Game Day Crows V Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks did what we all wanted: played the kids in the guts. And it showed after half time. Perhaps we might have gone old school for a minute or two with Sloane and Keays to see if we could have stopped the run.
Well, they did have Tyler Brown in there. I know he didn't get much game time, but from what I saw, I don't know why he was picked ahead of others.

View attachment 1633808

Here's the problem Nick's! Let GWS midfielders run ragged

Not sure Nicks “let” them run riot. I think our mid field boys were out of gas

Laird was the one that was disappointing. Can’t image he was at full health to play that poorly. The rest were just cooked

Disappointing to give up such a lead but never thought this was a win for us anyway

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was honestly surprised how many had us winning in the preview thread.

That said, still horrid to lose from where we did.
I tipped us - but I mostly tip us anyway

I just thought if we continued our ball movement and speed from the pre-season we could be a chance

And the 1st half showed we can be - but dont ask me about the 2nd half

That was a painful midfield display in the second half. How many times can a team walk it out of a centre clearance without changing something defensively
Might need to check with the midfield coach, because pretty much every GWS clearance was from the same plan. Yet we couldn't seem to figure it out.

It's fairly implied considering you said you thought they wouldn't say it if they had lost someone.

Regardless I'm not having the debate. There are plenty of sayings involving death or other such topics and to take them literally or emotionally is being very sensitive. It wasn't a comment about a specific dead person, it was a metaphor.
Yes but you must understand that reference to a “corpse” can trigger emotional experience for many
You seem to have taken that on board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but you must understand that reference to a “corpse” can trigger emotional experience for many
You seem to have taken that on board

If someone is offended by the use of a non-specific term it is up to them to establish a coping strategy to work through that.

It simply doesn't stack up to start expecting every single word that could possibly be triggering for anyone is now banned.

A specific term with a history of discrimination or derogatory nature sure, but a very general term? No.

The law doesn't expect that type of censuring nor, i would argue, does the general community.

Offense can be given or taken but if it is taken, there needs to be someone to have given it or else it doesn't become anyone else's problem except the person who has taken it.

Stop it.

5 goals
Do not think you would say this cruel statement if you ever experienced the loss of someone
Totally understand what you mean but please don’t equate
Many through Covid lost their loved ones. Was emotional and difficult to RIP

I do because I did.

Everyone dies, it is a part of life.

Think you're taking it a bit too seriously.

Well done GreyCrow, glad you managed to quote this beauty from Mutineer

Screenshot_20230319_154533_Chrome.jpg

I remembered his absurd premature observation but using the search function I couldn't find it.

Mutineer deleted his post!!!!

You would think he would be used to getting things wrong but no he went back and removed it.

Has our famed fitness guru been mentioned yet? I thought we had a major leg up in that area … and yet we managed to look dead (no disrespect) on our feet the moment the second half kicked in.

Expect the hang over of all hang overs next week? Heavy legs etc etc.

As for McAdams hit, look forward to see how they justify his upcoming suspension. Didn’t hit the head, no concussion symptoms at all, the guy had the ball.

Well, they did have Tyler Brown in there. I know he didn't get much game time, but from what I saw, I don't know why he was picked ahead of others.
The Tyler Brown experiment is over , he came on with 45 minutes to go and had 1 possession and no tackles against blokes that were absolutely gassed

If we are trying to win games this year then you just pick the best option as sub that can run and expose oppo with fresh legs

The Tyler Brown experiment is over , he came on with 45 minutes to go and had 1 possession and no tackles against blokes that were absolutely gassed

If we are trying to win games this year then you just pick the best option as sub that can run and expose oppo with fresh legs
Jones
Sholl
Hamill

Sholl best maybe?

He was terrible for Collingwood. No idea what we were expecting. Hately is the far superior big midfielder prospect, at least he can find the ball.

With that said at least his selection allowed others to get a full game

Nah, they just overcorrected on "culture" and picked a guy who had that, but probably not the tactical nous. We certainly didn't help with a vanilla appointment like VB in the middle either.

He's the perfect senior assistant, not the man for the top job. He's set some great fundamentals for a young side that another more adventurous coach will be able to take advantage of. Not a total waste, but it's just treading water with him at this point I think.
Doesn't help we've given him one of the worst lists in AFL history

He looked absolutely gassed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back