Game Day Crows v Dockers featuring "He wasn't terrible"

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness 2 talls had a good game and 2 were mediocre.

Even Pyke himself said we went tall because we thought the rain was already over with.
Yeah, but no. Are you suggesting they picked the final team with the idea that the showers would be over before the game started?

Also, most posters on here where outlining during the week how the Freo midfield would destroy ours. Too big, too strong. That our crappy midfield had been found out, and was about to get a lesson from Fyfe, Mundy and Neale.

I didn't like the Mackay debacle, not one bit of it ... but everyone was talking up Freo - and talking down our selections based on the fact that we were too tall. Otten is the only person that could have been dropped OR JJ doesn't come in. Both played their roles very well last night. Both will be important against the Cats.

Imo, if Beech or Wigg are coming in ... it will be Mackay or Douglas that should be making way, not Otten or JJ.

?

It was tough, congested football with lots of stoppages and scrimmages. Hack it forward, compete, get numbers to the contest.

Spread, speed, quick ball movement, inside/outside balance not much of a factor.
That sounds just like a type of game Freo would excel in.
At least this was the concern by a few people in this forum.

Yeah, but no. Are you suggesting they picked the final team with the idea that the showers would be over before the game started?

Also, most posters on here where outlining during the week how the Freo midfield would destroy ours. Too big, too strong. That our crappy midfield had been found out, and was about to get a lesson from Fyfe, Mundy and Neale.

I didn't like the Mackay debacle, not one bit of it ... but everyone was talking up Freo - and talking down our selections based on the fact that we were too tall. Otten is the only person that could have been dropped OR JJ doesn't come in. Both played their roles very well last night. Both will be important against the Cats.

Imo, if Beech or Wigg are coming in ... it will be Mackay or Douglas that should be making way, not Otten or JJ.

I'm not suggesting anything. Pyke outright stated it both before and after the game.

I've got no posts to prove it, but I was a bit 'meh' about the 'too tall' thing.

Walker and Lynch don't really play tall and their below the waist / on the ground skills / agility are as good as any 'tall forward'. I didn't think we were genuinely playing four 'tall forwards'.

I didn't expect Otto to be clunkin' 'em in the wet, though. :eek:
Their attacking prowess isn't the issue...it's their collective defensive deficiencies that worry me. Against a quality defence on a dry day I fear the rebound will be quite easy...our mids will need to provide better defensive spread than previous rounds.

Wait did he really say that? That's slightly troubling. Is no one at the club able to check a weather radar?

Agree that rain in the first was as heavy as we have ever had in at AO it was coming into the stands

There is no hope in hell that amount of rain didn't show up on the radar

Either it wasn't checked or someone is talking BS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No he didn't. He never said "we picked the team based on there only being a shower during the game". Stretch it any more V?

They picked the best team they could. They expected showers for the game. They aren't linked.

It was in response to being questioned about going in so tall in the forward line with both lynch and otten.

No stretching involved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back