Game Day Crows v Roos 12:40 in Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah ok, got my time zones in the Twilight Zone ... :drunk:
I meant, no you are right—the 8:20 pm starts out here in Arizona are nice

Hope all is well your way with you and yours

The commentators were right to say he should have more games, but not because he was tearing up the SANFL.

It was more because:

1) We haven't made finals once since he was drafted so should have been prioritizing young elite talent like him, being a first round draft pick

2) We often preferred to play much worse players instead of him, like Himmelberg and Frampton

3) Rather than backing him in we often dropped him or changed his role, which led to periods of poor form at AFL and SANFL level. We decided to stuff him around despite showing more AFL level traits than many other players we persisted with
He was clearly not fit for AFL standards. There is no question he skated by on his talent alone—as you point out he has natural ability that exceeds many others.

Not sure what the club really could have done differently. The guy had to want to get himself into AFL standard and put a little effort into improving.

I have zero issues tearing up the in over his head coach and the woeful selection/trade FO types.

But Fogerty was always his own worst enemy.

Maybe he gets it now—but I still have reservations

Good games against inferior opponents he can easily out talent also don’t get me all fired up either

I know people complain about Dawson being played down back, but I really don't mind it. It doesn't seem to stifle his offensive game at all, and he's not bad at defending when the time comes. And we are crying out for decent disposal back there.

If that's where he ends up playing for us and he maintains the form he's been in this year, I would be perfectly happy with that.
I fully agree, I dont think he's as comfortable forward of the ball - and at least currently... our rebound benefits far more from his penetrative kicking than our forward line. This "unleashing Dawson into the midfield/wing" stuff doesn't really hit hard for me.

I fully agree, I dont think he's as comfortable forward of the ball - and at least currently... our rebound benefits far more from his penetrative kicking than our forward line. This "unleashing Dawson into the midfield/wing" stuff doesn't really hit hard for me.
Was utilised higher up the ground in the second half of 2021at Sydney with very good effect. Was projected to play as a wing/outside mid for them going forward.

We didn't cough up a first rounder for another rebounding defender. Nicks using him this way is undermining his development as a key transition player for us. Nicks is showing a lack of forward thinking (and probably trying to save his coaching butt) by playing Jordy in Brent Reilly's role.

Was it him who said that Fogarty had "dominated the SANFL" and yet wasn't given games?

So when was that, exactly? He was drafted in 2017. From 2018-2019 he played 27 SANFL games and kicked 17 goals. He actually managed more goals at AFL level in that time, from half as many games. He didn't play a single SANFL game in 2020, and has only played nine games since.

I'm delighted to see Fogarty coming into his own this past month, but the facts are that we've continued to give him opportunities despite his performances at SANFL level, not because of them.
It’s such lazy journalism. It would take the smallest bit of research to look up his SANFL stats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back