Game Day Crows v Brisbane at the Gabba 18/5/19 Cast your vote here!

Who will win?????

• Crows!

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Brisbane!

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Greens!

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Labor!

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Liberal!

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Clive Palmer!

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Pauline Hanson!

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He plays today he gets one cheapie and spends all game hanging out the back of the pack hoping the ball will fall to him whilst his opponent marks the ball and rebounds.

Like all the other games this year he played.
I'm not arguing that as such, but my point still stands.

I won't be unhappy if he misses again, what I'm saying is his game today justifies selection.

There has been absolutely nothing all year to lead to a view we can win it. We're mediocre, we've lost to bad teams. The horrifying thing is we've only played one good team to date- and we're not ahead of the curve.

Sure, the other teams could all die in tragic accidents, leaving us premiers by default, but the odds just arent there.
Agree not a flag threat currently but we are not playing our best team yet. Once Seed, Milera, McHenry, Stengle are in the side we will be a better side imo. Collingwood and Cats still outright favourites in my eyes.

Agree not a flag threat currently but we are not playing our best team yet. Once Seed, Milera, McHenry, Stengle are in the side we will be a better side imo. Collingwood and Cats still outright favourites in my eyes.

I think people have a rosy view about our 'best' that's two years out of date.

If we havent seen it in 9 games, it might not exist?

No, your point doesnt stand. If you don't contest that, you can't say we win. Himmelberg wasnt great today, but he had as much impact as Jenkins would have.
He was worse than "wasn't great". His opponent had a huge say in Brisbane winning the game.

I'd have backed JJ to be more influential than that.

Out “S “
Who were they
you

Firstly thank you for your grammar correction, though the build up this year has obviou"s"ly affected your judgement if you think we aren't missing a few handy player on our injury list in comparison to the Lions.

Attachments

• ad inj.png
    ad inj.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 130
  • bris .png
    bris .png
    58.3 KB · Views: 145
I think people have a rosy view about our 'best' that's two years out of date.

If we havent seen it in 9 games, it might not exist?
The problem is that there are about 6 individuals rusted on which we are going nowhere with. Until they are replaced with better options we will not contend. The team lacks leg speed. Jones showed that in 1 quarter today. The fact Mackay stands out is clear evidence also of that fact. Gallucci has not come on as expected and would trade. Could throw knight in there as well. Would trade the likes of Kelly, Atkins, Knight, Gallucci, Poholke, Hartigan. Also our forward line is average. Cameron was a major loss. I said it at the time he was worth 2 firsts. Betts has dropped off and Murphy tries but is not Afl quality. Walker is inconsistent these days. Lynch our best forward currently. I would get Mchenry, Stengle and bring Jenkins back in. Have ben jenkins harshest critic but Himmelberg looks tired. We also need a decent ruck badly.

The problem is that there are about 6 individuals rusted on which we are going nowhere with. Until they are replaced with better options we will not contend. The team lacks leg speed. Jones showed that in 1 quarter today. The fact Mackay stands out is clear evidence also of that fact. Gallucci has not come on as expected and would trade. Could throw knight in there as well. Would trade the likes of Kelly, Atkins, Knight, Gallucci, Poholke, Hartigan. Also our forward line is average. Cameron was a major loss. I said it at the time he was worth 2 firsts. Betts has dropped off and Murphy tries but is not Afl quality. Walker is inconsistent these days. Lynch our best forward currently. I would get Mchenry, Stengle and bring Jenkins back in. Have ben jenkins harshest critic but Himmelberg looks tired. We also need a decent ruck badly.

Before today many Lions supporters were wanting Cameron to be dropped.
He has a chip on his shoulder was always going to play ok today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must be in a big minority but I thought we were quite good today, the effort was certainly there in yet another high pressure game against a fast, talented young team on a big upward curve both offensively and defensively......on their home deck. Disappointing to lose but there are losses and losses and I was satisfied that we gave our all.

Before today many Lions supporters were wanting Cameron to be dropped.
He has a chip on his shoulder was always going to play ok today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's a bloody skillful player just wants to do it on his terms.

I'm watching this now. They aren't as bad as some of the posts on here. Disappointing no run through the middle. Mario is a slow decision marker if doesn't take time then burns the ball. Some players looking like past few weeks catching up on them. Bryce doing some good stuff. Looks dangerous when in fwd. Eddie looks awake and on.

I must be in a big minority but I thought we were quite good today, the effort was certainly there in yet another high pressure game against a fast, talented young team on a big upward curve both offensively and defensively......on their home deck. Disappointing to lose but there are losses and losses and I was satisfied that we gave our all.
There’s no shame in losing to Brisbane in Brisbane anymore that’s for sure. Hard to say we were crap today too when we were in the game against a finals bound team all day.

I think you’re spot on Bicks

I'm with you, although it always hurts to lose by a point.

We lack a midfielder and I'm not convinced on our forward setup yet but I felt we were solid.

Do you honestly believe that the players don't care? Or are you just mashing your keyboard?
Yeah strange comment.

If we didn't give a stuff we'd have been beaten by 10 goals.

Yes agree

Last edited:
Back