Hartigan is a liability, we should dispatch him - agree that we probably won't but we should.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm happy to hit refresh on our backline (along with all line's of our squad in some regard to be honest)

We should be aiming at playing a combination of Doedee, Brown, Talia, Laird, Sholl, Butts, Hamill, McPherson, Smith, Seedsman, Milera (plus any new recruits) through our back half (some of them obviously can rotate through the middle also) for the next 1-2 years.

Keath is at his max value right now, I'm happy if we get top compo for him, in 2-3 years time he could be a very different player to the one he was this season rounds 1-12.

Hartigan is a liability, we should dispatch him - agree that we probably won't but we should.
That backline would give away 100pts every games and destroy the development of Butts, Hamill and Scholl while McPherson is injured and Smith and Seedsman are playing on the wing and in the middle to cover for all the mids that we have also traded out for late third rounders.
We would be GC mark 2.

Maggsy

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
That backline would give away 100pts every games and destroy the development of Butts, Hamill and Scholl while McPherson is injured and Smith and Seedsman are playing on the wing and in the middle to cover for all the mids that we have also traded out for late third rounders.
We would be GC mark 2.
totally disagree with that, but you're entitled to your opinion. I think if Doedee didn't miss the entire season Keath likely wouldn't have as much currency as he does now. We aren't exactly a fortress currently WITH Hartigan either, he single handedly leaks 30-40 points a game every week

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We would be GC mark 2.
Lol no one would be that bad, very few teams in history would be that bad.

I wouldn't think we'd be letting Keath and/or Harto go without a backup plan.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol no one would be that bad, very few teams in history would be that bad.

I wouldn't think we'd be letting Keath and/or Harto go without a backup plan.
We let CC go without a back up plan, and then we let Gov go and refused to play our back up plan until the last four games.
Yes, I think we would be stupid enough not to have a back up plan.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We let CC go without a back up plan, and then we let Gov go and refused to play our back up plan until the last four games.
Ok champ

If you think we will let 2 KPDs leave whilst having 1 break glass option retire and not have a plan to bring one in via trade you're extremely pessimistic..... and wrong.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok champ

If you think we will let 2 KPDs leave whilst having 1 break glass option retire and not have a plan to bring one in via trade you're extremely pessimistic..... and wrong.
If both Keath and Harto decide THEY want out, tell me who the KPDs are the club has lined up? I put it to you the club didnt expect Doedee to go down with a knee, nor did they expect that Keath and Harto could both want to leave at the end of the year. But as you are sure the club has KPDs lined up to replace them, who are they? Some random 18 yo draftee?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
If both Keath and Harto decide THEY want out, tell me who the KPDs are the club has lined up? I put it to you the club didnt expect Doedee to go down with a knee, nor did they expect that Keath and Harto could both want to leave at the end of the year. But as you are sure the club has KPDs lined up to replace them, who are they? Some random 18 yo draftee?
How the **** am I supposed to know, but these deals don't just happen. They would have known Keathy was shopping himself for a while, and if Harto does indeed want out then the club would've known well before you and I.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
How the **** am I supposed to know, but these deals don't just happen. They would have known Keathy was shopping himself for a while, and if Harto does indeed want out then the club would've known well before you and I.
He wasn't though. And by all reports to date isn't. Clearly though, leading up to the bye he was in sensational form and out of contract at the end of the season.

Who knows wtf our list managers are doing, but that chose to sign our youngsters and wait to make decisions on the rest of the list later in the year. It no real surprise that other clubs are interested in seeing if he'd like a change, regardless of him stating publicly his preference is to stay

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Fogarry is back up to walker and. Jenkins, not mcgovern. Its like saying himmilberg is back up plan for Jacobs.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
When Gov left there was a place for a marking forward, and in 2018 Fog replaced Gov when he was out. To say he isn't a replacement for Gov but he is for JJ is crazy talk.

Fog ain't a marking forward. He's a lead up Forward.

Back