Crows trying to hose down comparison with 97 & 98.

Remove this Banner Ad

“If the opposition comes out and plays better than us, well, so be it. But as long as we go out and play the best footy we can play, then everything else is a consequence of that.”

That just about sums it up. Anything can happen in the finals too which is the rider he should have added

The Ship is on an even keel you cut throats:D

I still think if Crows win this week against Dees and get to 9-3, six wins in the bank ahead of losses (when all you have to do is 12 wins 10 losses to make finals) ... then expectations are going to be very very hard to quell.

Crows will not be able to put a lid on their fans thinking ... gee, this is Crows best ever home & away by far, Crows have got to be a better show for a flag this year than they were in 98.

Whilst my expectation is that we make the finals & preferably the top-4, don't get too excited, as teams have missed the finals from here before (ie. don't count our chickens just yet as there is a long way to go). I still see Brisbane, Port & a full-strength Essendon ahead of us. However, if we make the finals we know anything can happen ...

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Whilst my expectation is that we make the finals & preferably the top-4, don't get too excited, as teams have missed the finals from here before (ie. don't count our chickens just yet as there is a long way to go). I still see Brisbane, Port & a full-strength Essendon ahead of us. However, if we make the finals we know anything can happen ...

Essendon are potentially two games and percentage behind. Crows would have to lose three games more than Essendon do from here on in.

The performance indicators (statistics) to date do not show any team as being ahead of Crows. Brisbane & Port are not noticably ahead, and Essendon certainly aren't.

Yes, there is a long way to go. My point I guess is that if Crows can just keep going as they are, they currently are in a position to win a flag, no further improvement required.

Essendon are potentially two games and percentage behind. Crows would have to lose three games more than Essendon do from here on in.
ok.crows - The point I was making is not that Essendon will necessarily finish above the Crows (although it is still very possible), but that I believe Essendon are still a better side (along with Brisbane & Port) if they get all their gun players back.

The performance indicators (statistics) to date do not show any team as being ahead of Crows. Brisbane & Port are not noticably ahead, and Essendon certainly aren't.
True there is not much between the teams - but given our form against this opposition I would prefer play Brisbane (preferably at Football Park), play Port at the MCG (given our recent record against them at Football Park & our finals record at the G), &/or avoid Essendon full-stop (as they have the wood on us).

My point I guess is that if Crows can just keep going as they are, they currently are in a position to win a flag, no further improvement required.
Yes the Crows are on track, but momentum is a funny thing & how often have you seen sides form/fortunes turn around in a hurry. Once you make the finals anything can happen, but we must not lose sight that we need to make it first. Then when we do make it, we must improve further to do some damage ... & the good news is that we have some experienced players who know how to take it to the next level.

Originally posted by ok.crows

I think you will find that if the crows lose two more games than Essendon the % will take care of itself.

There isnt that much of a gap that 2 wins vs 2 losses wouldn't make it almost negligible.

If the bombers can beat the camries by 5 goals then the % is gone and one of the losses. Really it may come down to that game.

Originally posted by Port01

I think you will find that if the crows lose two more games than Essendon the % will take care of itself.

There isnt that much of a gap that 2 wins vs 2 losses wouldn't make it almost negligible.

If the bombers can beat the camries by 5 goals then the % is gone and one of the losses. Really it may come down to that game.

We are definitley a key forward short

If the Crows were to win the flag this year it would be one of the best flags ever consideing the strenght of the opposition

Brisbane
Essendon and
Port.

Originally posted by Jars458

If the Crows were to win the flag this year it would be one of the best flags ever consideing the strength of the opposition

Brisbane
Essendon and
Port.

Crows could definately do with the addition of a key forward, but at the same time it has to be said they are doing OK so far with the "guess who is going to kick some goals this week" forward structure they have at the moment.

There are a few teams playing well, no doubt about it, but from whatever aspect you look at it, Crows are playing just as well as they are.

So it is really a matter of keeping their form. It is not like Crows have to find any extra to be capable of winning the flag, they have shown enough. This is not to say Crows will win a flag or would even be favourites, but only that on current form a flag is within reach. IMO.

PS: as far as hosing down expectations go, would it be amiss of me to point out that this season is on track to be Crows best ever home & away season?

Originally posted by Jars458

If the Crows were to win the flag this year it would be one of the best flags ever consideing the strenght of the opposition

Brisbane
Essendon and
Port.

Sometimes you can have that Key Forward and come unstuck..
97 GF will attest to that; Crows blitzed em without a one way target.

Im exited but theres a long way to go yet.
:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back