Rumour Crows TV

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone else think fages looks like james faulkner?

193.png
841857-56aa7692-3d28-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238ac5.jpg

Do the Collingwood or Essendon shows even have hosts? I've only watched a few episodes but that didn't seem to be the format. Perhaps they have someone to do some interviews or something but apart from that I hope its not just "Heres 5 minutes of SANFL highlights... and our top 3 players were_____ while so and so got 35 touches so will be a chance to make their AFL debut soon, now heres some clips from a press conference", and I don't think it will be like that.

Basically if its already on the clubs website/Youtube or just information you can look up yourself anyway there is little point of paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to go over it on Foxtel. I'm looking forward to an inside look at the club. From what I've seen of the other clubs shows its basically a look at meetings, follow someone around for a day or one on one interviews with someone who has just made an announcement or something like that.

If we're going to do a new Crows Show, I'd love it to be something along the lines of 'In The Room', which is the Pittsburgh Penguins TV show

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=93328

And if people say something like this can't be done over here, something pretty similar was done for the Thunderbirds a couple of years ago.

Suns and Lions each have a 30min weekly show on 7mate that only shows in QLD, to me a 7mate show that only shows in SA would be more likely than a national Fox Footy show, 7mate probably want to take this idea nationally and it would help promote their SANFL broadcasts. The club also announced a 3 year partnership with channel 7 earlier this year.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-07-03/crows-tune-into-channel-7

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/suns-tv/suns-tv-on-7mate

I turn on commercial TV for Ashes cricket and the AFL GF.

maybe we should buy the advertiser and just have crows news in there and we could sack Rucci? haha

Fitzy is based interstate though isnt he?
He wouldve been great though.

I sense it will be a great chance for Rory and Tex to get a fair bit of me time.

I've just watched a couple of episodes of Suns TV, for me, far less interesting than the Foxtel option but better than nothing. It's more like an episode of Postcards mixed with game highlights and a feature each week. Very little, if any, of the behind the scenes stuff at the club, in meetings, coach talking to the players etc. like the Collingwood and Essendon shows seem to focus on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at a few of the other club's YouTube channels - there is so much more we could be doing. Mic up a few of the players and film a few training sessions, maybe not the entire sessions but if players pull off an exceptional bit of play it'd be good to see that featured on the website instead of just the generic kick to kick and sprinting drills, for a bit of fun they could also bring in goal kicking and skill comps like Ablett and Stevie J did a few years ago where they were trying to kick the ball into the wheelie bin etc. More player interviews talking about the games themselves and highlighting things we may have missed from the TV coverage or up in the stands, maybe follow an individual player for their pre-game prep and post-game recovery routine.

It's official. 'The Crows Show' is back with Bicks to host.
Adelaide will film and produce its own show to air on Channel 7 in 2015, which is the Crows’ 25th AFL season.
Hosted by former assistant coach and two-time premiership captain Mark Bickley, the show is described as “magazine” in style rather than the panel format that dominates free-to-air and pay TV.
The 30-minute program, to run every weekend during the AFL season, will feature player profiles and behind-the-scenes access, similar to Collingwood’s The Club and Essendon’s The Hangar, on Fox Footy.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...lic_rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Great idea from the club. Now just hoping it is not too hard to find on the weekends.

Would be great to have more of that behind the scenes type stuff they did with the draft related videos a bit like the Collingwood show. In other words hopefully whoever is putting the show together has behind the scenes access to the club and not just highlights, quick answer light interviews and press conferences.

Going on the rest of the article it will be so I'll watch with interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back