Game Day Crows v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a great game but that was Lyons tactics. Think to many here thought it'd be a walkover but Freo aren't quite as bad as a 0-6 start would suggest
1st off congrats on the win... But sadly for me. A couple of things has sunk into reality. 1st of pav has played his last game at Adelaide oval this hurts me more as its coming to an end of a career. Neale got 39 disposals today. Crows enjoy him wearing your teams colours next season

1st off congrats on the win... But sadly for me. A couple of things has sunk into reality. 1st of pav has played his last game at Adelaide oval this hurts me more as its coming to an end of a career. Neale got 39 disposals today. Crows enjoy him wearing your teams colours next season
Sad to see the end of Pav. One of the greats

Don't want Neale. We just got rid of one gun who can't kick. Don't need to bring in a new one.

How does that AF thing work? It had Jenkins as our best player. He had two goals from a 50m and a pathetic free. Did little else and fumbled every time he went near it.
I think you are looking at different points.
On the AFL stats, JJ was ranked our 16th player!
Dougy had 75 points, JJ had 70.

They claim to give positive and negative points for every "action" a player is involved in.

It is sad to see a champ of the club coming to an end. Pav is a very special player but the club should have been bigger than the player after last year and made the call on him, you can't play the toughest possie on the field forever and he looked spent in the second half of last year. Granted, Pav looking spent is a pretty darn good player but you could see the decline and the club had to make the call.

As for your reality comment, I have stated already, much to the denial of others that Fremantles 2016 sets up the next four years. I reckon you guys need a really good pick to prise Hogan out of Melbourne early and given GWS won't care about high picks, just picks to get academy players, you will get MCarthy cheapish. Forward issues will be a thing of the past next year, just need to work on getting one more KPD ( which is far easier than getting a KPF) and BAM, hello top 4

I no longer buy the foot argument on Tex. I think there is something going on with his back--guy barely bent over for some ground balls.

I heard the Pyke interview, they asked him about Tex. Said he's pretty much past the foot thing but hasn't done much training. Resting it. Expects him to fire up soon.

I heard the Pyke interview, they asked him about Tex. Said he's pretty much past the foot thing but hasn't done much training. Resting it. Expects him to fire up soon.

Saw that but not buying it. Something is off.

I think you are looking at different points.
On the AFL stats, JJ was ranked our 16th player!
Dougy had 75 points, JJ had 70.

They claim to give positive and negative points for every "action" a player is involved in.
This is what I was looking at - AFL Ranking Points... whatever they are

Jenkins BOG for us for his 11 possession, 4 mark, 5 hit out game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex just isn't a "dominant forward" anymore. Our forward line is too versatile. You'd say that Walker and Jenkins were "down" yesterday yet still contributed to a lot of our scores. I'm not concerned about Tex.

I am. We know what he is capable of. He's simply not imposing himself on games anymore and is making fundamental skill errors. We need Tex in the mode he was in game 1 last year.

I am. We know what he is capable of. He's simply not imposing himself on games anymore and is making fundamental skill errors. We need Tex in the mode he was in game 1 last year.
But he still takes 2 defenders and the best one. This lets JJ and Eddie off the leash.

Don't think the defender or defenders Tex takes would be the ones to go to Eddie. As for JJ, not his greatest game yesterday. Had little influence until the last quarter.

We don't need them to be dominant though. We scored nearly 100 points again against an opposition who were keen to lock it down. We have such firepower that the opposition worry about 1, 2 or even 3 of our forwards and the other lot get off the leash.... it's a great thing to have and our recruiters deserve a medal for putting together that forward line.... now if we could snag a gun mid or 2......

Gone are the days of our players leading the Coleman, it's too balanced right now and it's exactly how it should be. It's a nightmare for other coaches....

I'm sure they'll have weeks where the guns are "on" and kick a bag, but we don't rely on it any more

We don't need them to be dominant though. We scored nearly 100 points again against an opposition who were keen to lock it down. We have such firepower that the opposition worry about 1, 2 or even 3 of our forwards and the other lot get off the leash.... it's a great thing to have and our recruiters deserve a medal for putting together that forward line.... now if we could snag a gun mid or 2......

Gone are the days of our players leading the Coleman, it's too balanced right now and it's exactly how it should be. It's a nightmare for other coaches....

I'm sure they'll have weeks where the guns are "on" and kick a bag, but we don't rely on it any more
Watching the game from the 50m line yesterday, its amazing how much blocking each forward does to release another forward, especially Lyons but including Tex. Its like a game of chess. I'm finally realising what non-statistical means. Maybe Noble was right about Wright :eek:

Watching the game from the 50m line yesterday, its amazing how much blocking each forward does to release another forward, especially Lyons but including Tex. Its like a game of chess. I'm finally realising what non-statistical means. Maybe Noble was right about Wright :eek:
I noticed one passage where JJ and Eddie were standing next to each other. Suddenly Eddie bursts on the lead while JJ blocks , Eddie trailed back in front of JJs man as JJ took off. They did this 2-3 times. Just interesting as you said to see this kind of work

Tex is playing his role, the coaches wouldn't be complaining
That's just it though, he's not. Hardly hits up on a lead, poor defensive pressure, ineffective deep in contested marking situations. He looks stiff, lacking any sort of lateral movement. I've said it for weeks, he's not right. Hip or lower back imo. Could do with a rest.

I am. Pykey's a straight shooter - no reason to disbelieve him - and if he is holding back its for a reason. So nothing to see here IMO.
He didn't say anything in the first 3-4 weeks about Walker carrying an injury. This press conference was the first time he said anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back