Remove this Banner Ad

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Going to be an interesting game and one I'm pretty nervous about.

Freo are playing decent footy. They have an excellent midfield with big bodies and ours has been exposed recently for a lack of physicality, composure and ball winning ability when the pressure is applied.

Plus we have gone in too big on what's going to be a pretty wet night.

We need to bring the heat, just as teams have done to us. Just as Geelong did to the Bulldogs, just as Port did to Geelong.

Teams are applying finals type pressure in May, we are applying JLT type pressure. Can we turn it around? Can Don fire the boys up? Or will we start the first qtr asleep again?

Going to be an intriguing game and will tell us where we are currently at and what our hopes are for the rest of the year.

Unfortunately Adelaide by only 118 points.

Last edited:
Yeh, big concern here. Freo have the midfield firepower that is capable of executing a similar style that has resulted in all our non-compete games from the last couple of seasons. And we seem way tall for the likely conditions, which now I'm over my sulk, I'll be experiencing in the flesh. Sadly, I'll be with my old man, so if you hear an idiot complaining about manning up and every handball executed in the backline, I'll be the bloke next to him and if it's after half time I'll be arguing back. Oh, and nearly every handball is a throw. I think his eye sight is gone to be honest.

As for my prediction of 8 points, that's paying $126.

I've taken the $1.92 39.5 point start for Freo, seems an absurd line given potential conditions and our potential to get beaten up by midfields. I've backed Freo at $5.50 or so as well, money may soothe my disappointment as I walk home from AO with tonight.

I've taken the $1.92 39.5 point start for Freo, seems an absurd line given potential conditions and our potential to get beaten up by midfields. I've backed Freo at $5.50 or so as well, money may soothe my disappointment as I walk home from AO with tonight.
I did the same but got on too early, line 31.5 points.

Feeling a bit flat about this one. Its more the uncertainty than any lack of faith. Early in the year Freo were terrible, now they are looking more settled and more composed. The scary thing is Fyfe is playing at about 80%.

6 weeks ago I would have picked Adelaide in a canter. I will still pick them to win but its going to be a nervous night

Good luck to our Indigenous players today! Crows by 25.

JA9vZjF.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think any sort of logic would tell us we will win comfortably this week.

Problem is, logic flew out the window against North and Melb

Drove over from Victoria yesterday for my first Adelaide Oval game. Can't remember the last time I saw a game here, think it was a showdown about six or seven years ago. Started the day with a walk out to the end of the Pt Noarlunga jetty, hoping to end it with a win and some Eddie and Charlie magic!
What do you think of the coffee?

I just can't seem to get excited about this one.
All I'm hoping for is a bit of spirit out there from the boys. Get a win, stay above the pack, sort out your form.

I'm excited for what Eddie can do.... part of me tells me all of the hype over Eddie in Indigenous round will stifle him (Even Bruce mentioned what he could potentially do "tomorrow night" during last night's broadcast)

The other part says he lives for this s**t and will light it up

I'm not excited by the changes, but i'm excited to see if we can stay on top of the ladder. Very important with the trip to Siberia hanging over our head for next week

Depressing thread much. I think we'll over power them eventually and win comfortably.

Will be very interested to see how we handle the heat they'll inevitably bring. We have to have learnt something. Anything.

All safety to those who attend and look out for anything. If you see something that doesn't make you comfortable then report it.
DMac?

We're 1 tall too many and one midfielder down (Dmac) so Freo for mine in a frustrating game where selection policy loses the game yet again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back