Game Day Crows v Hawkthorn, 24 July, 7.10pm Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Match ups will be interesting next week. Arguably you could go a bit smaller if we do play the Dogs.

Frampton helps with the extra height particularly tonight with McEvoy drifting forward.

If Frampton plays next or when he is next picked it’s in the back 6.
Butts on Bruce & Murray on Naughton.

Frampton out.

Sure. How many centre square minutes did they get? And against the 17th ranked side, very impressive.
Schoenberg got a lot of midfield minutes and has increased his minutes over the last month, what game were you watching? Why does it matter that the Hawks are 17th? We are 16th. We have played the brand of footy tonight against the best sides and won a couple of those games, this is hardly an outlier.

Dont reckon crows want to get pick 1 (as much as I might) since I dont think we want Horne, if we get pick 1 and avoid him it would be mighty awkward

I highly doubt we don't want Horne.

I don't think we're willing to actively tank to get Horne however, and have it as a case of if s**t works out in a certain way. That game should put an end to it, but this is a weird season, and 17th is genuinely on the cards still.

Love for someone to go back over the last 15-20 drafts and identify when the #1 pick was actually the best player picked in hindsight.

Without even looking I'd say it's at best 10-15% of the time
Horne may or may not turn out to be the best player in the draft but if the Victorian Kid that we pick becomes a champion he will piss off just when we start to push for a flag (Hello Pattyflog).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I highly doubt we don't want Horne.

I don't think we're willing to actively tank to get Horne however, and have it as a case of if sh*t works out in a certain way. That game should put an end to it, but this is a weird season, and 17th is genuinely on the cards still.
Pretty sure Horne hates the crows and will walk after his first contract if we pick him.

Pretty sure Horne hates the crows and will walk after his first contract if we pick him.

Yeah, no. That rumour belongs in the same bin as the one where Ben McKay had fled Australia to live with his Brazilian girlfriend, and Harry McKay has been playing for both Carlton and North.

Love all these posters pissed off that we won. Tanking culture has screwed Carlton for over a decade. Melbourne might win the cup this year but they’ve had 10 years in the cellar and are no certainties this year.

You can’t instill a losing culture otherwise look forward to 10 years down the bottom.

So glad we scraped a win not playing developing players in the centre square. Wowee how exciting. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
A crappy rebuild win would be Sloane and lynch getting 30 and some goals, tex getting 5 and Kelly, tahlia, brown holding up our defense.

Instead, it's fog and Tex doing it up forward, schoey in mid and Hamill, Jones and butts holding up our defense.

You see the difference? A win isn't just a win, it's how you win and if all our youngsters are winning it for us then that's a positive step in a rebuild.

Back