Crows v Dogs MRP watch

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's garbage
The Sloane one was garbage too

It's all garbage

McGovern goes down just after Tex kicks the first goal of the game. Not great video of it though so may not be that incident.
Just watched this on channel 7 news. McGovern shoves Wood with a forearm (nothing in it) and Wood hits him with open hand to lower back. Force appeared negligible but for some reason McGoven drops to his knees, presumably for a free kick. Bizarre ruling but never surprised with MRC. Staggered club hasn't challenged it.

Just watched this on channel 7 news. McGovern shoves Wood with a forearm (nothing in it) and Wood hits him with open hand to lower back. Force appeared negligible but for some reason McGoven drops to his knees, presumably for a free kick. Bizarre ruling but never surprised with MRC. Staggered club hasn't challenged it.
I can't find any vision of it, but why would you even tempt the MRP having been pinged twice already this year? Third time, so he gets a game.

In context with McGovern initiating the contact, I think Wood's reflex action is very unlucky. Seemed nothing in it.

I'm not a doctor, but I don't think that's a reflex action. :)

And sure, it might be on the lighter end of scale, but based on the MRP over the past month that's a strike any day of the week. Players have been warned many times that jumper punches and punches behind play with be judged harshly, since Cotchin hit Neale and then Hawkins hit Crouch.

In context with McGovern initiating the contact, I think Wood's reflex action is very unlucky. Seemed nothing in it.
Where did wood hit him and where was he in relation to Mclovin who gave him the starting forearm shove?

Hit - another word for strike which is what he was charged with "Easton Wood, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with striking Mitch McGovern, Adelaide Crows, during the first quarter of the Round 16 match between the Western Bulldogs and the Adelaide Crows, played at Adelaide Oval on Friday July 7, 2017.

In summary, as a third classifiable offence this season, he can accept a one-game sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Adelaide Crows Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact to the body. This was a third classifiable offence for the season, and therefore the player is subject to a one-match sanction with an early plea."

Doesn't matter where he hit him, he hit him and it was the third time so the one game sanction was appropriate because it was the third one. BTW Charlie Cameron for us is on his second offence and if he does it a third time he will also get a game and deservedly so because he has had the two warnings to cut it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back