Game Day Crows v Hawks - in melbs, but not the G at 2:50

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Going to take the hounds on a drive walk, get some fish and chips and return home for this belter. Got enthused about our chances, seeing we've played some pretty good footy against better sides lately. Looked at the ladder and further enthused by Hawks string of 5 Ls. Was thinking a 30+ coupled with goal kicking bags type multis and the remembered our god-awful midfield that just got a s**t truck worse. 25 go somewhere possession replaced with 35 that will go absolutely nowhere instead. But 35 is definitely more than 25 and surely there's nothing more involved th@n that.

Anyway, still reckon we're a fair chance and if beaten, won't be by much. Us by about 15.

Going to take the hounds on a drive walk, get some fish and chips and return home for this belter. Got enthused about our chances, seeing we've played some pretty good footy against better sides lately. Looked at the ladder and further enthused by Hawks string of 5 Ls. Was thinking a 30+ coupled with goal kicking bags type multis and the remembered our god-awful midfield that just got a s**t truck worse. 25 go somewhere possession replaced with 35 that will go absolutely nowhere instead. But 35 is definitely more than 25 and surely there's nothing more involved th@n that.

Anyway, still reckon we're a fair chance and if beaten, won't be by much. Us by about 15.
Crows won't lose this game ....HAW always start strong, but as the season progress's they're tiring quicker in games

Close 1st half .....we'll get on top in the 2nd half

Crows won't lose this game ....HAW always start strong, but as the season progress's they're tiring quicker in games

Close 1st half .....we'll get on top in the 2nd half

They’re on a run of losses but they’ve had some decent performances last couple of months. 4 goal loss to Tigers, scraped in over lions, 4 point loss to pies, 2 goal loss to freo away. They probably shouldn’t be favourites to the extent they are, but they’re very capable of beating us if we’re off it a bit.

They’re on a run of losers but they’ve had some decent performances last couple of months. 4 goal loss to Tigers, scraped in over lions, 4 point loss to pies, 2 goal loss to freo away. They probably shouldn’t be favourites to the extent they are, but they’re very capable of beating us if we’re off it a bit.
HAWKS compete till the end .....have good FWD's

Their Mids probably equal our's currently .....their DEF is the weak link, our FWD's should get on top, to kick a winning score

Laird & Dawson the POD's

Looking forward to our defence first, Matt Crouch inspired team on a fast deck. If you like goals, look away!

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking forward to Matt Crouch playing a whole game at half forward so we can limit his disposal deficiency. Whilst giving hard nuts Berry Soligo and Schoenberg time in the centre to build their games...... Wait, the AFC would never even fathom that. Crouch in the centre all day 30+ possessions, Soligo to the non statistical role because you know Nicks just loves his energy.

We may win today, we may not, I really am not that interested. I'm on KI so I'll probably go taste some honey and drink some gin and wine most of the day.

Goodluck Crows, hope Fog and Thilthorpe play rippers and kick 4 each. And we don't let some no name Hawthorn forward kick a bag.

Also Goodluck anyone tuning in for the whole game. Hope it's a good viewing game 🤞👍

Looking forward to Matt Crouch playing a whole game at half forward so we can limit his disposal deficiency. Whilst giving hard nuts Berry Soligo and Schoenberg time in the centre to build their games...... Wait, the AFC would never even fathom that. Crouch in the centre all day 30+ possessions, Soligo to the non statistical role because you know Nicks just loves his energy.

We may win today, we may not, I really am not that interested. I'm on KI so I'll probably go taste some honey and drink some gin and wine most of the day.

Goodluck Crows, hope Fog and Thilthorpe play rippers and kick 4 each. And we don't let some no name Hawthorn forward kick a bag.

Also Goodluck anyone tuning in for the whole game. Hope it's a good viewing game 🤞👍

We need a local tourism thread in the backyard. Would be interested to read about some of the places in SA that people go.

I'm on KI so I'll probably go taste some honey and drink some gin and wine most of the day.
Sounds great but, what, no fishing?? King George horses at Wrecker's Beach, just around the corner from d'Estrees. Mate of mine fishing for flatties got a 53cm. monster with a pillie on triple-ganged hooks. Until he beached it he thought it was a salmon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey AmericanCrow, gonna watch the game today/tonight?
When's it start there, about midnight?

I've promised a mate of mine a 0.998Kg rib-eye steak on the rare side of medium, hoping for a good game to watch at least. Could be a close one, either team by a kick.

For the sake of draft picks and to stick it up Nicks for selecting Crouch and McHenry, I'm hoping for a sizable loss, which is a measure of how much I'm disenchanted by the 2022 season :disappointed: .

I find it quite amazing how many Crows ‘fans’ there are, whose support is entirely conditional on Matt Crouch not being selected.

Every excuse not to watch today, but I'm strangely drawn to seeing if this week's throw at the selection dartboard works.

I find it quite amazing how many Crows ‘fans’ there are, whose support is entirely conditional on Matt Crouch not being selected.
Hyperbole, much? :confusedv1:

I'm one of many not at all happy that Crouch is back, but my support for the Crows is not "conditional" on his not being selected.
Who has said that they will not support the Crows, because Crouch has ben selected?

The best idea on our game days is to focus on the debutants ( 🤣🤣🤣)
Grab some nibbles, cuddle a dog and pour a glass of wine
Anything else is depressing
I am sure GROTTO has some fun facts pre game to help us through
Just settling down for the Lions v Dons game.

giphy.gif

I will look to see what I can find.

The Crouch selection is annoying, but I'm still looking forward to watching the game. I have never been one to not watch a game due to selection.

I think it will be a fairly close game, hopefully it is an high scoring shoot out like last year, but the comments during the week sound like we are going to play defensively and try to keep the scoring down.

I will tip Hawks by 13 points.

This game should give us a real indication on our progress, or lack of progress

These are the types of games that we want to see a real strong showing from the likes of RT, Harry, Berry, Soligo, Parnell, Hately and Hamill

No excuses today, young players vs young players, I want to see our young lads take hold of this game

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back