tenor.gif

Yeah.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
Against Port you said our midfield was putrid because the clearances were 45 - 27 in Port's favour....and i50's were 66 - 42 in Port's favour.

Tonight you're saying our midfield was putrid when the clearances were 50 -28 in the Crows favour , Centre Clearances 17 - 9 in the Crows favour...and the i50's were 52 -50 in the Crows favour.

Think tonight's loss was an indication it's not the midfield that was particularly putrid, but our forward structure....and I think you'd have to agree apart from one gem of goal Tex was largely putrid tonight and Talia and Hartigan not far of it.
Simplistic. Check those same stats after half time, particularly at key points in the game.

We had 5-19 i50s in the third quarter, that's midfield, pure and simple.

MemoryLane

Team Captain
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Crouch brothers can go, especially Matt. Having a goofy face is only tolerable if you make an impact. Now you just want to impact that goofy face.

Smith
Milera
Atkins
Laird
Mackay
Gibbs

Playing all of them or even 5 out of 6 as tonight is seriously unbalancing our team.

Lets just take Gold Coasts picks 1 and 2 for Crouch x2, Laird, Gibbs, Mackay and Atkins.

That will literally lift them off the bottom of the ladder.

We get Rowell, Anderson.

Trade Carlton's pick for Luko.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Simplistic. Check those same stats after half time, particularly at key points in the game.

We had 5-19 i50s in the third quarter, that's midfield, pure and simple.
We lack genuine class in the middle.

Sloane and the Crouch boys should be support to an elite level mid. Not the best we have.

They should also learn to tackle effectively.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am losing a lot of faith in Pyke, I think we need change to spark this club into action
get rid of all his assistants. Let him make decisions on his own. Is it them holding him back? Or is he just not good enough?

Crows123

Senior List
Sep 8, 2007
Ottoway, Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We lack genuine class in the middle.

Sloane and the Crouch boys should be support to an elite level mid. Not the best we have.

They should also learn to tackle effectively.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sloane is elite, like some elite midfielders, he doesn't know how to handle a tagger right now. M.Crouch was an AA midfielder just a few years ago, he is just going through a form slump (like most elite young midfielders). B.Crouch will reach that level next year (he just need to get more confidence in his body, I'm starting to see the explosive pace from stoppage but he is not using this strength of his enough).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows123

Senior List
Sep 8, 2007
Ottoway, Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tired out the 2nd half, resulting in the miss tackle (which we were nailing in the 1st half) and not able to keep up with their midfield (which we were doing in the 1st half), sack Burton and Haas. Not taking our forward advantage, sack Hart.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Go
So right. This team/club is living on iffy stats. You picked it with our midfield schemozzle. Our forward operation is bordering on embarrassing. We have no runners or creating ball movement patterns. And we have 3-5 non contributors who have been doing that for years. Years.
Godden is in charge of the midfield..no offence but he has been in the SANFL system for years and it is vastly diffefent preparing against sturts or norwoods on ball brigade to an afl standard on ball brigade. I think it was a bad call getting him and we need to move him on and take on a much more AFL experienced coach for that line.

B hart must just go for the good of the club. Super player and an all time great but our forward strucure is as bad as i can ever remember. He is responsible for it and has been found so badly out of his depth.

Camporeale is the senios assistant and having been around for years in various roled and needs to move on and allow us to get a different voice in that role

Brett burton....unmitigated disaster full stop. This guy has been like a cancer and to think we have lost guys like poulos and bode to accomodate him just makes me mad. He has value added nothing and eroded the culture terribly. If fagan and chapman care at all about the club he just has to get the flick

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Against Port you said our midfield was putrid because the clearances were 45 - 27 in Port's favour....and i50's were 66 - 42 in Port's favour.

Tonight you're saying our midfield was putrid when the clearances were 50 -28 in the Crows favour , Centre Clearances 17 - 9 in the Crows favour...and the i50's were 52 -50 in the Crows favour.

Think tonight's loss was an indication it's not the midfield that was particularly putrid, but our forward structure....and I think you'd have to agree apart from one gem of goal Tex was largely putrid tonight and Talia and Hartigan not far of it.

I agree the forward structure and gameplan is crap, but far out Mate,check the delivery from this midfield both by hand and foot and then check the constant holding up of play when we have the jump or the slow, wide, safe but unsure ball movement that usually breaks down into turnover because of poor skill level, or the random hack kicks or 1m hot potato hand passes which come about through nothing more than perceived pressured, lack of accountability,confidence or a willingness to take the game on. Then look at the one way running, the half stepping when attacking the ball, the complete lack of effort to lock the ball inside 50 across the half forward line.The amateur level rotations and positioning.

Clearances mean about as much as Sauces hit out stats right now.
Our midfield is a bigger issue than our dysfunctuinal forward line. It isn't the forward line dropping dead after 2.5 poorly skilled quarters. They just go hungry for not being fed.

Crows123

Senior List
Sep 8, 2007
Ottoway, Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree the forward structure and gameplan is crap, but far out Mate,check the delivery from this midfield both by hand and foot and then check the constant holding up of play when we have the jump or the slow, wide, safe but unsure ball movement that usually breaks down into turnover because of poor skill level, or the random hack kicks or 1m hot potato hand passes which come about through nothing more than perceived pressured, lack of accountability,confidence or a willingness to take the game on. Then look at the one way running, the half stepping when attacking the ball, the complete lack of effort to lock the ball inside 50 across the half forward line.The amateur level rotations and positioning.

Our midfield is a bigger issue than our dysfunctuinal forward line. It isn't the forward line dropping dead after 2.5 poorly skilled quarters. They just go hungry for not being fed.
Saw all that in the 1st half, finals type pressure by both clubs and we managed it in the 1st half, didn't we.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

It is on the turnover that our midfield is getting slaughtered. Stoppages are ok but once it hits the forward line and comes back the other way teams are torching us with fast running link handball and then kicking to an open player. When we handball it is generally to a stationary target about to be tackled. The oppisition seem to hand ball to guys moving at pace away from a contest. Saw it v geelong then v port and saw it again tonight

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
What’s happening at half time? Where are their heads at? Too many games now for it to be an anomaly?
Sitting by a tv while doing other stuff ( I chose not to attend ) and I notice Tex, Sloane, Talia and one other ( Crouch? ) talking to Don and Campo alongside. Going back 2 months Don talked about how the leadership group challenged him and he changed things up.

Now thats ok if it works, but it makes me wonder if the tail is wagging the dog and Dons consensus style leadership is creating a machine pulling in different directions

tl;dr - maybe 1 strong voice needs to make all the decisions

Sitting by a tv while doing other stuff ( I chose not to attend ) and I notice Tex, Sloane, Talia and one other ( Crouch? ) talking to Don and Campo alongside. Going back 2 months Don talked about how the leadership group challenged him and he changed things up.

Now thats ok if it works, but it makes me wonder if the tail is wagging the dog and Dons consensus style leadership is creating a machine pulling in different directions

tl;dr - maybe 1 strong voice needs to make all the decisions
I’m convinced this is part of the problem. I don’t think Don gets the final say on things, rather the line coaches all get a say in selection. Too many coaches imo. Who introduced line coaches? Walshy?

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Oh you can’t criticise the Crouch brothers.

Rubbish midfield is rubbish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back