Game Day Crows v Hawkthorn, 24 July, 7.10pm Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Frampton was ok down back. Actual defending a bit sketchy, Hawks have two kids as KPF. He did get some nice intercept marks.

But what is the future there?

We have McAsey, a first round draftee, who should start playing more AFL games.

Plus Murray, who has been a big improver this year. He is capable defensively against big KPFs

Butts owns that other KPD role.

And Worrell.

Ideally McAsey has a season like Butts this year, next year. And this pair are our first choice KPDs long term.

We can then push Murray or Worrell into Kelly's role. I think Murray as he is good defensively plus quick with ball in hand.

I don't see a future for Frampton down back. It would mean McAsey is a bust. And Murray has shown more than Frampton as a KPD.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Schoenberg got a lot of midfield minutes and has increased his minutes over the last month, what game were you watching? Why does it matter that the Hawks are 17th? We are 16th. We have played the brand of footy tonight against the best sides and won a couple of those games, this is hardly an outlier.

1 player ooh wow. Brand of footy? That was one of the most bruise free games of the season, very easy to play a good looking brand of footy when your opponents stink. Of course you're easily impressed though.

A crappy rebuild win would be Sloane and lynch getting 30 and some goals, tex getting 5 and Kelly, tahlia, brown holding up our defense.

Instead, it's fog and Tex doing it up forward, schoey in mid and Hamill, Jones and butts holding up our defense.

You see the difference? A win isn't just a win, it's how you win and if all our youngsters are winning it for us then that's a positive step in a rebuild.

Yeah this win was against a terrible bruise free side. We allowed 1 developing player to attend centre square, ooh job done everyone.

Love all these posters pissed off that we won. Tanking culture has screwed Carlton for over a decade. Melbourne might win the cup this year but they’ve had 10 years in the cellar and are no certainties this year.

You can’t instill a losing culture otherwise look forward to 10 years down the bottom.
I thought we were managing the draft position based on our last three games.

Ess and WCE we played a terrible style of Footy that was never going to win either game.

Kind of happy tonight proved we are not.

Now need to back tonight up with similar standard over the next four weeks.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

He’s allowed the odd shocker after being our best player most of the year, even in our sh*t games
It seemed that Seeds and Smith switched positions from the start of the game with Smith playing more forward than usual and Seeds playing more in defence. Smith then played in defence in the last quarter to save us a few times.

Yeah, no. That rumour belongs in the same bin as the one where Ben McKay had fled Australia to live with his Brazilian girlfriend, and Harry McKay has been playing for both Carlton and North.
I thought of a way to get some more info on this, I'll check it and get back... (Horne, not Mackay)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's literally the reason I have no dramas in letting Mrouch go.

We've got Schoenberg, Berry, Pedlar, O'Connor and a top 3 mid coming next year to complement Laird and Keays.

Let Matt go for Round 2 compo and you complete the rebuild imo
Hopefully Mike ran can get back and add some class to our midfield as well

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d have gone Butts on Naughton and Murray on Bruce but look that’s just splitting hairs there.
Bruce usually plays deeper, so reckon will depend on where they play as both capable on either.

Would be kind of funny reading the posts here if we still end up with Horne because he has an average championships and some Vic kids pull out a blinder.

Also…assuming we are getting an awful pick just because it isnt pick 1 is a bit much - we are still finishing bottom 3. Breaking it down pick 2 in the last few years has netted Petrecca, Anderson, RT, Luko, Taranto, Josh Kelly, Nic Nat, Cotchin, Roughhead, Ball…although I guess we will in reality have pick 4…which has only delivered Oliver, Bont, Kennedy, King, Gaff, Pav..so hardly terrible…build a strong winning culture and enjoyable club and wherever they are from they will stay

Also…what about Matt Crouch and pick 3 for pick 1 if we are so desperate for another top pick…thoughts? Too much?

Having Covid/Saturday drinks but thought the commentators were a bit dissatisfied by the result. Couldn’t hep being happy about our win regardless of the draft pick.Thought we didn’t get the rub of the green re. umpiring but happy days we won!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horne may or may not turn out to be the best player in the draft but if the Victorian Kid that we pick becomes a champion he will piss off just when we start to push for a flag (Hello Pattyflog).
Says who? Sloane stayed. Lynch stayed. Many have stayed. It's the individual and AFC should be skilled enough to weed that out.

Horne isn't even an SA type product. From what I've heard he's a freo fan, which already makes me think how in the hell are you a Dockers fan in SA, so he probably doesn't even have that SA benefit where he would stay home

Yeah this win was against a terrible bruise free side. We allowed 1 developing player to attend centre square, ooh job done everyone.
Hawks played the last quarter as though they didn't want to win. Both clubs have many years of pain ahead. Hawks made a bad decision to get rid of Clarko. I hope we pick him up in 2022.

Also…what about Matt Crouch and pick 3 for pick 1 if we are so desperate for another top pick…thoughts? Too much?

Matt is a free agent. We cannot trade him to North for pick 1.

Not only that, but north are stacked with young mids and would be in the running for the least interested club for Matts services.

Back