Game Day Crows V Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Predictable melts I see. It’s one game against the Giants who flogged us senseless in our previous home and away games. We lost by 16 points. We are getting closer. 2nd youngest team. Stinking hot day. Bad kicking lost it for us in the first half, poor coaching in the second, and senior players who just didn’t stand up. I’m amazed that Nicks refused to return to a Laird Sloane Keays midfield in that second half (Keays only went in there in last few minutes and Lo and behold we won a few clearances). And while I thought he should, I’m really glad he didn’t. Because it shows to those who think Keays particularly shouldn’t be playing midfield (if at all), this proves to you that there is absolutely a time and place where he should.

Well done GreyCrow, glad you managed to quote this beauty from Mutineer

View attachment 1633906

I remembered his absurd premature observation but using the search function I couldn't find it.

Mutineer deleted his post!!!!

You would think he would be used to getting things wrong but no he went back and removed it.
Hang on, Mutineer did this really happen?

It’s got to be Sholl. He’s been our best performed wingman in all the preseason. If we are serious he plays but we’ve got to play Sloane somewhere
Not sure of Sloaney stats but didn’t mind his game - a pass , nothing more and nothing less

Brown surely not sub again

Given sub is more tactical this year I’d use Scholl

I’d drop Himmelberg and play TT and look for an excuse to sub ROB presuming TT is on and looks likely in ruck

Watched the first half at work then couldn’t watch the second half. Managed to not look at my phone or anyone tell me the scores. Get home and crack the beer thinking we would run home with it and they dish up that pathetic s**t.

The most embarrassed person should be the midfield coach, that was absolutely pathetic and cost us a win

Disappointed eh, that you couldn't heap s**t on me too...and your busom buddy as well...
I can, because unlucky for you, it was saved.

You friggin deleted a post because you went early and it blew up in your face.

Your inability to post anything critical of our club is embarrassing, but to then delete a positive comment because it backfired is even worse.

You deserve everything you cop because as you showed, your more than happy to lay the boots in when you think somethings good has happened, problem is you had to delete it 🤣

Well done GreyCrow, glad you managed to quote this beauty from Mutineer

View attachment 1633906

I remembered his absurd premature observation but using the search function I couldn't find it.

Mutineer deleted his post!!!!

You would think he would be used to getting things wrong but no he went back and removed it.
Gather Bicks has had a change of heart...

Not sure of Sloaney stats but didn’t mind his game - a pass , nothing more and nothing less

I’d drop Himmelberg and play TT and look for an excuse to sub ROB presuming TT is on and looks likely in ruck
Sloanes play was basically defensive, 75% was in our defensive half and for a wingman he produced 264 metres gained.

That’s the problem with Nicks, he doesn’t value what wingman can do, he’d rather they became another contested midfielder but we are missing out on the attacking run and carry a wingman should generate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloanes play was basically defensive, 75% was in our defensive half and for a wingman he produced 264 metres gained.

That’s the problem with Nicks, he doesn’t value what wingman can do, he’d rather they became another contested midfielder but we are missing out on the attacking run and carry a wingman should generate
what was is kicking efficency ? seemed pretty high , i reckon he was about our 10th best player on the day

hinge started like a rocket then horror second half

Has our famed fitness guru been mentioned yet? I thought we had a major leg up in that area … and yet we managed to look dead (no disrespect) on our feet the moment the second half kicked in.

Expect the hang over of all hang overs next week? Heavy legs etc etc.

As for McAdams hit, look forward to see how they justify his upcoming suspension. Didn’t hit the head, no concussion symptoms at all, the guy had the ball.
I am willing to give them a pass today given the heat, it was nearly 40 at one stage. Yes we could rotate more than the Giants, but all players still had to deal with the heat. I am surprised we only had Murray go down with cramp.

Fitness also doesn’t help if you can’t win the clearance.

The Tyler Brown experiment is over , he came on with 45 minutes to go and had 1 possession and no tackles against blokes that were absolutely gassed

If we are trying to win games this year then you just pick the best option as sub that can run and expose oppo with fresh legs
McHenry would have been perfect in that role today. Heck, even Murphy. Or Jones. I can see what they were trying to do with Brown, but he’s clearly not the 23rd player on our list and so shouldn’t be near that role.

McHenry would have been perfect in that role today. Heck, even Murphy. Or Jones. I can see what they were trying to do with Brown, but he’s clearly not the 23rd player on our list and so shouldn’t be near that role.
Jones or Sholl for mine … especially in that heat , players that can cover ground and expose tired and injured players like giants had

Mchenry isn’t perfect for any role in my book

I thought Berg played well when the rest of the team was on top and actually giving decent supply. 12 touches, 1 goal, 5 marks (one contested and it was a beauty), 4 score involvements and 2 goal assists is a decent game.

what was is kicking efficency ? seemed pretty high , i reckon he was about our 10th best player on the day

hinge started like a rocket then horror second half
His disposal efficiency was excellent, but that’s not my point. We need wings to play as wings and generate run.

Hinge did fade but went back when Murray got injured, Sloane can’t do that.

Nicks has put a line through Sholl when he needs to give him a go, he’s our best performed wingman

I thought Berg played well when the rest of the team was on top and actually giving decent supply. 12 touches, 1 goal, 5 marks (one contested and it was a beauty), 4 score involvements and 2 goal assists is a decent game.
Any excuse to get TT in you do it

Seems like we’ve got one on his game this weekend

His disposal efficiency was excellent, but that’s not my point. We need wings to play as wings and generate run.

Hinge did fade but went back when Murray got injured, Sloane can’t do that.

Nicks has put a line through Sholl when he needs to give him a go, he’s our best performed wingman
It’s not going to happen and Sloane form is prob better than my expectations at this point

He helped generate some ball movement in second half when others couldn’t / didn’t

Hinge for me is not great in defence , much prefer him on wing

I’d play Sholl or Jones sub next week

Agree nicks has been harsh on Sholl , should have been given more chances overall

Imagine Nicks saying to TT you need to earn your games here son, then turns to brown and says congratulations on your first game for the club.

Imagine Nicks saying to TT you need to earn your games here son, then turns to brown and says congratulations on your first game for the club.
🙈

Can’t understand the fascination with Brown at all

I think today showed in hot weather you’re better off having a hard runner as sub like a Sholl or Jones

Or maybe just a competent player full stop

Fair, just not sure if it sets a good precedent to drop Berg after a decent performance though. A confident Berg is important to our side. I did see he had a good game in the twos, but I can’t see how he gets in. Maybe comes in for McAdam if he’s rubbed out. Our forwardline functioned well today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back