Game Day Crows v GWS, "And the winner is... who knows Tex is out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though he is not the straightest kick in the world, having Walker out hurts because of all the things he brings to the game. As I said this is going to be a challenging season for us. The Crows have a poor home record in their opening home games since 1999 although have won their last two openers at the oval (both day games) but I still expect us to fight hard regardless of the result.

Walker our sucks, but we still have our 2 best goal kickers from last year in the team, plus Lynch, Cameron, Menzel and we get another mid into the team for better midfield adaptability

McGovern did fine LY when Tex was out as the more focal tall (albeit against a weak Essendon team), let's see how he does vs quality today

1 hour to go! Pummmmmppppeedddddd

Dont forget to tune in to our new half time show at half time of the #AFLCrowsGiants match. Chat with us at spreaker.com/user/aflcrowcast, Tweet us using #ccmainbreak or skype bfcrowcast to talk live!

2zxsc1u.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like if upsets happen on Saturday the other teams wise-up on Sunday.

we're probably not likely to be underestimated like Port, Essendon and Brisbane were either.

Considering we were finalists in the past two years, i'd be very surprised if we were underestimated.

Tex wasn't playing as soon as we picked Menzel.

A key forward wasn't playing due to the selection of a mid-small forward?

Huh?

Menzel was selected for completely different reasons, mainly so we can use Cameron more in the middle, which is what we were doing in the JLT.

So Tex was never going to play. He passed all the tests and still dropped.

I get that the medical room wanted to be ultra careful but this is our captain we're talking about. This will have a huge impact on the dynamics of the team.
Each of the forwards will now face a better defender. His creativity will be hard to replace. Not to mention his leadership.

Not sure how Riley is a replacement. Normally a straight swap disrupts a team much less than what the Crows have done here.

So Tex was never going to play. He passed all the tests and still dropped.

I get that the medical room wanted to be ultra careful but this is our captain we're talking about. This will have a huge impact on the dynamics of the team.
Each of the forwards will now face a better defender. His creativity will be hard to replace. Not to mention his leadership.

Not sure how Riley is a replacement. Normally a straight swap disrupts a team much less than what the Crows have done here.
Adds running power on a hot day and we have so many forward options.

Agree he's a loss but it's not as bad as if a few others went down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back