Game Day Crows v Brisbane at the Gabba 18/5/19 Cast your vote here!

Who will win?????

• Crows!

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Brisbane!

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Greens!

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Labor!

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Liberal!

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Clive Palmer!

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Pauline Hanson!

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are the Crows the real deal or pretenders and just another middle of the road side? While that is unlikely to be definitively determined today they can keep the question and hope alive by beating Brisbane. Weather looks good with 24 degrees predicted and little if any rain. Gibbs in for M Crouch a luxury many sides would envy. He must play his socks off to remain in the team however, as will others with a heap in the seconds breathing down their neck including Seedsman. I have predicted the Crows by 11-20.

Last edited:
Not sure about today. I'm sure Cameron will be inspired to destroy us so we need to shut him down and our mids need a big game for any chance to win. At least we have a good record at the Gabba, esp during the day but that means nothing going into this game.

Are the Crows the real deal or pretenders and just another middle of the road side? While that is unlikely to be definitively determined today they can keep the question and hope alive by beating Brisbane. Weather looks good with 24 degrees predicted and little if any rain. Gibbs in for M Crouch a luxury many sides would envy. He must play his socks off to remain in the team however, as will others with a heap in the seconds breathing down their neck including Seedsman. I have predicted the Crows by 11-20.

I think Brisbane will go the biff like last year. They are immune to penalty at home and will intimidate us backed by again another cheating umpire display.

Brisbane by 15.

How is it not live, free to air here in SA? Will have radio in the ear at the polling booth I think
You could probably vote outside game time. Unless of course you’re working there.

We had big rain yesterday and last night so will be a slippery ball
Thanks for the info. Slippery ball might favour Crows, who play pretty good slippery ball footy.
Hard to tell what impact the last 2 hard slog games will have on the team. Will they be stronger/better for it, or tired and carrying soreness? The inclusion of Jones adds speed and the enthusiasm of youth, Gibbs should be nice and rested and if he's rediscovered his mojo, could have positive impact.
I think our solid defence will hold strong.

Crows by 8 (points or goals, I'll take either! :))

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn't missed a crows game since 2012 but unbelievably this will be the 4th game that I've had to miss this season. 2 reunions and a work function and today I will be handing out out how to vote cards for Nadia Clancy in Boothby. The bad news is that the previous games I missed were Hawthorn, Geelong and North. The game I missed in 2012 was Hawthorn at MCG. All losses. Every game I have seen this year are wins. I hope it's not a bad omen today. Most importantly we need a labor victory today.

Cameron and Hipwood are the 2 danger guys for Brissy. If we can limit their influence then we are in with a solid chance. Would like to see Gibbs play the game of his life and solidify his place in the regular 22. Also would like to see Jones play the game of his life, be like a good virus and infect the entire team with his youthful enthusiasm.

Crows by 13.

... The bad news is that the previous games I missed were Hawthorn, Geelong and North. The game I missed in 2012 was Hawthorn at MCG. All losses. Every game I have seen this year are wins. I hope it's not a bad omen today.
I missed three games vs Suns/ Saints/Dockers, all wins, and had been hoping that going fishing and not watching the game was THE SECRET ;) but no. I watched the PA game; we won.

I hadn't missed a crows game since 2012 but unbelievably this will be the 4th game that I've had to miss this season. 2 reunions and a work function and today I will be handing out out how to vote cards for Nadia Clancy in Boothby. The bad news is that the previous games I missed were Hawthorn, Geelong and North. The game I missed in 2012 was Hawthorn at MCG. All losses. Every game I have seen this year are wins. I hope it's not a bad omen today. Most importantly we need a labor victory today.
Wow missing the game for boring political reasons. I cbf’d even rocking up to vote let alone standing there all day handing out crap

Wow missing the game for boring political reasons. I cbf’d even rocking up to vote let alone standing there all day handing out crap
Hope you don’t ever complain then. You get what you deserve.

I'd love a blow-out, our way. We need the %age, plus you deserve some joy for getting up so early to watch!

Not early today mate...it's 12:10 am first bounce my time. Heck, I could even have a tailgate party tonight. ;)

I hope you are right...but I just have a feeling this is gonna be a close one.

Not early today mate...it's 12:10 am first bounce my time. Heck, I could even have a tailgate party tonight. ;)

I hope you are right...but I just have a feeling this is gonna be a close one.
Close ones are not good for my old heart :(. I damn-near needed defibrillation after PA kicked 5 straight last week!
I was semi-comatose for weeks after the Motlop-goal last year --- awake, but only going through the motions. Lights on, no-one home :drunk:.

Back