conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I’m still not sure why Mackay is playing tonight ahead of Stengle.

Mackay had six kicks last weeks against the Suns and the third lowest Fantasy point of our entire team. Yes, I don’t give a stuff about Fantasy but it’s a decent marker of game involvement and influence for a running player.

Having Stengle in would mean we wouldn’t need to run Milera or Smith through the forward line; they could instead rotate through midfield, wing and half-back where they’re both more damaging.

We’ve also got a 32.5 year old crumbing forward who looks 50-50 as to whether he plays on in 2020, can we perhaps plan for that within the current side?

Eyeroll / done

C’arn, boys - smash the Bombres.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
All depends which Adelaide side turns up tonight. If we get the same side as when we beat GWS and Richmond from a few weeks ago, we should win by 4-5 goals. If the lazy, undisciplined side that turned up against Port turns up we are in trouble.

I think Jenkins will play a big role in the result, he was in great form before he got injured. This is his 3rd game back now so hopefully he has his confidence back and get his hands on the ball. ROB should be able to control the ruck against Mckernan so our mids need to take advantage of his taps and get the ball into our forward line to give our forwards plenty of opportunities.

I'm predicting Adelaide by 24 points.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
We're gonna lose this so bad.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hard to get too enthused. Maybe seeing a different look in our midfield will encourage - not sure.

Pitiful home record this year so anything can happen. Ess have just the game to skin us. Backing us by 10 points on the back of their outs and doubts on Heppell even if he plays

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
What if the Power game was the anomaly in the last 2 months of footy? If so, it’s going to be an exciting clash and we’re currently the better team. Hoping to see a 5+ goal win, would add some nice confidence boost and some percentage buffer with teams outside the top 8.

Beautiful day for a game of footy! Carn’ Crows!

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hard to get too enthused. Maybe seeing a different look in our midfield will encourage - not sure.

Pitiful home record this year so anything can happen. Ess have just the game to skin us. Backing us by 10 points on the back of their outs and doubts on Heppell even if he plays

This is the game to get excited about. Friday night at home.

Win this and we are right back in the hunt for a top 4 spot.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What if the Power game was the anomaly in the last 2 months of footy? If so, it’s going to be an exciting clash and we’re currently the better team. Hoping to see a 5+ goal win, would add some nice confidence boost and some percentage buffer with teams outside the top 8.

Except the second half against Port mirrored the second half against Geelong the week prior

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is the game to get excited about. Friday night at home.

Win this and we are right back in the hunt for a top 4 spot.
Are you high?

Win this and will more think likely still be 2 wins out of the top 4 with 6 games to go. We also have Richmond ahead of us who are only just getting started.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you high?

Win this and will more think likely still be 2 wins out of the top 4 with 6 games to go. We also have Richmond ahead of us who are only just getting started.
WCE away and Pies at home are the only top 8 sides left after tonight.

Carlton away, Bulldogs away massive danger games though.

Saints at home the only one you could bank.

We’ve no chance at all of top 4, and will need some luck just to stay in the 8

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

I’m not confident at all in beating Carlton or the Bulldogs and to think this is how we feel with such an old team.

When you’re this old it means your team is purring and you are a real chance or you’ve got no juniors.

Well we’ve had some horrible losses and our coaches have had to change our game plan/structures twice during the season so we aren’t a real chance.

In the SANFL we’ve got juniors we have just extended for 2-3 years who we must rate but they can’t get a look in.

Something doesn’t compute.

PrideoSA

Senior List
Apr 21, 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide

Bolton still at Carlton, Alan Richardson still at Saints, you mark both down as wins. Anything can happen now

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

You forgot the second half against geelong

I've got 2 spare GA tickets (due to a last minute cancellation) for $40 each.

I'm over in Adel today, so can meet anyone in the CBD or pre game.

PM me if you want them

Mods - please move / delete if inappropriate
Sent you a private message :)

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm actually surprisingly comfortable about tonight right now. I know they like to run and gun, but those runners and gunners still need to be fed the footy.

The Port and Geelong games they beat us well and truly on the outside, but it was still the inside beasts of their teams that fed those players the Sherrin, and ROB had quite a hard time with their opposing ruckman.

This game it wouldn't surprise me to see ROB have a blinder and our inside brigade do a number on them (I like the way we match up on theirs). And for me if we win the midfield, then I can't see us losing the game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back