Game Day Crows v Bombers - What’s Old is Crap Again

Remove this Banner Ad

The classic is we have Godden stating we won’t see Crouch, Crouch and Sloane again and Hart saying we like speed in there. So what do we do for practically the first half? Crouch, Crouch and Sloane. In the last qtr when we were desperate we rotated Atkins, Milera and Smith in there but for only one bounce and kept at least 2 of the 3 in there.

They provide no spread and hack it.

I would trade Matt.
If you look at raw numbers, which our coaches do, it'll say we won clearances easily.

Stats lie

Quick attacking handball killing us

And inability to tackle.

When is that rule coming in????

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Could see it early.

When we got 5 goals up Essendon flicked the switch and went hard with the attacking handball and forward movement.

Our biggest issue is the lack of defensive ability among our mids.

Sloane
Crouches
Milera (hate to say it)
Atkins
Et el

None of them can physically stop a player.

I am not talking about a slow tackle in a stoppage. But when one on one on the fast break hitting a guy and stopping him.

Has nothing to do with age or body speed. It is poor technique.

Walker just seemed lost when you were going forward , 1 contested mark for the game isn’t good enough and betts unfortunately looks like he Is done , really hope you can turn the season around, really love watching your midfield win the hard contested footy!
Good luck for the rest of the season

Could see it early.

When we got 5 goals up Essendon flicked the switch and went hard with the attacking handball and forward movement.

Our biggest issue is the lack of defensive ability among our mids.

Sloane
Crouches
Milera (hate to say it)
Atkins
Et el

None of them can physically stop a player.

I am not talking about a slow tackle in a stoppage. But when one on one on the fast break hitting a guy and stopping him.

Has nothing to do with age or body speed. It is poor technique.

Tackling has a lot to do with mindset. We tackle when it's easy to do so

Can we agree now how putrid our midfield is?
Against Port you said our midfield was putrid because the clearances were 45 - 27 in Port's favour....and i50's were 66 - 42 in Port's favour.

Tonight you're saying our midfield was putrid when the clearances were 50 -28 in the Crows favour , Centre Clearances 17 - 9 in the Crows favour...and the i50's were 52 -50 in the Crows favour.

Think tonight's loss was an indication it's not the midfield that was particularly putrid, but our forward structure....and I think you'd have to agree apart from one gem of goal Tex was largely putrid tonight and Talia and Hartigan not far of it.

If this isn't a catalyst for REAL review and change at all levels within the club, then nothing will be.
im putting the house on b, nothing will be.

the right people are making money and arent being blamed. life's sweet.

Against Port you said our midfield was putrid because the clearances were 45 - 27 in Port's favour....and i50's were 66 - 42 in Port's favour.

Tonight you're saying our midfield was putrid when the clearances were 50 -28 in the Crows favour , Centre Clearances 17 - 9 in the Crows favour...and the i50's were 52 -50 in the Crows favour.

Think tonight's loss was an indication it's not the midfield that was particularly putrid, but our forward structure....and I think you'd have to agree apart from one gem of goal Tex was largely putrid tonight and Talia and Hartigan not far of it.
nah way to simplistic. We have a guys like MCrouch who does nothing more than hack kick it around the corner everytime. Sure its a I50 but its rubbish. It the whole reason why Smithers, and Jnr have had to go into the middle as they can actually hit a target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s more than just winning clearances it’s using the ball.

Yes our forward structure sucks and yes Tex didn’t have a good game, but I reckon I counted at least 10 times Tex was clear and we burned him.

When you’ve got 2 key forwards and ones free, why ******* bomb it to a contest? Why? Because our midfield lacks skill and composure. They are too slow to give themselves distance to be able to spread. Our midfield mix is ****ed.

Third week out of 4 with exactly the same script. Dominate the F50 entries in the first half but don't punish the opposition, then after half time we don't come back out and our total lack of a key forward who leads combined with lack of speed in the midfield means the opposition is practically begging us to kick it into our 50 so they can just walk it back past us for a goal. Also, as in the West Coast game, we give up 4 goals in the last few minutes of the game.

Commentators all say the same after the game:
  • "On paper it's hard to see how they lost this"
  • "Geez they dominated the F50 entries and had more scoring shots in the first half but it was a different story after half-time"
  • "They'll look back on this one as a missed opportunity Adelaide"
  • "They really lost the uncontested possession count and that's what hurt them"
  • "It's rare to see a team win so many of the key statistics and still lose like Adelaide did tonight"
The cold hard fact is that our key forwards are letting themselves and the team down, and our midfield isn't fit enough, fast enough or good enough to run two ways for 4 quarters.

Carlton will use the same blueprint that Essendon, Port and Geelong did to lower our resistance and then smash us after half-time.

Tackling has a lot to do with mindset. We tackle when it's easy to do so
No we dont. Even when we are winning our tackling is poor. Has been for years.

Especially our midfielders. I am not talking about congested tackling. I am talking about the tackle you lay to stop a guy running to an attacking position.

None of our mids have high ability when it comes to defending.

It is just highlighted when a team takes us in between the arcs. Essendon were dow by 30 and from that point took us on through the arcs.

Shiel had no care for being tackled tonight. Absolutely shredded us.

Third week out of 4 with exactly the same script. Dominate the F50 entries in the first half but don't punish the opposition, then after half time we don't come back out and our total lack of a key forward who leads combined with lack of speed in the midfield means the opposition is practically begging us to kick it into our 50 so they can just walk it back past us for a goal. Also, as in the West Coast game, we give up 4 goals in the last few minutes of the game.

• "Geez they dominated the F50 entries and had more scoring shots in the first half but it was a different story after half-time"
  • "It's rare to see a team win so many of the key statistics and still lose like Adelaide did tonight"
The cold hard fact is that our key forwards are letting themselves and the team down, and our midfield isn't fit enough, fast enough or good enough to run two ways for 4 quarters.

Carlton will use the same blueprint that Essendon, Port and Geelong did to lower our resistance and then smash us after half-time.

So right. This team/club is living on iffy stats. You picked it with our midfield schemozzle. Our forward operation is bordering on embarrassing. We have no runners or creating ball movement patterns. And we have 3-5 non contributors who have been doing that for years. Years.

Not if we are "lucky" to kick straight for goals in the 1st half......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back